Hi, after looking at some of the previous posting, it look like the right time to start this interesting topics.
In general EDF is not as efficient systems compare to open blade propeller driven power systems. However, EDF provide a more realistic setup for jet plane. The systems can be tweaked up to improve efficiencies.
Some typical questions are
1)Does all the electrical power you put into the plane turns into meaningful thrust or your systems is just using up all the batteries energy to warm up the coffee or your favourite tea?
2) Does one use high KV motor or lower KV motor?
3) More or lesser blade Paddle count is better?
4) Does one use light weight motor or heavy weight?
5)More or less number of cells (Lithium or NICAD) added to the power sytems?
6) What else can be done to get more static thrust for lesser electrical power systems?
7) How critical is the air intake ?
Some of this discussion is highly debatable but lets discuss the issues in
friendly and helpful ways?