Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on the level of mismatch of the individual cells.Its designed to handle 350mah and under most circumstances it is more than enough.However, a gross mismatch and high capacity cells may cause problems.That's why if there is a vast diff. in voltage between cells , it activates a circuit which prevents charging.
    They then recommend trickle charging to bring the battery back to balance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I was not referring to balancing current. This balancer is set inbetween the charger and battery. Assuming the battery is 4000mah, can it handle a charging current of 3.5 to 4 amps?

Comment

James, I have tested it on a 2Amps 3S1P lipoly pack before. It goes well with it.

According to the specs from the manufacturer, the charge control current is 6Amps (0.0065 OHM). I would check with the manufacturer to confirm about this and provide the info here.
        I have seen them all.

A mediocre r/c pilot who thinks that he is one top gun.

A nerd looking and sick flyer who thinks that he is a great modeller.

Greed that made a friend became a competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by muah
          hi suxbux......which balancer you are using?

similarity yes.....basic functions of active balancer are the same.....

differences yes......for the TP205....it DOES NOT stop charging when cells do go above 4.3volts....instead it is beep-beep-beep-beep......unless you plug it into a TP charger.......again i would like to emphasis....it DOES NOT stop charging if cells are over-charged....

another difference......at cells voltage greater than 4.1volts, you do not need a charger to activate the balancer...it 'self-balances'....obviously for big packs...it will take a long long long time to discharge.....

so the question....which to get.......well the choice is yours, hopefully someone with Mack's balancer can write a more detail review of mack's balancer, the only reason i decided to go with tht TP is there are a lot of info on EZONE.....as compare to the scant details of Mack's.....no offense to Mack.....i just didn't felt good just asking the supplier about his product, rather like a more rounded view of things.....so there you have it...hope i didn't make things more confusing.... =)

obviously....with a TP205 now....i have a choice to get a TP charger in the future!!!

oh to further add to the equation......Astro just came out with their own version of lipo balancer....mmmm....at almost half the price of a Tp205.....maybe it will arrive on this side of the ocean at Rotor hobby.....and someone can pick it up and share his/her hands-on view on the balancer....
          Sorry Sam, I had too many things to do nowadays and was unable to provide more information earlier.

Suzanne balancer has its advantages too. It is good for many cells configuration (series and parallel) packs.

Have a fun flying weekend!
          mack
          I have seen them all.

Comment

thanks Mack......

btw.....got one NIB TP205 balancer for sale at SGD$100.....see [Market Place]

thanks

Comment

I think I've found the manufacturer of the TP balancer.Its a Korean company and they recommend use with their chargers for current control during balancing.You'll also have digital voltage readouts for each individual cell.
              One us distributor is selling the balancers for us39/-.

Comment

USD$39!!!!!! argh!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry that I forgot about confirming the current that the balancer guard could take.

The manufacturer confirmed that the charge control current is
                  6Amps.
                  I have seen them all.

Comment

Working...
                  X