Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying in the beaches of Bintan - Has anyone tried?uad

I'm heading off to Bintan soon. I am thinking of bringing my quad and fly over the beaches for some nice aerial shots. Has anyone done this there? Any possible concerns?

I going bintan nxt mnth. Thinking of flying there too.. tell me nxt how it go...

Comment

The trip went well. However, I woke up a tad late, ending up rushing and being baked in the sun. This was my first time to fly with almost entire packs over water, so I was a nervous wreck. The high tide didn't help, I expected at least some good amount of sandy beach to do my usual fast and low flights and banks, but I quickly realize that banking low over water is quite disconcerting (perhaps for a noob like me). The reflection can cause confusion with my judgment of the quad's altitude, so I just kept it higher and slower, and I didn't have much shoreline to play anyway. By the time the tide went down sometime after lunch, I had all my stuff packed and was waiting for the shuttle. Maybe next time. It was a good learning experience though.

I don't use any HD recorder, so here's a collection of video link clips. You will see it as I saw it.

This was on an ADS-400Q frame with the Acro Naze32 (Baseflight) FC on 5.8G and 3300mAh 4S lipos. Flown in all manual/rate mode.

Comment

That was sweet.... can't wait to fly there! Btw, any restriction over as well going there? Thank for the upload bro... ur the best.

Comment

Originally posted by nakape View Post
          That was sweet.... can't wait to fly there! Btw, any restriction over as well going there? Thank for the upload bro... ur the best.
          No issue at all, bro. I initially thought the resort security would not allow me to fly, but they just watched.

Comment

If want to be safe just a suggestion, get written permission from the resort management. At least you have something to show when the beach patrol approach you. Also, get in touch with an insurance agent to ask for a customised coverage package for the duration of the trip to cover RC activities as well. Just saying....
            Hanger
            Hirobo XRB SR Lama
            Hirobo Quark SRB
            Hirobo Quark SRB SG
            Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
            Blade450 3D
            MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
            COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
            Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
            FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
            Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
            HK FLYJET EDF
            Artech Skyfun
            Dynam P51D Mustang
            Parkzone P51

Tx:
            Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
            Spektrum DX6i
            DX8
            Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Ah..... how to get that insurance thing? Written permission will be no problem i guess.. can just go n ask.

Comment

Ah..... how to get that insurance thing? Written permission will be no problem i guess.. can just go n ask.
                I'm sure your friendly insurance agent will be very glad to assist you...
                Hanger
                Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                Hirobo Quark SRB
                Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
                Blade450 3D
                MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
                COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
                Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                Artech F14 Tomcat EDF