Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Radio Modellers Singapore?

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking of getting into the RC Planes hobby, but due to the extensive no-fly zones around aerodromes and the fact that many other places also forbid RC Flying (Parks, etc.), I've been too intimidated to spend any money on it. I tried looking up RC Clubs online, but the only one I've found was RMS.

However their website didn't offer too many details, so I'd like to ask if any of you have more info for me, like what the opening hours are, which days they're closed, how popular they are/how many people are there usually, what the busiest hours are, whether there are more helis, planes or multi-rotors, etc.

Also, they have a rule that states that pilots have to pass a basic proficiency test before being allowed to fly unsupervised. Do they offer flying courses? I have literally zero experience flying, so I need somewhere to learn. If they do offer courses, then is equipment provided, or will I have to supply my own plane and radio?

I'd appreciate any info you can provide!

You can find out more information from the gentleman over at Singapore Hobby at Fook Hai building. They are one of the organizers for the local flying fields. At the same time you can enquire about a starter plane and equipment. And for equipment, you have to bring your own to the field.
    But smiles and friendly advices are always freely available. Good luck and welcome to the hobby!

Originally posted by Spawnage_Loong View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've been thinking of getting into the RC Planes hobby, but due to the extensive no-fly zones around aerodromes and the fact that many other places also forbid RC Flying (Parks, etc.), I've been too intimidated to spend any money on it. I tried looking up RC Clubs online, but the only one I've found was RMS.

However their website didn't offer too many details, so I'd like to ask if any of you have more info for me, like what the opening hours are, which days they're closed, how popular they are/how many people are there usually, what the busiest hours are, whether there are more helis, planes or multi-rotors, etc.

Also, they have a rule that states that pilots have to pass a basic proficiency test before being allowed to fly unsupervised. Do they offer flying courses? I have literally zero experience flying, so I need somewhere to learn. If they do offer courses, then is equipment provided, or will I have to supply my own plane and radio?

I'd appreciate any info you can provide!

Comment

Working...
    X