Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on HobbyWing 200A ESC

Hi All bros here,

Can any one help me to calibrate my Hobbywing 200A ESC. I have totally no idea on the setup from the connection, throttle and BEC as I do not have the program box. However, I can purchase the box.
    I switch my esc from kontronik to hobbywing. Oh... I stop plying this hobby for 2 years now coming back to this hobby so need some help. Please whatapp me 97629902

Can try google for the manual and look up youtube to setup. I believe you can use the tx sticks to setup too.

Sorry, I am unable to help. All my helis only using Castle Creation ESC.

My boats are using HobbyWing Seaking ESC, I use the programming box to configure.

Comment

Assuming you are using ESC's governor.

1. Get/borrow a programming box.
      - Update the ESC firmware
      - Set the ESC Governor (suggest Store Gov Mode)
      - Set the ESC parameters (includes setting BEC voltage)

2. Do the throttle calibration (process depends on what Tx and flight controller you are using)

3. Set/Initialize/Calibrate the RPMs you want (need the programming box to check the max RPM).

4. Go fly. Good luck.

Ref thread:

Buying programming box:

Comment

Thank you for all the information. Just curious the connection for the ESC. The white, red and black wire to be connect to the receiver throttle channel the other will connect to flybarless unit. Question here which port should I connect to I'm using Vbar Neo?

Comment

The white/red/black cable should be connected to the Vbar's ESC port, not receiver.

The red/brown cable (BEC output) goes to a spare port on Vbar, Ch4, Aux2 or Aux3.

The yellow (RPM) wire should be connected to Vbar's RPM port. No use if you are using ESC gov.
          (If you use Vcontrol and want to see the headspeed display on Tx, needs to connect this).

Not sure what Tx you are using. Bus wire from Rx goes to Vbar's Aux1.
          Satellite Rx wires go to the Vbar satellite ports (at the side, can't be wrong)

Comment

Thank you for the info. Can I say that if I'm not using the RPM sensor can I don't connect it?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Sorry i'm trying to do setup on the flybarless system. I a bit confuse here. If I'm using governor from HW should I still connect the ESC cable to the vbar? or I should go to aux2 instead of ECS channel on the Vbar and form the Vbar governor page I leave it blank? Confuse lah

Comment

Vbar Neo uses the ESC signal to control the motor on/off. So this ESC signal from Vbar to HW ESC is to do that.
                  If you do it the Vbar's way, you should connect the Vbar ESC channel to HW ESC.

There may be other implementation so that the control of ESC doesn't go through the Vbar.
                  Connecting to Aux2 is another way. I have not tried this before.

Vbar Neo connection is not conventional, need to get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X