Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the best glue for epp foam

Hi need some advise, anybody know what is the best glue for epp foam ?

Dont thing nor CA and foam glue will work right

your advise is much appreciated

i used a 5 minutes, 2 parts epoxy and it works very well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondK
      i used a 5 minutes, 2 parts epoxy and it works very well for me.
      will it make it heavy ?

want to setup with min weight from the glue used

thanks for ur advise

Comment

I used normal CA + "Kicker" on elapor. If foam safe CA works for EPP, then maybe you should consider using medium type + Kicker. Good and easy.

Mike

Comment

May want to try UHU POR glue - which I believe is designed for polystyrene.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
            Hi need some advise, anybody know what is the best glue for epp foam ?

Dont thing nor CA and foam glue will work right

your advise is much appreciated
            If using CA must use kicker. please be careful as CA + kicker on skin = burn!
            It gets very hot and it is dangerous.

Normal CA is excellent on EPP, you can also use contact cement. both will not dissolve the EPP.

Alternatively hot glue gun. I like it alot but it can get quite messy.

Epoxy if used selectively, little bit at a time, can be very strong and will not add much weight. Probably best for "mission critical" parts, great for motor mount. but dam slow man...

Comment

Sorry, this post seemed a bit blunt after I read it myself. I hereby apologize if I sound too 'loud'. I'm editing some words here to make it sound better.

EPP planes are created because of the resilient properties of the material that makes an airframe bouncable and not break up. The CA and epoxy adhesives are usually not recommended, unless specified by the kit manufacturer. CA and epoxies cures hard and will cause the joints to be stiff, brittle and not flexible. The joints will not be flexible enough to take punishments and will normally crack or shatter during impact. We do contact combats with our EPP slope gliders and at least this is what the kits' instruction manual recommends.

The best glue is those super strong contact cement like 'Shoe-glue', 'Shoe-Goo' or 'Zap-a-gap-a-goo'. You have to apply on both surfaces of the joints and let it dry for a few minutes before putting them together. Once done, the joints will be flexible and very strong.

The next glue you can use is Hot melt glue. Thin contact cements like UHU will work, but not as strong as Goop.
              Last edited by joe yap; 03-07-2007, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the advise

Think I have to agree with Joe, as I have come across many epp plane that the damage is at the join rather than the epp itself.....

Something the glue even peel off from the epp like skin ..... think is epoxy

well think I will try "shoe glue" or " hot melt"....

Hi joy may I know what is 'Zap-a-gap-a-goo' ...... me blur blur lor

once again thank all
                Last edited by loyn; 03-07-2007, 10:18 AM.

Comment

"Zap-a-gap-a-goo" is almost the same type of contact cement like Shoe-Glue, which is produced by the Pacer Technology, which also produce you favourite Zap CAs. It comes in a tube form and is clear and thick when you squeeze it out. Do your job outdoors or well ventilated room though as the solvent fumes can get pretty annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                    Hi joy may I know what is 'Zap-a-gap-a-goo' ...... me blur blur lor

once again thank all
                    Huh ? ....Joe Yap = Joy = Girl ?

.....Hey Joe ....when did you had a sex change ?! .....Joking only !
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

Haha! Maybe just last night!

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
                        "Zap-a-gap-a-goo" is almost the same type of contact cement like Shoe-Glue, which is produced by the Pacer Technology, which also produce you favourite Zap CAs. It comes in a tube form and is clear and thick when you squeeze it out. Do your job outdoors or well ventilated room though as the solvent fumes can get pretty annoying.
                        Joe is it similar to what GWS supplies in their kits? The white tube one?
                        Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

sorry for the typo corrected

must be system overload already

Comment

Originally posted by protyne
                            Joe is it similar to what GWS supplies in their kits? The white tube one?
                            hm interesting question.......

ya hor are they the same...... as that gws glue is also kind of contact glue too

but not sure is it as stong as those shoes glue

Comment

I got a giant EPP plane..
                              Wing span 1800.
                              Can a uhu up to the job?
                              I love PAP

Comment

Working...
                              X