Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-flite UMX Radian Powered Glider - The Baby Radian

Hey guys!

I finally got to put together an unboxing, maiden flight, and flight review video for the UMX Radian RC power glider. I hope those of you that have not purchased this plane yet will benefit from this:

Here are my Unboxing, Maiden and Review Notes:

Cons:
    - Fragile
    - Not easily transportable like previous UMX planes
    - Brushed motor

Pros
    - Handles stiff and swirling winds pretty well
    - Good slow speed handling
    - Performs loops well
    - Good flight times
    - Fun

Sweet review! Also have to add that having the small folding props is a nice touch! Makes me want to own a small glider like this for indoor & outdoor moments!

But just why would they still use the 'old school' brush motor?

Btw, the black tapes are probably spare tapes for taping the fuseleage or used as wing stickers for orientations during flight.

Comment

Originally posted by ebpwu View Post
      Sweet review! Also have to add that having the small folding props is a nice touch! Makes me want to own a small glider like this for indoor & outdoor moments!

But just why would they still use the 'old school' brush motor?

Btw, the black tapes are probably spare tapes for taping the fuseleage or used as wing stickers for orientations during flight.
      Thank you and I agree with everything you posted. I have no idea why they did the old school brushed motor and use it on my power reliant planes, but they did and it is still a fun little plane in spite of that.

I appreciate you mentioning that. Orientation strips makes perfect sense. I took it up about 300 feet last night at dusk on a cloudy night and I can see how those might come in handy. For its size I could still see it really well, but hitting a thermal at that height might make things a bit more interesting lol

Comment

Here is a look at a "Flight and Glide" from 200 Feet in the air with this little glider since my first video didn't show much of any glide lol

Comment

I made another "Flight and glide" video, but this time it was from a height of about 350 feet instead of only 200. This video also includes some nice wide angle looks at this plane in the air:

Comment

This video below centers around me nearly losing my UMX Radian last night on a bright and sunny evening. While it was missing from my sight for what seemed like forever, in that helpless span of time I decided I needed to ensure this wasn't going to happen again with my next plane since this one was likely gone forever.

Thankfully, I was able to regain sight with it after spinning circles for a bit. What you will find in this video are a few ideas I applied literally to the surfaces of this RC Plane.

PV: I know some of you have tons more experience doing this than me, so if this is child's play compared to what you do, please feel free to share your expertise

Comment

I know the feeling bro. I was LOS-ing my Radian pro and specked out to a small dot in the sky. Im not really flying it at this point in time if you know what I mean, I was just holding the sticks and made sure it was level (not diving) as I barely could make out what was the head or the tail of the Radian Pro. I know that I shouldnt, but I looked at my watch to tell the time. Needless to say, I had a hard time finding the Radian Pro after that. Panicked as my eyes scanned the whole sky and under the clouds. It was a good 15-30secs of pure terror!

Breathed a sigh of relief as I spotted a small dot that looked slightly out of place. Wriggled my controls and........it responded! Phew!
              Hanger
              Hirobo XRB SR Lama
              Hirobo Quark SRB
              Hirobo Quark SRB SG
              Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
              Blade450 3D
              MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
              COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
              Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
              FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
              Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
              HK FLYJET EDF
              Artech Skyfun
              Dynam P51D Mustang
              Parkzone P51

Tx:
              Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
              Spektrum DX6i
              DX8
              Futaba 9CAP

Comment

I am so glad that your story had a happy ending too!

Comment

A small white foam plane is not easy to spot in the sky. The next drastic step down the road would probably be to strip out the decals and re-spray or paint bright striking orientation colours like orange on top and black/white below. You can choose another colour for wingtip. Can't go wrong but it may hurt initially to see your plane undergo 'surgery'

Comment

Originally posted by ebpwu View Post
                    A small white foam plane is not easy to spot in the sky. The next drastic step down the road would probably be to strip out the decals and re-spray or paint bright striking orientation colours like orange on top and black/white below. You can choose another colour for wingtip. Can't go wrong but it may hurt initially to see your plane undergo 'surgery'
                    lol so true and if/when I need to replace the main wing, I will certainly do that. It would probably help my camera woman spot it in the sky easier too!

This is the highest I have taken my UMX Radian on video (I am guessing at least 500 plus feet) and I decided to keep the video shown below pretty raw. It includes some pretty funny parts that show the interaction between my camera woman and myself:

Comment

Let me try that again!

I wish we could edit our posts on here if even for five minutes after we make a post lol

Comment

This is the first "Flight and glide" video I have made post-crash with my Ultra Micro Radian onto my neighbor's roof. The cause is unknown, but after I crashed my UMX Pitts on video the cause seemed similar. I put fresh batteries in my DX6i and I haven't had a problem since with any of my planes.

Comment

This is the updated version of my "Visibility Enhancements" video I made back in May shortly after this E-flite UMX Radian RC Glider came out. The changes I have made since then was to use all of the black strips that came with this plane and add green and orange Sharpie ink to this plane. The key for the best result on this foam is to use the liquid Sharpie ink and NOT the traditional style marker. The green didn't turn out as well as it could have as a result of previous attempts with the traditional style Sharpie.

Comment

This is better

Comment

The bugs in this video blew my mind! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X