Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using RC Lipos for e bicycle / skate

Hi,

Anyone here replaces lipo batteries for their electric bicycles or e skate or scooter?

The major ones are 48v and 36v stock stock lithium packs for electric bicycles and 24v for skaters.

By far I am aware is someone using 2 x 6s 8000 mah lipo on 25-50c in series for 48v. or 5s 5000 mah lipo for 36v.

Any performance change? Duration boost? Cost savings? Space savings? connector used? etc thanks!

No one? Guess I will be the first to try and review on that....

Comment

hi ebpwu
      I use xt-60 and converted lead acid battery to lipo.
      lipo use many brands (dualsky, turnigy, nano tech, polyquest, A123 etc) no speed improvement but up slope does have consistance power.
      3300 or 2200mah 3sx2 pack was use. travel distance >2.5km on 5.5inch tyre scooter.
      faster in charging for lipo compare to lead acid battery.
      save space in battery compartment and reduce laden weight.
      I use lipo pack which lost their C's output in flight and convert to ground use scooter (Save the earth-go green).

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
        hi ebpwu
        I use xt-60 and converted lead acid battery to lipo.
        lipo use many brands (dualsky, turnigy, nano tech, polyquest, A123 etc) no speed improvement but up slope does have consistance power.
        3300 or 2200mah 3sx2 pack was use. travel distance >2.5km on 5.5inch tyre scooter.
        faster in charging for lipo compare to lead acid battery.
        save space in battery compartment and reduce laden weight.
        I use lipo pack which lost their C's output in flight and convert to ground use scooter (Save the earth-go green).
        Hi Zennith,
        Cool! Lead acid battery is heavy and slow to charge. I suppose you use a parallel wiring for both of your 3s battery?

Comment

hi Ebpwu
          I use series connection as scooter uses 24V (3300/2200 20-30C x2).
          Put a Buzzer for the low voltage at balancer.
          I carry extra in my pouch for spares. easy and light.

Comment

Working...
          X