This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
    Hmm, you in this hobby for many years (since 2005?) and your experience with a shop is good. Therefore all of us must "experience" the same way you have. If we have bad experience with that shop, likely we were in the wrong. LOL. I didn't know one has to be long in this hobby to comments in this forum. Oops....I must say I'm not qualified to comment as I'm short in this hobby. But I wonder what is the definition of long.There are people who progress so fast in just few months, there are also people who are in this hobby for many years but know little. One doesn't need to be long in this hobby to know that he is being treated badly in a shop.

By the way, a shop will treat each category of customers differently. If you are the Cat A customer I'm sure you will not get any nasty remarks from the shop ever, and easily get a full fund when you complain as they want your future business, even if you were in the wrong. If you are Cat D customer, just too bad.
    It is not like that at all...I did not mean to be like the way you put it....Just that I have known Mr Moh for a long time...and have never been treated like that...I am not a category A or B in that shop either. I don't spend thousands of dollars there.
    You are right, sometimes skills or attitude doesn't tally with the no of years you are in the hobby. However, I am really curious about the whole incident. Especially when the incident involves lying and denying. If it is really true, it may affect our future dealings with the shop. We are a small community, ok. If somethings needs fixing, we have to do it ourselves but you have to come out truthfully.
    Go back in one piece to fly another day.
    Having fun yet?
    36.39mhz
    40.77mhz

Comment

Actually I have been in this hobby since 1984 and been in this world since 1964. DT2133, we are all in this hobby together, no need to be rude or condescending.
      Hey Kipli, doing fine and still loving warbirds and biplanes. How are you?
      Having fun yet?
      36.39mhz
      40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
        Actually I have been in this hobby since 1984 and been in this world since 1964. DT2133, we are all in this hobby together, no need to be rude or condescending.
        Hey Kipli, doing fine and still loving warbirds and biplanes. How are you?
        Most well-said.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Wow, does that mean my charger is lying. My PL8 always stops at 4.2v, if it stays at 4.16 it will never consider full charge and will never stops. All my batts can be charged to 4.2v.
          Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
            Yeah right! I'm rude and you are nice. The shop owner is your friend so cannot be wrong. The buyer was in the wrong as implied by you. Case closed. Happy?
            Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

I can charge my lipos all the way to 4.2V as well but on my PL6 I'm quite happy to charge it to 4.1V per cell for longevity reasons... actually just kiasu la. But apparently some set their revo chargers to that little bit more than 4.2V to "win the race"... So I'm kiasu and uncompetitive

There are a few factors that allow lipos to charge all the way to 4.2V or even more but that's probably another thread.

Btw, it's quite unlikely your PL8 is lying as I think I remember somewhere on their website saying the voltage readings were calibrated or something along those lines (I think to NIST standards). Otherwise I wouldn't have bought mine. Any other charger out there that claims conformance to some standard and I probably wouldn't mind buying to try. So far its hard to find or beyond my budget :p

I was just thinking if I were Moh, I'd just say "ok well looks like some people say that my service sucks at time and it's time to make a conscious effort to improve - let's look at the cctv footage to dissect the happenings." If not available then just become self-inspector for the day: install more mirrors to check facial expressions and wear voice amplifier to check tone of voice. If practice enough can become DJ or VJ and start own station.

The absolute opposite would be "Those lousy ingrates! F*** 'em all! Who cares!". Thankfully we're intelligent and cultured gents so I don't foresee this regrettable outcome. lol

Granted things like customer service neither stay good or bad forever... just needs some effort to swing it in the right direction. Will probably return to JH if in the area, but for now the stock of lipos in my eyes are in question... That's a product quality issue and maybe JH can give their customers the 'all clear' message when they've dealt with it. IMHO give it some time.

Comment

Cikgu, no point talking here… we go enjoy flying better !! what I can say is " stupid can teach, stubborn no cure" !!
                Enjoy our Hobby …
                [B][I]Tx[/I][/B]: [B]Futaba 10CHP on 2.4G,29&35Mhz[/B]
                ------------------------------
                [B][I]Heli on service[/I]:[/B]
                Trex700N[B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
                TT X50[B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
                MSH Protos [B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
                HK480pro [B][COLOR="Orange"](Tarot ZYX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Ok guys gonna sign out from this thread and allow things to settle and make way for improvements. Cheers

p.s. Ah liang and other guys I hope to catch up with you again at Punggol - I was the person with my 450 clone admiring your trex (600?) wearing the logo helmet before it... . That's quite a while ago so I hope it's back up in the air

Comment

Yeah right! Let me add.
                    "Smart Alex can change, pure idiot is a gone case".
                    Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
                      Wow, does that mean my charger is lying. My PL8 always stops at 4.2v, if it stays at 4.16 it will never consider full charge and will never stops. All my batts can be charged to 4.2v.
                      As far as I know, the default full charged voltage is set at 4.2V for most chargers. But some chargers allow users to change the value within a certain limit. So you can set it to 4.15V for example. There are people who believe that by setting a lower full charge voltage, the Lipo will last longer.

During the initial charging process, the charger will use the constant current to charge the Lipo (this is the charging current which the user set). Once the Lipo voltage reaches the preset full charge voltage (as mentioned above), the charging will continue but the charging method will be changed to constant voltage. The charging process will stop when the charging current reaches a preset low value.

Two points.

#1. If your charger allow you to change the full charge voltage value (say you change it to 4.15V), you will still be able to charge your Lipo fully (almost). Some people believe this will allow the Lipo to last much longer (double).

#2. Somebody mentioned in this thread he never charge the battery to 4.2V, he usually charge it to only 4.15V to 4.17V. His Lipo is capable of charging to 4.2V but he set the charger to charge it to lower value. This is okay. But if a Lipo cannot be charged to 4.2V at all, it simply means the Lipo is bad or defective. All Lipo batteries (cheap or expensive) must be capable to reach 4.2V even if you do not want to charge it to 4.2V.

Comment

By what i mean is,i can nvr get 4.2v per cell.my charger is set at 4.2 but when charging is finished,you plug it out and left for some time,you check with a battery checker it will nvr show 4.2.maybe my charger or cell checker or battery sucks haha bohooo
                        Hangar
                        -Extreme Flight 88" Edge 540T
                        -Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300
                        -Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 exp
                        -3D Hobby Shop Extra 72" Extra 330SC
                        -Extreme Flight 64" MXS exp
                        -Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 exp
                        -Extreme Flight 48" MXS exp
                        -Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 exp

Comment

Thats normal!
                          Too many helis!

Comment

All metering equipment needs calibration. Doesn't mean cheap stuff are bad and expensive ones are good. U just need to know how to use it. GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by vinc77 View Post
                              Cikgu, no point talking here… we go enjoy flying better !! what I can say is " stupid can teach, stubborn no cure" !!
                              Enjoy our Hobby …
                              I support this statement most.

So let those reading make their own choice. But I hope all choose to fly and enjoy the hobby. Signing out from this thread

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                              BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

I have heard about the revo chargers, maybe will try it out once my current charger dies on me or I find a real need to get one. Thanks for the info Ah Liang. Honestly. It must be said that my charger can reach beyond the 4.2 volts during the charging process but it somehow settles at a lower voltage after the balancing process.
                                Having fun yet?
                                36.39mhz
                                40.77mhz

Comment

Working...
                                X