Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic safety switch with anti flash protection

Hello,

Anyone knows which reputable LHS sells this : http://shop.rc-electronic.com/e-vend...71b1b7c3758e51

No more scary sparks from my 8S or 10S lipo packs.

Adrian, erm, ain't these for Rx power supply only?

I don't see any high voltage anti-flash devices at that site leh.

Comment

Go to General Electronics -> Electric Flight

Here are some screenshots :

Comment

Cool! thanks man.

Comment

Adrianli...I already told u that u can easily build something similar to it long long time ago but u don't believe or not interested.

What u need is another connector or even a switch will do. What u need to do is to connect a low resistance resistor (either 3W or 5W) to a switch or a connector.

To power on, you switch on that switch/connector. The current will flow from your battery to the resistor and to your ESC. Because there is a resistor over there, the capacitor in the ESC will slowly charge up...thus u do not see any spark. The spark is cause by the capacitor being charge up instantly when u connect battery to ESC.

After waiting for like a 2 or 3 seconds, you then connect your usual Dean/Bullet Connector of your battery to ESC. Now since the capacitors has some "charge" inside, there is no spark. (See below)

When capacitor is empty (no charge), the resistance across the capacitor is like 0 ohm (current can flow through). That is why when u connect your ESC, u see spark.
          When u connect power supply to the capacitor, the capacitor is charge up (just like charging a battery). As the capacitor beginning to charge up, the conductivity across the capacitor drop. When the capacitor is fully charge, the conductivity is like 0 (open circuit)

SH

Comment

I already d/l the stuff u talking abt. Here it is for the benefit of the rest.

Comment

This expensive one is more for boat application where u connect the battery to the esc inside the hull and then seal the hatch. After playing, u will need a safety plug to disconnect the battery.

This device is very cool, using a magnetic switch.

Comment

"Magnetic switch" is just a relay.. a Glass Relay for example. U place magnet, switch close (on). U remove magnet, switch open (off).

Again, can easily done and the switch is available in Sim Lim Tower.

SH

Comment

So complicated ! ...I'll rather simply install one of these !

...and be done with it.
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                    So complicated ! ...I'll rather simply install one of these !

...and be done with it.

The item u referring to will definately produce a big spark called "PIAK".

I dont mind the spark, rather entertaining. But ppl ard me kind of intimidated by it esp Ang. Connecting 8S or 10S lipo to the ESC, definately will be a big spark, no matter how gentle or careful u are.

Comment

Here is an example of its usage.

I tink I kena FE boat poison till no cure liao.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                        The item u referring to will definately produce a big spark called "PIAK".

I dont mind the spark, rather entertaining. But ppl ard me kind of intimidated by it esp Ang. Connecting 8S or 10S lipo to the ESC, definately will be a big spark, no matter how gentle or careful u are.
                        You are right, there will be a big ""PIAK" ...but the design is such that when that occurs, all the terminals are "enclosed" by the plastic housing so there wun be any stray "PIAK" flying out and landing on Ang !

...Yah man, you kenna boat poison real bad ...dun worry ! ...soon you can have slope glider poison to counter that !
                        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                        X