• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, just realised Mad A used a Foretrex 101 - i.e. the $230 one
    If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon
      Have a look at Post #7 on this thread... when Mad A used a GPS to clock his SV27 and posted his results
      Yup, same same one.Garmin Foretrex 101.

Comment

Hi Herman,

Can post the timing for the speed run??? Maybe a seperate thread wif number of participants n hull type.

Thks.

Comment

Submission for speed run entry :

31" Catamaran
          Running on 4S2P lipo

Speed clocked : 64.5km/h

Witness :

Frank
          Herman n wife
          ppl from PP

Video : http://www.daddyhobby.com/gallery/sh...=500&ppuser=21

Pic :

Comment

Adrainli,

Congrats to your speed setting record. 64.5 kph on 4s.

Cheers

James

Comment

Thks.

B4 tis run, actually did 63.1km/h n 62.8km/h on rough water wif a nitro boat running ard.

Then when water was calm n no boats running, Herman egged me to do a good speed run. Having calm water really helps. For now, boat back in dry dock for some repairs n tuning. Hoping to get the Y536 prop which sounds faster when I tested it in Bishan.

Was very pleased wif tis run, must really thk Herman for the GPS + video n many other things.........

In fact Frank's Cat was faster than mine, he clocked 64.7km/h on 5S lipo. His will be faster than mine if his boat didnt pitch badly n his Tx didnt give low batt sounds.

Comment

Glad to be of help to you guys Looking at the set-ups in your Cat and Frank's, I learned a lot myself

Comment

Glad to be of help to you guys Looking at the set-ups in your Cat and Frank's, I learned a lot myself
                  You should get one to experiment

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                    Submission for speed run entry :

31" Catamaran
                    Running on 4S2P lipo

Speed clocked : 64.5km/h

Witness :

Frank
                    Herman n wife
                    ppl from PP
                    It's about time!
                    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Oops, just realised Mad A used a Foretrex 101 - i.e. the $230 one
                      Got the Foretrex 101 because I had the impression that the Forerunner series don't show max speed. Think I was wrong.

IMO, the Foretrex and Forerunner series are ideal for boat use, coz it's small, splash proof and most impt, light (78g).

Can't remember how much I paid for it. Got it from Amazon. My friend was there for business trip, so I got it sent to his hotel. Save a bit on freight.
                      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Yo Mad A, long time no see or hear! You well and still running the SV and Mogli?

You'll need to come back and raise the bar a little

Comment

Yo Mad A, long time no see or hear! You well and still running the SV and Mogli?

You'll need to come back and raise the bar a little
                          Been busy with other things daaaaa... Hmm, I really should dust the cobwebs off me boats.

Comment

Got myself a proper GPS to clock my speed. A brand new Garmin Forerunner 101 from Ebay. Allbright quoted me S$180, Ebay selling at US$100.96 wif shipping to Singapore. The choice is clear.

Here are the pics.

Comment

Working...
                            X