Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help help!

Hi guys, i got a problem here. when i connect my brushless motor + esc + spektrum rx..it has a continuous beeping... where have i gone wrong?

im using a emax 1300kv + red brick esc 30A + 2500mah + orange rx....

Please help!
    "..If you fail, don't fret. Just remember that even a plane go against the wind.."

Originally posted by raze02 View Post
    Hi guys, i got a problem here. when i connect my brushless motor + esc + spektrum rx..it has a continuous beeping... where have i gone wrong?

im using a emax 1300kv + red brick esc 30A + 2500mah + orange rx....

Please help!
    Can p3ease state the type of beep. It could mean that ur esc failed to arm. Usually after change of electronics this happens. Possible solution is to calibrate your throttle setting.

1. Push thr to full
    2. Plug in batts
    3. Lower thr to zero quickly upon the 2 beeps sounding.

Once you hear the confirmation beeps of cell count, the esc is armed and ready to go.
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Help

Its a continuous beep... Its not like de usual beep when you switch on your tx n arm de esc to lipo... And when it beeps, de moto twitch and twitch n twitch.. Why is dis happening and where are de faults? How do i rectify this fault?
      "..If you fail, don't fret. Just remember that even a plane go against the wind.."

Comment

the twitching is because the sounds come from the motor. it has to move in order to 'beep'

4 possible reasons:

1. you're esc detects that your throttle is on 'full' throttle settings, you will then have to rev your throttle setting on your tx.

2. exactly what elmosan said.

3. try checking that all connections are in the correct polarity and that there are no loose cables especially the connection to the rx. also, ensure your lipo is not damaged and is giving you the correct voltage. eg, if a 3 cell batt is only showing 6 volts on the voltmeter, chances are one cell is dead. your esc which might be programmed to read 3 cells (if its not on auto detect), may be rejecting the battery.

4. one last possibility is that the esc detects that your tx is not in the minimum throttle setting. eg, my esc will only arm if the throttle is set on min. But what if the stick is already physically at min and i know it's not reversed? chances are that the trim setting needs to be reduced in order to get the esc to accept the tx as being in the min position. use the sub trim settings to adjust the throttle trim to a lower value.

lastly, check your manual if they have a trouble shooting guide which tells you what the continuous beeping means.

good luck!
        "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
        E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
        SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
        T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
        UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
        Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
        F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
        Charger- Turnigy AC6
        sigpic

Comment

sorry for the typographical errors. 1.) your*

and i didn't complete my first sentence, the twitching is normal when it's beeping. the only concern is with the esc.
          "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
          Charger- Turnigy AC6
          sigpic

Comment

help

ok ive tried everything... i should've guess dat its de esc problem.. jus a quick question.. an esc wif UBEC can be used for brushless motor?

Comment

yes. basically what the bec (battery eliminator circuit) does is to allow current to pass through to the rx in if the event the esc fails.

on a esc i once had, the motor cut power while in flight, but i was able to control the ac back and land. when i tried to power it up later on, i deduced the esc was fried but it was thanks to the bec that the controls still had power.

there are two kinds of electric motors commonly used. brushed (which is the dull silver metal can which requires a gear system usually) and the more common brushless motor. each of these motors must have a brushed or brushless ESC respectively in order to work.

the easy way to identify which esc is for brush/brushless is by looking at the number of output wires there are to the motor. a brush motor esc will only have two output wires while the brushless motor esc will have 3 output wires connected to the motor.

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
              Charger- Turnigy AC6
              sigpic

Comment

or if you can, try connecting another esc to this motor and this esc to another motor to cross check which item is not working

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                Charger- Turnigy AC6
                sigpic

Comment

propeller for quad

Hi guys, finally i cna get my quad to arm.. but there's one thing.. Where can i get propellers that are clockwise and anti clockwise spinning? Please advise.
                  Thank you!

Comment

not to be putting cold water but u sound like new to electronic. i hope u r not new to flying.

if so, i really dont recommend a quad for a newbie. u could get hurt , worst someone else get hurt.

to answer your question on props, u dont need to have special ones for quad. u just need to reverse 2 wires.

but if u really want, what u are asking for is to have 2 props as pusher props

Comment

Hi.. thnx for the info. Just to note.. I'm new to flying..had glider and wing flyer but not new to flying heli's... i understand the components of flying electronics how motor works and switching wires of the motor... was just wondering where can i get push and pull props.. no hard feelings ... just being curious...

once again, thnk you for the advise...

Comment

there are counter rotating props in the market. try jet hobby or aerosmith hobby. i think they have three bladed counter rotating props. meaning two motors will have their props that allow you to spin it clockwisew and the other two acw.

alternatively, you can try the hk website by searching google for: "9x5 Propellers (Standard and Counter Rotating) (6pc) PRODUCT ID: HCB-09"

Originally posted by raze02 View Post
                        Hi.. thnx for the info. Just to note.. I'm new to flying..had glider and wing flyer but not new to flying heli's... i understand the components of flying electronics how motor works and switching wires of the motor... was just wondering where can i get push and pull props.. no hard feelings ... just being curious...

once again, thnk you for the advise...

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                        Charger- Turnigy AC6
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X