Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch-built Boeing 777

Plane is 1m in length , 1.2m wingspan. around 150-200g without any electrical components.Completely cut/sandpapered out of foam boards.

So far,i'm 1 week into this project... and this is what i have accomplished.

I kinda need some help like which motor i should get, i was planning to buy the 2 of the GW-EDF55 set.. $25 each, with 9.6v and 5.9A it produce around 141g of thrust. I'm not really sure dose it produce enough thrust to get it flying...so i need some experience people to help me -_-''

I hope to get it madien in the next few months

Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

And ya... snice i'm kinda new to this hobby..., i hadn't got any controller and servos.. so i also need advices any recomannded controller models i should get..., (i heard some controllers come with servos and ESC) from cheapest $100+ to those high end $1000+. nevertheless i'm just a 16year old guy still schooling...so...i'm on a tight budget wahahaha...
    Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

wow you are moving on. Seen your previous thread. great effort. Dun give up. You will love it forever
      I'm back!!!!

Comment

Hi there, welcome to DH! It's nice to see someone still in the business of the plain old method of building planes. There are many references and people on this site which you can find information on.

Firstly, I'm not that good enough or have the skills to give you some idea and recommendation on how your plane will fly with what power system.

On the radio, I would recommend you to get the best radio which you can afford. Though the Hitec Optic 6 might be economical, but usually people will sell the radio for a JR 9x2 or the Futaba 9C Series as they move on(I've owned a T6 Super before settling for 9CAP. Should have bought it in the first place and not waste money on the T6! My younger brother bought a 9CHP when he started and has nt looked back ever since). Check out the market place and I'm sure there are many people who wants to sell Optic 6, 9x2 or 9C.

You've got the blood of a builder, keep it up! You might want to find out something more about airfoils and aspect ratios.
        Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
        20,000 times a min

Comment

gd job
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Alex,

You have PM.

Thanx!
            SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

okok! my B777 is making progress each second! :lip I've joint the head and tail to the fuselage and those minor details that need touching up..., now i just need engines and ESCs.

I've attached 3 landing gear. 2 under the wings and one at the front. I used fence wire..(strong and flexible) so kinda like...shock absorber when the plane lands...

Heres some latest pictures.

Any helpful comments that flash through your heads pls post them here thanks

1st pic) Fixing the elevator using balsa material
              2nd pic) Fixed the flaps
              3rd pic) Cutting out for the flaps
              4th pic) Fixed scratched made servo horn to elevator
              5th pic) Everything..+ landing gears...

Build it
              Fly it
              Crash it
              Fix it

Comment

Oh ya..and thanks wei yao for ur help! wahahaha..if this plane dosen't fly er... den... i'll build another one! probably a F-22 scratch built
                Build it
                Fly it
                Crash it
                Fix it

Comment

Keep the spirit up

Hi viper1990.

If this dun get off the groud, Download the plan from internet. There are plan in the net free... you just need to search around. I can send it to you if you want. Just drop me a mail. But you need a cad software to see it... also can download free from the net.

Keep up the work.
                  If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

You want my PSS plans?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBoy
                      Hi viper1990.

If this dun get off the groud, Download the plan from internet. There are plan in the net free... you just need to search around. I can send it to you if you want. Just drop me a mail. But you need a cad software to see it... also can download free from the net.

Keep up the work.
                      haha..thanks -_-, but i design my plane from a B777 plan from internet too..but the definations are not clear..., show u the picture..

Build it
                      Fly it
                      Crash it
                      Fix it

Comment

@Joe yap
                        I want your PSS plans please
                        Sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by redblur
                          @Joe yap
                          I want your PSS plans please
                          I'll need your email address. Alternatively, somebody has attached the plans to the Profili website : http://www.profili2.com/eng/default.htm

You can download from there as well.

Comment

Wa! the stuffs in the website looks very complicated! i don't really understand what it does like those airfoils and stuffs... It is important if i learn them?

O.o, So many planes to construct!! are they like for scratch buildings?
                            Build it
                            Fly it
                            Crash it
                            Fix it

Comment

oh My e-mail is
                              reakanazawa@yahoo.com

thx
                              Sorry for my english

Comment

Working...
                              X