• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I know how to get to 9Z, 9C & 8U service menus!!" from Runryder

From Runryder, By finless
    Orginal Post, please see here

OK, this was easier than I expected.
    I have learned how to get the Futaba 9Z and 9C into the Service Menus.
    It was not rocket science and I am TRULY surprised this has not been shared before because it is so simple.

Angelos, sorry to burst your bubble of secrecy but I am going to have to share this in support of enthusiasts around the world! Sorry but people need to know how to do this because it is so simple and because anyone with simple soldering skills WITHOUT taking their radio apart can do it!

The 9C actually has TWO different menus. One that is nothing more than simple diagnostics tests (what many see on Angelos web site) and one that has the ability to set MODES (H-1, A-1, H-2, and H-1 settings) as well as switch types! Heck I think it might be possible (looking at the circuitry) to add 3 positions switches to the 9C! I will let everyone know if this is possible later¡_¡_.

History:
    Doing a search on the web, I found absolutely NOTHING about these secret Futaba menus which absolutely surprised me! I mean seriously, you can find information to make a nuclear bomb on the web but not how to access these SIMPLE to get at menus! Come on¡_ Hard to believe an X Futaba service person has not share this in the 3 or more YEARS this was known to be available!

What tipped me off was a web site in .CZ that showed how to get at the service menus on a FF9. You all can see it here:

I could not read this page but a picture tells a thousand words!
    This got my 9C into the TEST menus but it was my playing around with other Campac interface pins that led me to the ¡°other¡± menu that gives MUCH more power and changability!

Then looking at a Campac and studying the data sheet for the memory chip, it was easy to see what pins were used for what. Process of elimination got me to understand the simplicity of the Futaba Campac interface!

Knowing that the Service Menus are achieved by using this interface it was a simple matter of setting certain pins to the proper levels! I first got this on my Futaba 9C but quickly learned this same process did not work on the 9Z. OK.... so I took my 9Z radio apart to see the support chips and what they might be looking for. BINGO! It was easy after that!

On my 9C I actually found a menu that Angelos' Service Enabler does not allow you to get to! That is the ability to actually change the switches, set the model for H-1, H-2, A-1, and A-2 along with some other useful capabilities! Angelos' Ultrapac does not allow access to these menus near as I can tell! His module allows access to the 9C "TEST" menus only. I don¡¯t own a Ultrapac so I don¡¯t know for sure but I bet this is the case! To have a ¡°common¡± service menu setting of the pins for the 9Z and 9C would NOT allow access to the 9C extra ¡°settings¡± menu¡_ Maybe he can figure out what radio his Ultrapac is plugged into and do this but I seriously doubt it works this way as there are two modes on the 9C!.

So how do you do it?
    Go to my web site here:

Trust me¡_ it is DARN simple!

Bottom line, yes I did "risk" my radio figuring this out but unlike some, I am willing to share my experience and how to's. Things like this should be shared and not exploited for as long as they have been (3 years near I can tell). I simply cannot believe this has been a secret for so long!
    I am the type of person that "shares" my experiences and what I learned for the better of the hobby and all users...... I call this an "open" knowledge sharing! I would hope that other users here would share things they learned too¡_¡_
    Team RCFlipMaster

Now this is interesting.

I hope with that information, I can the switch for Auto-Rotation/Throttle Hold switch for my 9CHP. Right now I use Idle 3 to simulate Throttle Hold instead.

I find that for Mode 2 user like me, having throttle hold on the left side is much more easier to toggle than on th right side.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
    X