Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a police report against a seller here.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    why you want to use such a term? how well are you acquainted with the facts of the case? until the full facts are laid out in entirety to all of us, let us stay objective first. Let us not pass any hasty judgments on either party, can?
    Agree. My apologies here.

Comment

Originally posted by river001 View Post
      Agree. But can tell the seller is not a very nice guy.
      I dunno and thats why I did not bias towards any side. Nowadays is buyers market, deal are made so cheap and with so many freebies thrown in. We do not have full details to judge who is the villain or victim. One thing for sure, come fore with full facts and not half the story. Seller did mentioned compensating 50 dollars for buyer's inconvenience. Buyer is trapped between 2 different sides, seller and the shop ... each with their own agenda and unable to tell who is correct. Maybe some experienced flier can help him.
      Too many helis!

Comment

hi all,
        sorry to bring u all into my misfortune.
        as i mentioned before the seller ownself said that those heli are either need to do tx setting or some parts replacement(which he have spare for me, according to him at the point of time) Well.. not able to verify until today coz what is what.. i still have no clue yet.. also.. i have screenshot on our conversation before we clinch the deal..
        he knew im a newbie and so i laid my question very straight forward too. anyway im not here to debate or cause any conflict between this community. SG is a small country.. and i do believe what comes around goes around. Karma will hit the anyone hard enuff for the deeds done.
        just here to share my experience as a newbie.. to be cautious.. chill guys.. but liang, no matter what i still will go make a police report against him.. i wanted to seek civil advise but come to think abt it.. its really wasting my time and most importantly money..

Comment

You can definitely make a police report on him but I do not think it helps in any way. This is a private sale after all and I dun think it will even scratch him unless you take a civil lawsuit against him at your own cost first. If he is willing to compensate u in some value, just take it and move on or return the items as it is to him for the value u paid for it. But if you insist that he compensate whatever it takes to make those birds flight worthy, based on judgement from the shop I think that is unrealistic but this is just me not knowing what was the damage and their assessment. It might be better for u to start repairing them yourselves and learn something along the way.
          Too many helis!

Comment

liang, no la.. i never ask him compensate for the repair to make the bird fly.. i ask him
            1) Full refund + Repair cost and charges from rotor
            2) Give a better compensation not that $50..
            3) Take the 2 bird back and repair himself.. since he said he have parts they given to me..

but he choose none of the above.. replied in quite a crude manner which hurts.

Comment

Btw, what heli is that?
              I love PAP

Comment

I am not commenting about this particular case.

The biggest issue of buy and sell used items is expectation of both sides.
                It is not easy to manage and deal with human expectation. LOL. More difficult than flying heli.

Just to share my experience of two extreme expectation (from different buyers) on a similar item.

I sold two power supplies to two buyers.

Case 1, buyer complained the power supply fans never turn on.
                After going through all the trouble, it turned out that he was charging small battery (for 450 size heli) with this 1200W power supply.
                Of course the fans would never need to turn on.

Case 2, buyer complained the power supply fan turned on all the time and the noise of fans was very loud.
                After going through all the trouble, it turned out that he was doing parallel charge of large capacity batteries,
                and he slept next to the power supply while he was charging.

In both cases, the items were okay. It was just unreasonable/wrong expectation.

Comment

Police won't take your case unless it is something like that carousel seller who cheated many buyers.
                  Take it as lesson learnt

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
                    I am not commenting about this particular case.

The biggest issue of buy and sell used items is expectation of both sides.
                    It is not easy to manage and deal with human expectation. LOL. More difficult than flying heli.

Just to share my experience of two extreme expectation (from different buyers) on a similar item.

I sold two power supplies to two buyers.

Case 1, buyer complained the power supply fans never turn on.
                    After going through all the trouble, it turned out that he was charging small battery (for 450 size heli) with this 1200W power supply.
                    Of course the fans would never need to turn on.

Case 2, buyer complained the power supply fan turned on all the time and the noise of fans was very loud.
                    After going through all the trouble, it turned out that he was doing parallel charge of large capacity batteries,
                    and he slept next to the power supply while he was charging.

In both cases, the items were okay. It was just unreasonable/wrong expectation.
                    for case 2, is the pilot still around? sleeping whilst charging...HUGE NO-NO
                    Heli-ADDICTION:
                    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

nb86, just sharing........ hope to see u soon! :3
                      raidor, ya lo.. just to keep a record.. who knows he might have made such deal before..
                      hallo, the beyong repair is v120 (which is discontinued product) and mini cp

Comment

Hi SlaCk3Rx,

Please don’t be angry with me but here is my view

Am i correct you are angry because you paid for something that did not live up to your expectations. In additional you feel your financial loss is a not right ? And wish for someone /police / internet forum users/ to agree with you hence police report + post here ? And maybe you also harbour a secret desire that justice can be done and maybe the seller will "wake up to his evil deeds" and do what you are asking ie

1) Full refund + Repair cost and charges from rotor
                        2) Give a better compensation not that $50..
                        3) Take the 2 bird back and repair himself.. since he said he have parts they given to me..

And maybe a statement from him that he will never do such an evil thing and you become from victim to HERO !.

I know I am exaggerating here. But I guess you sound like a person whom have enough sense to know the above will never come true . So then begs the question from me :

What do you really want ?

I ask this because I used the same approach as you before and it is completely human response albeit a bit naive.
                        But a bit older and hopefully a bit wiser me now thinks that approach is a complete waste of my time and darn , it keeps me from enjoying what is really important to me.
                        It hurts to hear but it is better to suck this up , realise some part of your mistake ( eg you are new to hobby and you expect to get a good deal on 2nd hand products ) and move on with life.
                        If you still want $$$ compensation , understand this : You can do all the venting, etc but you aint going to get back your money. And frankly, it is better to spend effort earning money then trying to get It back.Be glad that you got stuck with a bad deal but valuable lesson at very little financial impact. And hopefully this lesson will help you in life to detect the bigger con artists that you will meet further in life.

That my view anyway.

Originally posted by SlaCk3Rx View Post
                        nb86, just sharing........ hope to see u soon! :3
                        raidor, ya lo.. just to keep a record.. who knows he might have made such deal before..
                        hallo, the beyong repair is v120 (which is discontinued product) and mini cp

Comment

chessgame, angry for what? lol.
                          as mentioned he said he willing to compensate me $50. i did not ask for compensation in the first place.
                          all i want is him to atleast honor his words nia. so be it a full refund or repair it.
                          sharing here i also say before, not to gain sympathy or whatsoever or even trying to be a victim-to-hero. perhaps u got too much negativity in humanity which lead u to this statement of urs. not just me. generally.
                          and ofcoz i do hope justice can be serve what. u want to see another person to suffer the same path as what i went thru? i dun wan. im not that selfish.
                          coz in the past all my transaction on 2nd hand are based on trust and item spoilt is known from seller to me. nothing else spoil. so i will be careful in future.

Comment

Moving forward, my advise is,

1) Get yourself a 450 (if on budget) or 550 (recommended) size heli.
                            2) Go to join a group on the field and ask for advises. I'm sure everyone would help. (:
                            3) Enjoy!

This hobby is great. Don't let that idiot make you think otherwise.

Cheers!
                            Kedi AH !

Comment

Murdanny, thanks met a couple of nice soul with no ulterior motives. :3
                              Thinking to stay with FP for awhile more as CP is kinda complex. i tot ive read and know what is throttle curve, pitch curve, etc n im good to go. i guess im still miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlaCk3Rx View Post
                                Murdanny, thanks met a couple of nice soul with no ulterior motives. :3
                                Thinking to stay with FP for awhile more as CP is kinda complex. i tot ive read and know what is throttle curve, pitch curve, etc n im good to go. i guess im still miles away.
                                Once you know how to set governor mode and play with collective pitch. You will dump that FP in no time!!! That was me many many years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X