Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it caused by the malware DNSchanger???

Comment

The server vendor said no. They said it is some kind of problem with their method of doing backup.
      Which I don't agree.
      Facebook - http://facebook.com/daddyhobby

Comment

Then probably can get the vendor to provide a report of the downtime and what they did to rectify it.

From there, can try to trace if they talking bull or not.

Comment

Thanks ZEN for the hardwork. I can see your replies were very early in the morning.

I would say possible the vendor is throwing a smoke grenade. So coinicident that FBI shutdown the fake DNS on 9 July and DH were also down almost the same time and I am aware that during it was down, it resolved to Youtube web with funny messages. And later, it shows DNS resolve error. Possible the vendor's server DNS setting was impacted by the DNSChanger..that is big problem.

DNS resolution takes time to propagate to the whole world. sometime need weeks to resolve.

just my 2 cents, please correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by ZENM View Post
          The server vendor said no. They said is some kind of problem with their method of doing backup.
          Which I don't agree.

Comment

Confirm that there are lots of bulls, smoke and crabs here. It was a long story for the last few days.

I am not sure if the problem was related to the DNS thing. But, certainly the server was very slow. Almost came to a complete stop at 1.30am last night. The vendor said our forum traffic is very high that caused the slow down. But, I told them that even when I shut down the forum, the server was still very slow for any simple task (such as transfer of a small file would take a long time). I am sure the server was running some background tasks to fix or recover from some issues, such as a HDD crashed (in a Raid configuration) that need to rebuild the complete file system through data from other HDDs. But, the vendor just refuse to tell me the truth.

The whole thing started when they did an emergency server shut down on Sunday midnight. They informed me only at 11.30pm through email. I did not even have the chance to do any backup before they shut down the server. So, come to think of it, they could have shut down the system due to the DNS thing but something went seriously wrong any way. That's why they need to do it just before Monday (as I know the DNS problem will occur exactly on Monday).

Comment

ZENM, yes a lot of hard work and countless number number of hour just to keep the forum alive. Everyone appreciate and thank you for taking over this task.

Keep going, everyone is benefiting from the forum and the community stand to grow bigger and stronger thru the platform.

On side note, the forum nv send me a birthday greeting, only u send via email!

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                On side note, the forum nv send me a birthday greeting, only u send via email!
                Mike,

This is a serious issue. I need to investigate why the DH system did not send you the BD greeting. This is not acceptable.

ZENM

Comment

Sorry guys. The server slow down again, starting from 6.40pm. I shut down the forum and went into the server and find some forum files were used by other process which I do not know. I think the vendor is still doing some kind of "operation" on the server. I am very upset. They just deny everything. So, I think I may need to find a new house for DH forum. Perhaps, I should get a bungalow for our forum so that nobody can come to disturb.

Comment

Yes, was surprised to see the forums down again earlier, glad that its back up quickly this time.

Speed seems to be back to normal now, with occasional slow downs when replying. Time to change vendor since they provide this kind of support.

Comment

The problem is not over yet. Server is still unstable.
                      It was okay from 5am all the way to 6.40pm. But at 6.40pm it started to slow down.

Comment

Although me not so much technically knowledgeable of the problem. I would like to thank you for keeping the forum alive!!!"thumbup5:

And Mike, I did created a thread for ur birthday but it was gone on the early morning of monday.

Comment

As a safety and security measure, we should not put exactly our DOB in public....I learnt from MAS.

This is because sometimes the DOB can be used for verification, like bank account access...

Like me, I always use 30Feb196x. ..so I never have chance to celebrate my BD...

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                          Although me not so much technically knowledgeable of the problem. I would like to thank you for keeping the forum alive!!!"thumbup5:

And Mike, I did created a thread for ur birthday but it was gone on the early morning of monday.

Comment

Server was down this morning.

Hi,

The server was down this morning, from about 12.10am to 5.45am. The "vendor" was doing some
                            kind of work on the server without informing DH at all. The work that they did caused the server to
                            run like a snail. So, I had no choice but to shut down the forum. The forum was back at around 6.45am
                            after database recovery and backup work.

We may have to move to another server. Will keep the members informed once we make the decision and
                            have a firmed plan.

ZENM

Comment

Hi,

DH has moved to the new server yesterday.

ZENM

Comment

Working...
                              X