Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The response to this thread has been overwhelming. I like to thank all brothers who have contributed their views, technical expertise, and advice, including the silent majority.

To the brother who asked for more detail of the case, my original post is already in detail. It is as close as what has actually transpired. What is required is for the other party to come out and give his perspective of the incident.

To the brother who said he has never been able to get up to 4.2v for all his lipos, and he has many years of experience with them, I'm truly surprised! All my lipos reach 4.2v when fully charged, and some even 4.22v. The charger I use is a Bantam e-STATION BC6DX. In fact, looking at pg 9 of the Operating Instructions for this charger, under the heading Litium battery(Lilo/Lipo/Life)program, it is clearly pointed out that a lipo's final charged voltage is 4.2v. Off course a modeller can always choose to charge to a lower voltage such as 4.1v, get a lower capacity but enjoy a longer life for his pack, as one brother rightly pointed out. You pay your money, you make your choice.

Technical issues aside, what maked me decide to write to this Forum is because Moh has gone overboard: A valid problem brought up politely by a customer is treated rudely, even to the extend of banning me from his Shop (see my original post). Does the last point matter to me? Sure it does, for I've lost a good source of RC supplies. Does the loss of a customer matter to JH? Not at all, JH will continue to thrive, with or without my patronage. But I've my dignity, and I choose to keep it.

To those brothers who don't trust my words, there are numerous CCTV installed at the JH premises. Request a viewing and see if Mr Moh allows.

Comment

Originally posted by Faheem View Post
      By what i mean is,i can nvr get 4.2v per cell.my charger is set at 4.2 but when charging is finished,you plug it out and left for some time,you check with a battery checker it will nvr show 4.2.maybe my charger or cell checker or battery sucks haha bohooo
      The voltage of a Lipo will drop when the charging stop. It will continue to drop slowly but surely except that a good Lipo will drop much slower than a not so good Lipo. Do not expect the Lipo to maintain at 4.2V after the charging stop. The key point is the Lipo must be able to reach 4.2V during charging otherwise it is a bad Lipo.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyq View Post
        The response to this thread has been overwhelming. I like to thank all brothers who have contributed their views, technical expertise, and advice, including the silent majority.

To the brother who asked for more detail of the case, my original post is already in detail. It is as close as what has actually transpired. What is required is for the other party to come out and give his perspective of the incident.

To the brother who said he has never been able to get up to 4.2v for all his lipos, and he has many years of experience with them, I'm truly surprised! All my lipos reach 4.2v when fully charged, and some even 4.22v. The charger I use is a Bantam e-STATION BC6DX. In fact, looking at pg 9 of the Operating Instructions for this charger, under the heading Litium battery(Lilo/Lipo/Life)program, it is clearly pointed out that a lipo's final charged voltage is 4.2v. Off course a modeller can always choose to charge to a lower voltage such as 4.1v, get a lower capacity but enjoy a longer life for his pack, as one brother rightly pointed out. You pay your money, you make your choice.

Technical issues aside, what maked me decide to write to this Forum is because Moh has gone overboard: A valid problem brought up politely by a customer is treated rudely, even to the extend of banning me from his Shop (see my original post). Does the last point matter to me? Sure it does, for I've lost a good source of RC supplies. Does the loss of a customer matter to JH? Not at all, JH will continue to thrive, with or without my patronage. But I've my dignity, and I choose to keep it.

To those brothers who don't trust my words, there are numerous CCTV installed at the JH premises. Request a viewing and see if Mr Moh allows.
        Jimmy, thanks for the explanation. At least you explained it in a sincere manner.

Sorry for being rude to the people who are rude here. I just cannot stand certain people act like old birds, talk as they know everything and others know nothing. Defence the shop blindly without raising a single creditable point yet challenge others' credibility and knowledge. Making comments such as "How long have you been in this hobby?", "I have been in this hobby since 1984...". Lipo batteries were certainly not used in RC in 80s and 90s. So what if you are in the hobby since 1984? Who care? This thread is related to Lipo. Show us your knowledge in Lipo since you are in the hobby for umpteen years, come on. They can be rude to people but people cannot be rude to them.

I wish we can have a more meaningful discussion here.
        Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Some old birds dont think with thier head straight. They are above all rc fellows. No suprise some newbies walk away from this forums and even on the field far away from old birds. Experience can be gain time after time no need old bird advice it just make matter worst to get thier opinion. Just like this lipo subject. Double check its 2013. Not 1983. So wake up old birds and try to go lower for once.

Comment

haaahaaaa.....

That's just explain y I do not like to post in discussion...
            Many old birds in this forum... and they like saying that they are very long in rc world and sound so experience in everything.

What a joke that a brand new cell from a shop can not be charged to 4.2v!!
            The old birds here are too old to know the differences in charge and hold of volts..

Anyway, I have been to jethobby many times and I can say that they do not have very good customer services at all..
            Only a malay lady working in there... the rest are dreaming or walking zombies.
            I think they shall just close and sell bicycles.
            I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by hallobaby View Post
              haaahaaaa.....

That's just explain y I do not like to post in discussion...
              Many old birds in this forum... and they like saying that they are very long in rc world and sound so experience in everything.

What a joke that a brand new cell from a shop can not be charged to 4.2v!!
              The old birds here are too old to know the differences in charge and hold of volts..

Anyway, I have been to jethobby many times and I can say that they do not have very good customer services at all..
              Only a malay lady working in there... the rest are dreaming or walking zombies.
              I think they shall just close and sell bicycles.
              +1. Bro, you really speak out my feeling of old birds and JH customer service. Thank you so much.

Comment

@myrctoys, hallobaby & laughingbro.

You guys no big no small. You better show some respect to the old birds. Understand?
                How long you guys hv been in this hobby? hahahahaha.........i like you guys..

Comment

Oh dear what his this thread degenerated into. Anyway I dropped by Jet today and heard their side of the story. To keep a long story short the boss did not want to lengthen the issue and decided to give his customer a refund. They didn't expect the story to be brought up after that..
                  Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

dt2133, no apology needed. In fact, I salute you for having the courage to stand up for what is right!
                    hallobaby/ myrctoys/ laughingbro, thanks for daring to speak the truth!

Comment

你们这班家伙,不听老鸟言吃亏在眼前。人家是老鸟喔。

Comment

Originally posted by kiply View Post
                        Oh dear what his this thread degenerated into. Anyway I dropped by Jet today and heard their side of the story. To keep a long story short the boss did not want to lengthen the issue and decided to give his customer a refund. They didn't expect the story to be brought up after that..
                        See this sentence "Oh dear what this thread degenerate into". Nah, this is typical old bird stance.

Anyway, kiply, your post lack details and sincerity. You should learn from Jimmy, at least he gave much much much more detailed account of the incident and I can see his sincerity in his posts. And you, the so called "old birds", only know how to talk like you know it all. You can question people, but when we question you back, we are labelled rude. And now, from your narrow view, this thread has been "degenerated". It was you old birds that degenerated this thread if it does. We could have a very meaningful discussion here if not because you few old birds.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyq View Post
                          dt2133, no apology needed. In fact, I salute you for having the courage to stand up for what is right!
                          hallobaby/ myrctoys/ laughingbro, thanks for daring to speak the truth!
                          You are welcome. I learnt something from this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
                            See this sentence "Oh dear what this thread degenerate into". Nah, this is typical old bird stance.

Anyway, kiply, your post lack details and sincerity. You should learn from Jimmy, at least he gave much much much more detailed account of the incident and I can see his sincerity in his posts. And you, the so called "old birds", only know how to talk like you know it all. You can question people, but when we question you back, we are labelled rude. And now, from your narrow view, this thread has been "degenerated". It was you old birds that degenerated this thread if it does. We could have a very meaningful discussion here if not because you few old birds.
                            There is no need to make such insinuations mate, the original issue was about poor service, why do you have to bring old birds vs new birds argument. I think what you have only achieved is to make yourself look like a troublemaker
                            Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

There is no need to make such insinuations mate, the original issue was about poor service, why do you have to bring old birds vs new birds argument. I think what you have only achieved is to make yourself look like a troublemaker

Comment

Mr Kiply Sir,

May I humbly suggest that you stay out of this thread sir, because this thead has been degenerated as declared by......let me see...oh.dear...it was you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X