Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With power systems and gearboxes

Hi there, I was wondering if I could get some information regarding motors and gearboxes for powered gliders as well as knowing what kind of power systems will fit a particular plane. How does one match prop to motor kv and why the use of gearboxes? I've largely been using mvvs motors but they are kinda heavy and huge - been looking into kontronik and hacker but they require the use of gearboxes?

It would help if you provided some context as to what glider you are trying to power, expected flight duration,do you prefer a fast climb or slow climb? Do you prefer to hot dog or just thermal around. How heavy a plane are you trying to fly?

Basically your flight performance requirements determine how much power vs weight of power system you need and trade offs need to be made. All motors are not made the same and some are more suited for certain applications. MVVS are some of the best motors out there for the money, if you feel they are heavy it eludes you require a light setup which means you plan to do more thermalling? Would that be correct?
    Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X