Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie seeking help

Hi I am new to helicopters and just started with a small 300 size coaxial electric Esky Heli. Mainly I have been flying in my living room due to my home being near Paya Lebar airbase. Mainly hovering practices. I will be getting an even smaller Trex 100 soon so that I can fly safely indoor as my son loves watching the heli. 300 size is a little big indoors.

I met a group of RC heli uncles 12 years back when I was staying in Bukit Panjang and saw them flying helicopters in the field near Segar MRT. Mostly nitros back then.

Is the group still active and is there are more of such heli flying / gathering around? I would like to go to see and learn.

You can look for uncle Henry. He is very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
      You can look for uncle Henry. He is very helpful.
      Where do I find him?

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus57 View Post
        Where do I find him?
        "You don't find him, he will find you."

He will respond once he see this thread. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
          "You don't find him, he will find you."

He will respond once he see this thread. LOL.

I shall await for his summon

Comment

I need to look for Uncle Henry too. Appreciate if he can contact me.

Comment

Hi, I am keen to get my son who is 9 years old to learn RC helicopter too. can you contact us too?

Comment

Originally posted by Ku Family View Post
                Hi, I am keen to get my son who is 9 years old to learn RC helicopter too. can you contact us too?
                I'm assuming you are talking about hobby grade helis, not those toy helis.
                Not sure where you need help.
                It is better that you post specific questions in this forum rather than asking for general help.

If you want to know whether a 9 years boy can start learning RC heli, I would say yes, but the father needs to be very much involved.
                If fact the father should learn all the basic RC heli knowledge, even practise and at least able to hover.
                This way, you can guide your boy into the hobby safely.
                Always start with simulator first.

See the following link for some basic information about RC helis:
                Let's learn all about RC helicopter controls, both on the helicopter and the transmitter; along with basic, yet important helicopter flight principles.

If you have some basic mechanical and electronics knowledge, you can buy a heli kit and build it yourself,
                otherwise it is better to get a RTF (assembled heli with transmitter, battery and charger).

Remember, safety first at all time.

Comment

Working...
                X