Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEWARE! Guruhobby.com

Its another scam shop! Always nice to see prices so low/ free shipping! They are getting innovative by including PAYPAL in payment methods to fool newbies!
    The paypal payment is done to an Gmail account and not to the shop. So its like transfering monies to an unknown! Damn authorities should do something.

Thanks for the info. Can you list out the gmail PayPal account too?

Comment

So what's the scam about?
      Using gmail as PayPal account is not scam as many small shops are doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
        Thanks for the info. Can you list out the gmail PayPal account too?
        this is the email address: verastimah@gmail.com
        after i submitted my dummy order, an automated email was sent to me requesting payment to this gmail account.

Originally posted by raidor88 View Post
        So what's the scam about?
        Using gmail as PayPal account is not scam as many small shops are doing the same.
        Yup, using gmail for paypal is not a scam, I use it too!

However, these are what set off my alarm bells:
        1) plagiarism of other ORIGINAL websites' images and product description
        2) 40% - 50% discount on most items listed
        3) no spare parts sold (only wants to cash in on big ticket items)
        4) free worldwide shipping for all items including heavy 28kg Losi 5T (any other legit retailers would have charged US$100 - $150 minimum)
        5) they respond to all queries before payment is made. After money is transferred, they become MIA.

this is more of a public service announcement. i'm hoping that other community members can spread the word to prevent fellow hobbyists from getting scammed.

I've posted on DaddyHobby and RC Tech forums so if you guys are members of other websites around the world, please help to get the word around.

Cheers!

Comment

Found some info on this web.
          Your suspicion is quite spot on

Domain Age: 83 Days
          Website Speed: Slow

Owner: Nurita Kusumawardani
          Owner Address: Jl. Ancol Selatan II
          Owner City: Jakarta Utara
          Owner Postcode: 20132
          Phone Number: +62.6281298456498 Indonesia
          Phone Type: geographic :Kabanjahe
          Email: United States Related to 3 sites

Owner Country : Indonesia Indonesia
          Website Location : United States United States

Originally posted by Speedy D View Post
          this is the email address: verastimah@gmail.com
          after i submitted my dummy order, an automated email was sent to me requesting payment to this gmail account.

Yup, using gmail for paypal is not a scam, I use it too!

However, these are what set off my alarm bells:
          1) plagiarism of other ORIGINAL websites' images and product description
          2) 40% - 50% discount on most items listed
          3) no spare parts sold (only wants to cash in on big ticket items)
          4) free worldwide shipping for all items including heavy 28kg Losi 5T (any other legit retailers would have charged US$100 - $150 minimum)
          5) they respond to all queries before payment is made. After money is transferred, they become MIA.

this is more of a public service announcement. i'm hoping that other community members can spread the word to prevent fellow hobbyists from getting scammed.

I've posted on DaddyHobby and RC Tech forums so if you guys are members of other websites around the world, please help to get the word around.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X