Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The authorities are clamping down especially on drones

SINGAPORE — Two men were charged on Friday (5 July) with operating drones without a permit near Paya Lebar Air Base, in an unprecedented case of individuals hauled to court for drone activity.

The problem with some jokers are they never think how their action impact other user. The real culprit who cause flight delay at Changi airport are still at large, while 2 Singaporean who were never involve in the Changi Airport incident were haul to court because they flew their drone withinn 5 km of Paya Lebar airport. Singapore is so small,now tell me which part of the Island is not within 5Km from airport or sensitive area. Those area not within the 5km (no fly zone) are densely populated or not suitable for RC aircraft activities.

Meanwhile, please define drone. Is drone an radio control flying vehicles?

Comment

TThis is very near to me.
      Does that mean, we might as well bin our tiny racing drones?

Comment

anymore legal flying field? looks like only old holland rd based from the CAAS map, got surprised that Tuas also restricted area to fly

Comment

Originally posted by axljackass View Post
          anymore legal flying field? looks like only old holland rd based from the CAAS map, got surprised that Tuas also restricted area to fly
          There are low flying helis & planes flying near/above OHR,likely from SBAB, if u talk about safety OHR should not be a legal place to fly too.
          Jurong is even worse, quite often low flying aircrafts/helis at west coast/Chinese Garden/pioneer/NTU area.
          fly where.sg map shows those area near Tuas check point is actually flight path of military aircraft too.

Tuas South is still ok to fly during weekends cos is quite "ulu" place, how ever new factories are building up faster than u can imagine of. So enjoy this hobby while still can lah.
          As for true authorized flying field in SG, join RMS lor, fly at Pasir Panjang area, the club got all the necessary papers to fly rc plane there ����

Comment

• mptang
            mptang commented
            Editing a comment
            Problem is RMS don't allow flying on weekdays.

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
          The problem with some jokers are they never think how their action impact other user. The real culprit who cause flight delay at Changi airport are still at large, while 2 Singaporean who were never involve in the Changi Airport incident were haul to court because they flew their drone withinn 5 km of Paya Lebar airport. Singapore is so small,now tell me which part of the Island is not within 5Km from airport or sensitive area. Those area not within the 5km (no fly zone) are densely populated or not suitable for RC aircraft activities.

You are right Bro. I just hope that we can get all the rc community together and have a discussion with the ministers and relevant authorities on this issues so that they know and understand our concerns. We already have enough stress at work and when we want to enjoy our rc activity, we are ban from flying at our local field. Take note that the authorities have classified no flying of any remote control aircraft instead of only rc drones. Now the question is what are we going to do with our rc which some of us have a few in hand? Nobody wants to buy it if we want to sell cause they know that they cannot fly it without being chase by the authorities. I'm so sad to see what our country has become now. Instead of trying to understand and serve the people, they prefer to make our life more miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post

If i interpret correctly, CAAS define things that can fly and the operator of the flying machine does not sit inside to control its operation is considered as UAV. By this definition, not only drones/planes, helis,kites,control line aircraft are all considered as UAV. I have seen enforcement officers stopping a man playing control line kites at a location within "5KM radius of airbase" therefore there is no point asking CAAS to define drone, likely CAAS will answer back saying UAVs are not allowed to operate within 5KM of airport/airbase (unless you somehow able to get approval or permits to fly within the zone)

Authority wants to catch "multi rotor" (a.k.a drone) but they fire their shots at UAVs. Just like Chemotherapy, which kills both good and bad cells to treat cancer. CAAS is following the guide book they have and seems like policy maker doesn't play RC planes/drones. If the panel of the policy makers are made up of RC enthusiast, the restriction will be different. Hahaha

I only hope that the enforcement is not carried out too strictly and i also dream of one day the authority will define a day & time (like 6am to 10am/5pm to 7pm during Sundays or public holidays) which we are allowed to fly at the favorite flying sites that happened to be within 5KM radius (area around Changi airport is definitely not allowed but airforce seldom fly their aircraft on sundays/Public holidays at airbase leh)

Comment

• mptang
              mptang commented
              Editing a comment
              Good suggestion if restricted areas within 5 km of airbases can allow flying when there is no aircraft activity. The authorities can set up an app for hobbyists to check when such areas can be used. Shall we start a petition to get the authorities to consider this?

Once upon a time, when everyone was flying gas powered, every Tx have to be registered with Telecom and pay annual fees.
            Legal or non-legal ground, there will be volunteer to make sure Tx frequency don't clash when people are flying.
            We fly far but at "safe height". Authority never give us any trouble.... until fire station site became "state land".

Hell(excuse me pls), which piece of land in our country are not somehow or another belong to the state?
            Then are these land belong to Singaporean which during NS we protect? How come we are not allow to use them?

Giving up on high powered stuff, I found a tiny empty plot at a super ulu place.
            Brought a Cheerson CX-23, removed the camera and happily flew for a months or so height not more than 20m and refrain from sensitive area
            , till another another fellow share the field came in with the big DJI flying with google...
            Hell(excuse me again), there are military area around, and we are flying between two airport. Nut head fly high using camera was simply asking for problem!!!
            I gave up the ground :-(

People flying model today are simply not as discipline as what we used to be.

Comment

Another case, https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...paya-lebar-air

Comment

The whole issues is about FPV...
                and of course bad eggs and nut brains��
                I love PAP

Comment

Wow.

Comment

4 arrested after drone carrying drugs spotted over Kranji Reservoir Park

Comment

Working...
                    X