Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can polyquest balancer be used for the TP prolite and other lipo batts. Any kind advise.

Comment

nobody actually use Mack's balancer, hmmm everyone does own lipos right.

Comment

I'm using mack's balancer, together with his Etecs. So far no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
          I'm using mack's balancer, together with his Etecs. So far no problem.

so your etecs come with the required connectors. how abou t the balancer, does it come with 2s and 3s connectors or have to get separate. i also have some Thunder Power packs but the connectors are different, wonder if it can be used on the balancer.

Comment

The 3S I bought came with the balancer connector. The balancer comes with adaptor for 2S and 3S. The default connector is for 4S.

You can get the connectors from mack/george and wire them to your TP if you want. They do sell the connectors that fit their balancer.

Comment

hi everyone,
              the TP205 balancer finally arrived! check out the photos....it has a very small footprint. after reading about the silkscreening coming off, i heat-shrunk a clear heat-shrink tube over it to hopefully keep the letters intact.

as you can see from the picture, i had to make an adapter so that i can check my PQ packs.

the operation of the balancer is very easy. plug it in...wait few seconds, the led will indicate how many cells....led goes off....and will come on only if the packs are out of tolerance. it will then discharge the cell with higher voltage to the lower cell's voltage. from the pictures, cell1 and cell2 is discharging. i did measure the pack before hand and they were showing the following voltages.

C1 = 4.17v
              C2 = 4.15v
              C3 = 4.16v

if the packs individual cells are more than 4.1 volts, the balancer will self-balance without a charger by 'bleeding' off via the balancer itself.
              it took about 5-10 minutes or so, and all the leds were off, indicating balancing done. measured the pack....

C1 = 4.15v
              C2 = 4.15v
              C3 = 4.15v

note....i am using a cheapo voltmeter, so the readings may not be accurate....or should i say more precise than the balancer supposed specs.

well there you have it....the TP205 balancer.....incidentally....TPs cell i had didn't need any balancing.... =(

note : the balancer will not stop a charge if it sees unbalance if you are using any other charger other than TP's own chargers........ also it is not like the Polyquest guard....it will beep if any of the cells are over-charged but it will not halt the charge!!!!! again the only way that can happen is if you use the TP205 with TP's own charger.......that is what the port on the opposite side of the balancer is for....it allows an electrical connection between the TP balancer and the TP chargers.

Comment

erm... may i know tp is wat brand?

Comment

Originally posted by mugenrsg
                  erm... may i know tp is wat brand?
                  thunder power
                  Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
                  Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
                  Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Originally posted by sspp
                    thunder power
                    how much is the tp balancer? Where got sell..?

Comment

Originally posted by mugenrsg
                      how much is the tp balancer? Where got sell..?
                      sorry, ask them. i only know Waigo in HKG have
                      Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
                      Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
                      Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Well, I had a relook at Mack's balancer and there are similarities.The Valeur balancer starts balancing when it senses an imbalance at 3+ volts like the TP balancer.
                        It warns and stops charging if a cell is above 4.35v and if imbalance is between cells is greater than .5v (actual threshold V is to be determined).

I have a strong feeling they share the same processor and work in a similar fashion i.e by early detection and shunting.It also recommends a 300mah slo charge if cells are grossly imbalanced.
                        The only extra the TP has is a feedback to their proprietary charger.
                        For all we know,they might be from the same manufacturer or copied!

Well, at usd$59/-, you can't expect a dedicated individual cell charger like what was originally planned by Charlie.Still the old trusted method.

Both balancers (macks and TP) are however better than the suzanne's balancers as balancing starts earlier.

Comment

hi suxbux......which balancer you are using?

similarity yes.....basic functions of active balancer are the same.....

differences yes......for the TP205....it DOES NOT stop charging when cells do go above 4.3volts....instead it is beep-beep-beep-beep......unless you plug it into a TP charger.......again i would like to emphasis....it DOES NOT stop charging if cells are over-charged....

another difference......at cells voltage greater than 4.1volts, you do not need a charger to activate the balancer...it 'self-balances'....obviously for big packs...it will take a long long long time to discharge.....

so the question....which to get.......well the choice is yours, hopefully someone with Mack's balancer can write a more detail review of mack's balancer, the only reason i decided to go with tht TP is there are a lot of info on EZONE.....as compare to the scant details of Mack's.....no offense to Mack.....i just didn't felt good just asking the supplier about his product, rather like a more rounded view of things.....so there you have it...hope i didn't make things more confusing.... =)

obviously....with a TP205 now....i have a choice to get a TP charger in the future!!!

oh to further add to the equation......Astro just came out with their own version of lipo balancer....mmmm....at almost half the price of a Tp205.....maybe it will arrive on this side of the ocean at Rotor hobby.....and someone can pick it up and share his/her hands-on view on the balancer....

Comment

sorry suxbux.......i re-read the thread and i believe you are using Mack's balancer.... =)

Comment

Thanks for the info.I went thru' the info available for the TP and it said a stop charge activation at 4.35v - didn't expect it to be linked to the charger only which is strange.
                              You can use Mack's balancer without the charger to balance your packs too,I do that to stabilize my packs occasionally.Same goes for the other balancers.Its a passive function.
                              Only difference for them is the threshold voltage.

Cell balancing was not a problem in the old days as cells were factory matched.Today its a problem as the manufacturers have passed the buck to us.

Comment

Any idea the max amps Mack balancer can handle?

Comment

Working...
                                X