Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never gotten by lipos to stay fully charged at 4.20 V before. But then again I've only Voltrons and Turnigy batts only. Oh... I laso tried DIY batts which I got from SLS and those are worse where it only stays at 3.9X V. So, if I'm getting to stay at 4.1X V, I already quite happy.

The owner seems a bit unfriendly to me. But once I had to talk to him regarding a bent prop adapter that came with the T-motor I bought. It was weeks after the pruchase before I installed and realised the bent shaft upon testing. So I went back to him and after inspecting the shaft, he gave me a replacement. He was not all smiles but he did not make a fuss with the replacement either. It did not matter to me cos I got what I wanted.

The malay lady is something else. Super generous when it comes to help. Never ask also, she will offer an advise or 2. Thumbs up for her!

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

I came to know JH since the day when they were at Fook Hai. I bought planes, kits, parts, accessories. .never had a bad experience. I had a few Voltron batteries too, some of them are bad, others are still working. The same with other LIPO batteries from China.

A friend of mine had problem with a new plane. We took it back and Mok replaced the ESC for him.

LHS are facing competition not from local, but online store. The problem is further compounded by the high operating cost in SG. Some Chinese suppliers are not consistent in their quality, you get a bad batch if you are unlucky. Try to get refund, GOOD LUCK!

Comment

I think the discussion here drift a bit far from 1st post and the original intention of the thread starter.
        The thread starter was just trying to share his recent experience of buying the Voltron battery from JH and the treatment he got from the shop owner after knowing the batteries he bought were indeed bad. His intention was to let all of us know about the incident so that we can be wiser when we buy batteries from the same shop.

Every shop, good or bad, will have happy and unhappy customers. That is beside the point here, we are talking about the most recent incident and about Lipo batteries. I find it interesting to note that some people talk about their experience some years back with JH and experience of buying Tx & ESC. The main discussion should be about batteries and how the shop handle the issue when it was confirmed (by the shop) that the batteries sold were bad.

On the technical side, it was clearly stated by Jimmy that the batteries could not be charged to 4.2V. He did not say the battery cannot hold charge at 4.2V (after charge). His point was that if a Lipo cannot charge to reach 4.2V per cell (during charging), you will never be able to fully charge the Lipo. It is like you buy a 2250mAh battery but it behave like a 1500mAh one. Please note the difference between voltage during charging and voltage after charging (i.e. holding voltage). There are not the same. Someone claimed that all Lipo batteries will not hold charge at 4.2V. Please don't confuse others. The problem that Jimmy had was not a hold voltage problem, it was a charging voltage issue which lead to insufficient charging.

The facts are:

1. The Lipo batteries Jimmy bought at the shop were bad, i.e. cannot be fully charged. The shop tested the batteries and confirmed that.

2. The shop then instead of offer Jimmy a full refund, chose to make those nasty remarks.

So, what has this incident got to do with Tx, ESC, motor, plane, lady staff, etc? You mean if a shop sell good Tx, ESC, motor and planes, has a good lady staff and good customer service some years ago, it is okay to sell bad batteries and make nasty remarks now? What's happening?

Now, it will be good if someone can share their recent Lipo buying experience with the same shop. That would be more relevant and informative.
        Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

I have used the voltron, turnigy, and zippy, and some other not-so-branded lipos. I rarely balance charge them, because for 2S and 3S, seems not really necessary especially for these cheaper lipos. But whether balance charge or not, usually end up with 4.17-4.19 per cell - which should be fine for general usage.

Lipo lifetimes are okay and so far no bloating after just a few cycles.

As for the voltage per cell, I think some chargers are also not very, very accurate up to 2nd decimal place. There's even one brand that has instructions to "trim" the voltage and check for accuracy against a voltmeter - might be a good idea?

Maybe if someone has a "branded" charger and "branded" lipo, can confirm if better accuracy and quality will mean the voltages end up exactly 4.20V per cell?
          ------------------------------
          Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
          NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

that was way back for JH maybe. but now even customer ask politely they will reply in a sarcastic manner. not going to point out every single thing but when ask in a friendly way the reply was like we owe them a living, maybe for some they find it ok if they have the same attitude, there is a saying (birds of the same feather flock together) the malay lady and moh has gone from good to worst to even worst now and even lie and deny towards customers for their own mistakes.

Comment

After read all these here, I wonder is it soo bad JH nowaday?? For me, I stop flying quite a while ...and being not frequent go there since they moved to Ubi is far from me. But all the while my experience with them is okey. The Malay lady used to work at Fook Hai NTC. She is experienced and quite good in service customer. Me find that LHS actually quite okey other then there is 1 in Ubi area too...00'
              Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth.

I being at this hobby for quite a horrible while now, went through all kind, heli, nitro, planes. For those who know me and flew with me will understand what I am saying. ALL my batteries, from 1s 300mah to 10s 6500mah (1 single pack), NEVER charges to 4.20 ever. Those that did are old ones, used and showing issues which I dispose in fact. You can get from Thunder power to HC lipos, all the same to me. Whether 10c or 50c, still the same, the nominal voltage I see is always 4.16/4.17. I considered that full charge. I flew all my batts for over a year regularly discharging 4 times during each weekend and that is since the dawn of lipos.

I think your batt is fine to be honest.

I do not really bother with caring for my batts, I fly, charge and never balance. This is how I normally fly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2shQfGpIlsA
                Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Yup true.i can never get 4.2v per cell.usually 4.16.it seems normal.and this is my norman routine flight.http:// http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-esz8KYlVc0
                  Hangar
                  -Extreme Flight 88" Edge 540T
                  -Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300
                  -Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 exp
                  -3D Hobby Shop Extra 72" Extra 330SC
                  -Extreme Flight 64" MXS exp
                  -Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 exp
                  -Extreme Flight 48" MXS exp
                  -Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 exp

Comment

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
                    I think the discussion here drift a bit far from 1st post and the original intention of the thread starter.
                    The thread starter was just trying to share his recent experience of buying the Voltron battery from JH and the treatment he got from the shop owner after knowing the batteries he bought were indeed bad. His intention was to let all of us know about the incident so that we can be wiser when we buy batteries from the same shop.

Every shop, good or bad, will have happy and unhappy customers. That is beside the point here, we are talking about the most recent incident and about Lipo batteries. I find it interesting to note that some people talk about their experience some years back with JH and experience of buying Tx & ESC. The main discussion should be about batteries and how the shop handle the issue when it was confirmed (by the shop) that the batteries sold were bad.

On the technical side, it was clearly stated by Jimmy that the batteries could not be charged to 4.2V. He did not say the battery cannot hold charge at 4.2V (after charge). His point was that if a Lipo cannot charge to reach 4.2V per cell (during charging), you will never be able to fully charge the Lipo. It is like you buy a 2250mAh battery but it behave like a 1500mAh one. Please note the difference between voltage during charging and voltage after charging (i.e. holding voltage). There are not the same. Someone claimed that all Lipo batteries will not hold charge at 4.2V. Please don't confuse others. The problem that Jimmy had was not a hold voltage problem, it was a charging voltage issue which lead to insufficient charging.

The facts are:

1. The Lipo batteries Jimmy bought at the shop were bad, i.e. cannot be fully charged. The shop tested the batteries and confirmed that.

2. The shop then instead of offer Jimmy a full refund, chose to make those nasty remarks.

So, what has this incident got to do with Tx, ESC, motor, plane, lady staff, etc? You mean if a shop sell good Tx, ESC, motor and planes, has a good lady staff and good customer service some years ago, it is okay to sell bad batteries and make nasty remarks now? What's happening?

Now, it will be good if someone can share their recent Lipo buying experience with the same shop. That would be more relevant and informative.
                    I apologised that I had digressed from the main topic.

I'll address the points:

1. It's my opinion that the lipos not getting full charge at 4.2V is normal. I think getting it more than 4.1V is considered good. Maybe my standards are lower but that's my opinion. BTW, I have a few Voltron and I have no complains about them.

2. I thought he did offered a refund. But he also passed a 'nasty' remark. It could be just perception, I don't know cos I wasn't there. I also don't know what was the converstion leading up to the 'nasty' comment. Didn't mentioned in the original thread if there was/was not a discussion prior to that 'nasty' remark. If there wasn't, then he's being extremely unproffesional. Again I don't know cos I wasn't there.

This is my opinion only.

Comment

I am no expert but honestly can anyone here please declare any brand of battery that can be charged fully to 4.2volts anytime and everytime please speak up. I have used quite a number of brands and honestly, i have never send back a battery that could not be charged to 4.2 volts simply because it just doesn't do that all the time. There are many factors like the charger used, ambient temperature that may affect the chemistry of the batteries, conductivity of the connectors etc. come on we are talking about chemistry and electronic not precision physics or mechanics. even computers fail. If I get 4.2 volts on my batteries, I'd say thank you god, let's go fly. but if I get lesser than that, I'd say, thank you god for not blowing it up. As for the nasty remarks, I'd say well I'd say I do not know what happened before that, but I guess something equally nasty must have transpired. Give Moh a break, he's still human. So, if you feel that his batts are no good, then don't buy them, but I am sure that there are other good stuff in his shop. Don't let this deter you or any other hobbyist from patronising this great hobby shop. We, the hobbyist and the good shop need each other. Please don't shoot me off the sky for this but it is just my opinion. Anyway, happy flying and good landings.
                      Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                      Having fun yet?
                      36.39mhz
                      40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by myrctoys View Post
                        that was way back for JH maybe. but now even customer ask politely they will reply in a sarcastic manner. not going to point out every single thing but when ask in a friendly way the reply was like we owe them a living, maybe for some they find it ok if they have the same attitude, there is a saying (birds of the same feather flock together) the malay lady and moh has gone from good to worst to even worst now and even lie and deny towards customers for their own mistakes.
                        Now this remark is totally uncalled for.....How long have you been in this hobby? That was my first reaction but then I would sound judgemental here. Please enlightened the rest of us on what was lied upon and denied... I am sure many of us would like to know! I have never experienced any sarcasm from this shop before..baffling. Intriquing actually. Please I do pray tell us the details.
                        Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                        Having fun yet?
                        36.39mhz
                        40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                          Now this remark is totally uncalled for.....How long have you been in this hobby? That was my first reaction but then I would sound judgemental here. Please enlightened the rest of us on what was lied upon and denied... I am sure many of us would like to know! I have never experienced any sarcasm from this shop before..baffling. Intriquing actually. Please I do pray tell us the details.
                          Hi Cikgu how have you been, long time haven't seen you around. This episode also has got me confused because many times I've been in Jet and not experienced anything like this. Now I'm not taking sides, but feel it's only right if we hear Jet's side of the story. Maybe if got time today I'll drop by Jet and see if they're willing to talk
                          Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by myrctoys View Post
                            LOL yeah it happened to me once too but that was bcos they were busy and it was like my first visit. I was taken aback with thier answers. However, after the crowd died down, one lady came to me and ask me how can she help me? Sorry for not attending to me earlier on as it was a busy period
                            sigpicWhy give yourself boundaries when the world has none...

Comment

Hmm, you in this hobby for many years (since 2005?) and your experience with a shop is good. Therefore all of us must "experience" the same way you have. If we have bad experience with that shop, likely we were in the wrong. LOL. I didn't know one has to be long in this hobby to comments in this forum. Oops....I must say I'm not qualified to comment as I'm short in this hobby. But I wonder what is the definition of long.There are people who progress so fast in just few months, there are also people who are in this hobby for many years but know little. One doesn't need to be long in this hobby to know that he is being treated badly in a shop.

By the way, a shop will treat each category of customers differently. If you are the Cat A customer I'm sure you will not get any nasty remarks from the shop ever, and easily get a full fund when you complain as they want your future business, even if you were in the wrong. If you are Cat D customer, just too bad.
                              Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

I too would like to know the details. I think, being accused of being a liar deserves some sort of explanation...

Comment

Working...
                                X