Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the Seagate field in Woodlands???

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intrance View Post
    guys..

dont u think, its tad too near with Woodlands dr 17? 1km perhaps?
    unless of coz u r using 2.4ghz..
    From the SLA map, it is at least 2km or more apart leh.

Anyway, I dont see any signboard put up at that Seagate field when I was there yesterday.

I dont fly there, just drop by to look see look see.

Comment

Here is a more clearer indication of the fields

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
        Here is a more clearer indication of the fields
        true bro but if like from where u stand at the seagate field n the path your plane or heli takes...........u can actually see...........hmmmm........maybe i am thinking like when i am driving la...........as long u can see the TP on top of the bridge means u tio saman liao if u were speeding LOL
        DX7 SE

Comment

I used to cycle up and down Woodlands Ave 12 to keep fit. From Gambas Ave to the SLE exit, it is abt 3km as per my bike speedometer. I will clock 20km and then cycle back home.

I cycle on the pavement on the RSAF fence perimeter. Got shade from the trees and proper cycling path, no need to be afraid of cars.

So I know that between the two fields, it is really far. And furthermore, can you even see the orientation of the plane when it is more than 1km away!!!

IMHO only.

Comment

Yup of course cant see ya............ unless u flying 3m wingspan LOL........ what i meant is that i myself not sure how far can a radio transmit so afraid of interference as if there are people flying in the centre of dr17......their plane would sure fly on top of the main road i think ave12 or 2........... i know cause i saw once before and there might be some interference
            DX7 SE

Comment

Originally posted by NISMOPOWER View Post
              Yup of course cant see ya............ unless u flying 3m wingspan LOL........ what i meant is that i myself not sure how far can a radio transmit so afraid of interference as if there are people flying in the centre of dr17......their plane would sure fly on top of the main road i think ave12 or 2........... i know cause i saw once before and there might be some interference
              I think this is more to taking over of A/C. Imagine a flyer from Seagate FF flyi his A/C toward SLE direction. When the A/C reach ard ave 5 location, someone from Drive 17 with the same frequency will be able to control n bring the A/C back to land at Drive 17.

IM'monday blues'O

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                I think this is more to taking over of A/C. Imagine a flyer from Seagate FF flyi his A/C toward SLE direction. When the A/C reach ard ave 5 location, someone from Drive 17 with the same frequency will be able to control n bring the A/C back to land at Drive 17.

IM'monday blues'O
                yup something like that
                DX7 SE

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post

IM'monday blues'O
                  Errr, I doubt that flyer at Seagate FF is even able to make it past the cross junction. The Seagate building is really huge, although it is not indicated in the map.

I think that normal PPM Tx has a range of 2km or less. You can try holding a servo wif receiver connected and travel 2km away and see if you still have control.

Comment

That field is meant for kites, smaller planes and from 180 size to 90 size heli. Morever there's no take off path over there to let bigger plane to take off. Even the most experience 1/3 scale pilot can't take off from the road because of the traffic and the kites there. There's alot of kite flyers who fly their huge kite nearer to the Seagate factory.
                    今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                    不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                    长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                    Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
                    If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
                    Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
                    Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                    Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
                    Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                    Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                    Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
                    Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Err, when I was there on Sunday 5pm, there was not a single soul there leh. Where did the kite flyers went to??? Woman Day celebration???

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                        Err, when I was there on Sunday 5pm, there was not a single soul there leh. Where did the kite flyers went to??? Woman Day celebration???
                        most probably becoz of muddy field and no wind
                        sigpic

Comment

Flying Field in Woodlands

Guys, are you still flying at Seagate FF, or Drive 17?
                          Because I plan to maiden my 500 this Saturday field near to my place.

It is the loop between Woodlands Ave 5, 6, Woodlands Drive 16, 53.
                          sigpic
                          "Sky's the limit"

Comment

Originally posted by SkyLine.ph View Post
                            Guys, are you still flying at Seagate FF, or Drive 17?
                            Because I plan to maiden my 500 this Saturday field near to my place.

It is the loop between Woodlands Ave 5, 6, Woodlands Drive 16, 53.
                            me too, if possible. provided my heli is ready.
                            Filght Biodata:
                            Spektrum DX6i 2.4Ghz (with AR6100e)
                            Heli: Trex 450 Cron (U/C)

Comment

woodlands flying fields

Where I fly... I'll be there tomorrow morning from 9AM... then maybe also in the afternoon. As I would like to join you guys in the 2 others fields, but I'm still fine-tuning my gyro/servo settings, so mostly I'm just hovering my heli yet.

sigpic
                              "Sky's the limit"

Comment

That's a good field too.
                                今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                                不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                                长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                                Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
                                If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
                                Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
                                Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                                Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
                                Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                                Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                                Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
                                Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Working...
                                X