Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mufsin
    Oki guys..hope u enjoyed my novice picture taking....by the way..if u notice...for both sat and sun....these guys will ride pass
    novice? then u must be a born talent. The zeros in fligth picture was really nice... v real.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
      Pls let me show afew pics I've taken too.
      serousli eht plane is tht. It looks damncool. How did it fly?

Comment

anybody knows that plane is that?
        That's the MAKO jet (MAKO- Mako Shark, at least that was the original name before all the clones...). For those interested its a ducted fan plane. Triple wing design using only 2 servos (Elevon setup). The included BL and ducted fan requires a 3S battery to power the plane effectiely.

Careful to select a high discharge 3S of 1000mAH or less to power the plane. Larger battery tend to make the plane nose heavy.

Fuselage is made from EPP and is very resistance to hard knocks. Construction is very straight forward, like making sandwich... bottom fuse, bottom wing, ducted fan/fuse, mid wing, high wing, covered with top fuse, than close up the wingtips with the two rigid fins.

As far as i know, THE hobby shop in Kelantan Lane is selling it...
        But if anyone really want one without having to make the trip can PM Chekgu (Plug&Fly) I think he still has one in semi-permanent storage condition.

Maiden:
        Pilot has no clue (incomplete instruction?) where the CG is. Some more plane design is very unconventional. We decided to be a bit conservative and adopted a forward estimate. Launch, as with most pusher jet, was straight/level and hard toss. Looks good initially, no exclaimation from pilot, but plane don't seemed to be climing. Upon closer examination pilot was actually sweating and fully concentrated in keeping the plane airborne. Plane was brought to land without damage.

2nd flight:
        approx 30g on the tail to balance! Launch was angled too high, plane could not build-up enough airspeed. Stalled and vertical nose down from about 5m high at full throttle . Impact was enough to bounce the plane right up like a pongo stick . Surprisingly the little plane held up very well no serious damage other than the creases on the EPP fuse (a testament to the toughness of the foam). After a quick inspection, the plane was launched again. This time reducing the angle to almost flat and giving a hard toss. Plane dipped a little and began climbing off gently...

That's my experience of this little good-looking flyer.

Edmund care to share more about your flying experience/recommendation (about the CG issue)?

Cheers,
        Leon

Comment

PCC the Camera Man

Hi PCC,
          How's that arm man, hope you're doing well...
          Why not be our "official" camera man for the next couple of weeks, keep in touch with the hobby man!

Any one with a good tripod to loan?

Get well soon, man

Cheers,
          Leon

Comment

Originally posted by leonlio
            Hi PCC,
            How's that arm man, hope you're doing well...
            Why not be our "official" camera man for the next couple of weeks, keep in touch with the hobby man!

Any one with a good tripod to loan?

Get well soon, man

Cheers,
            Leon
            Thx Leon.... its doing so well n itching great tht i wanna remopve the cast early.

I hv not been going to sunday am meets due to family commitmentys (unless i go early n leave by 8am). But can be official photographer on Saturdays.... John.... lend me camera pls...

Comment

Erm .. PCC means what??? Very curious ...

Comment

Erm .. PCC means what??? Very curious ...
                Ops... phrase wrong...
                I mean how does your nick come about?
                Mine.. cos I used eat HDB frequently to save hassle on choices...

Comment

Originally posted by PCC
                  serousli eht plane is tht. It looks damncool. How did it fly?
                  Looks coolz .. I would say it FLEW .. kinda comical seeing the pilot shitting his pants during the first flight But hey, freaks are pros when it comes to rare planes.
                  C130 no problem liao .. this little spacecraft also no prob...

Comment

Was privillage to witness the nose bounce of the mako jet...coool lah... pretty impressive it didnt suffer much damage
                    OnDuty:
                    EPP Red Reno
                    Nitro SeaBee .46
                    EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
                    Frio 3d

InHanger:

GreatPlanes P-51 Mustang .61 4 stroke for sale

Comment

Ops... phrase wrong...
                      I mean how does your nick come about?
                      Mine.. cos I used eat HDB frequently to save hassle on choices...
                      its the initials of my name....

Comment

Originally posted by PCC
                        its the initials of my name....
                        Oh ok ok.
                        Ya,and get well soon.I fractured my left wrist twice.Left hand is so much weaker even though its more than 10yrs ago....

Comment

Oki guys..hope u enjoyed my novice picture taking....by the way..if u notice...for both sat and sun....these guys will ride pass
                          Welcome to photography and posting bro Musfin!
                          I resize my photos down using ACDsee or any other picture editor...check out cnet.com / download section...search for "photo editor" or "photo resize", or your camera may bundle some freewares for you to use....like Arcsoft photo editors etc....comes in handy!

cheers!
                          Last edited by P4cm4n2000; 19-03-2007, 10:36 AM.
                          Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Alamak john....you expose me lah....wanted to be a mysterious pepporrazzi.... did i spell that rite?
                            OnDuty:
                            EPP Red Reno
                            Nitro SeaBee .46
                            EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
                            Frio 3d

InHanger:

GreatPlanes P-51 Mustang .61 4 stroke for sale

Comment

okok....mysterious guy....keke
                              Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Yo Mufsin, nice shot.

cool jet
                                Is OK if you DUN buy,
                                but DUN cut my throat.

Comment

Working...
                                X