Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter Help for Children's Day

I am a teacher. I am currently attending a church in Punggol. For my Sunday School service on Children's Day, I am staging a play - the Noah's Ark. So at the last part, where Noah sends out 2 doves to test if the land is dry, the surprise for all the kids is that a radio control helicopter (perferably a pair of heli) will return back to the stage.

I wanted to do this myself with a co-axial Lama or some fixed-pitch helicopter (easy for beginner) but due to wanting to start hobby properly and with a tight budget, I am still considering which model to buy and start this hobby.

So for this part of the play, I will need 2 kind volunteers to assist me in this. The actual play will be on the 24 Sep about 10am in the morning at Punggol Central in the church building. Total kids about 100. fly from back to hall to land on stage. can incorporate some action if you are okay to do it.

I will learn to fly and so next year I can do it too.
    Contact me at 96419855 or email cdckjn2002@yahoo.com.sg thanks so mcuh for your help.

anyone can help please? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am discussing with a fellow member, will let you know

Cheers

Mike

Comment

anyone can help please?

Comment

I think its too dangerous for heli flying in crowded places especially with kids around, I would suggest you use helium floats...
          Regards

Comment

Okay with a Lama V3 co-axial heli (or similar type), but you'll NEED an expert heli flyer to make sure all safety precautions are taken and the heli will not crash down on the kids below ....the lama's rotor blades are quite save but they can still take out an eye if they whack into someones face.
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

expert are right on safety, I just got a cut on my chin last sunday when I was testing my plane pro, looking at it directly to test the pro rotation. Out of suddenly. it broke free n fly towards me n make a cut on my chin.
              Please thinking it back right now is damn dangerous if afew centimeter it will cut my eye n I will be out of jobs n hobby.
              JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

I am aware of the potential danger, that's why I am not doing it myself and to give myself some time to learn to fly properly before trying. Therefore I am asking for expert help to do it. Also there will be rehearsals and the need to meet up with the pilot to arrnage the flight path so that there will be minimum over head flight just in case of "accidents" touch wood and hopefully that it will be a straight forward flight.

Comment

better lay over the top where the children are sitting with a super big fishing net
                  JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Errr, u mounting a dove fuselage on the heli??? Or the heli carrying the dove along???

Or u want the kids to imagine the R/C heli is the dove???

My fren, having big dreams n ambition is good. But hor, on the paramount aspects of safety of the kids, keep it cheap n simple.

Attach two plastic doves on a fishing line, have a fishing line across the stage with a pulley system, get a guy to pull the pulley n the doves will appear flying across the stage. The kids will pick up some science skills with the pulley system.

Comment

Just pretend the doves are the heli. I know that this is a little over the head, but I still think that perhaps there is some expert here who is willing to try and give it a try. I just know that the children's smile and surprise on that day is worth the hardwork and the safety that we do in just to do it.

Originally posted by Adrianli
                      Errr, u mounting a dove fuselage on the heli??? Or the heli carrying the dove along???

Or u want the kids to imagine the R/C heli is the dove???

My fren, having big dreams n ambition is good. But hor, on the paramount aspects of safety of the kids, keep it cheap n simple.

Attach two plastic doves on a fishing line, have a fishing line across the stage with a pulley system, get a guy to pull the pulley n the doves will appear flying across the stage. The kids will pick up some science skills with the pulley system.

Comment

Sorry, cant help u then.

Me, skill level only so so, not confident to fly in enclosed area n near kids. Moreover my heli is a Trex, the high speed noise will scare the kids even more.

Comment

Maybe u should also provide black & white claiming that for whatever mishap, you shall be responsible and not the pilot. Happy Tree Friends anyone?
                          Heli:
                          . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                          . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                          . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                          . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                          . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                          . Ok Model Medallion
                          . E*Star Storch
                          . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                          . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                          . Canon 7D & 500D
                          . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                          . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                          . Canon 85mm f1.8
                          . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

maybe you can approach pips hobby for help..i think they have done it for a wedding..

Comment

I was hoping that some kind soul will do for free for the smiles on the children's faces.

I was thinking of electric helicopter because it is indoor and also the noise. I will definitely arrange the testing anytime as I can always book the room for the testing. Just let me know when anyone can come and try.

Comment

Working...
                              X