Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow interesting , will try to make one when i'm free .

Comment

You should use an ESC designed for brushed motor, not brushless motor. The 2 terminals coming out of the brushed motor ESC will provide regulated DC voltage.

I don't know exactly what kind of voltage will come out from the 2 out of 3 terminals of an ESC for brushless motor with such connections.

Comment

DIY hot wire cutter

Ok bro Joe! I will change the brushless ESC to brush ESC. And will try the mock up again. If ok I will post the result. Thanks.

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
        You should use an ESC designed for brushed motor, not brushless motor. The 2 terminals coming out of the brushed motor ESC will provide regulated DC voltage.

I don't know exactly what kind of voltage will come out from the 2 out of 3 terminals of an ESC for brushless motor with such connections.

Comment

I just did up my new hotwire cutter system, but I didn't have my hot wire with me now. So, I just measure the voltage from the cutting bow terminals and I'm getting good readings.

All the while I was using nichrome wire directly powered by a 12VDC transformer. I'll be using this old system at home, and using the new portable Lipo powered at my workplace.

Comment

DIY hot wire cutter

Bro! The esc I change to tahmazo brush esc m1408-3p but still not working n I check wt sing hobby n they say can't use as hot wire cutter!.... So I am puzzling whether still want to use lipo or just purchase a dc power supply ?....
            So until now the project is on hold of searching components!....

I just did up my new hotwire cutter system, but I didn't have my hot wire with me now. So, I just measure the voltage from the cutting bow terminals and I'm getting good readings.

All the while I was using nichrome wire directly powered by a 12VDC transformer. I'll be using this old system at home, and using the new portable Lipo powered at my workplace.

Comment

Says who? Mine is already cutting foam by now.

Comment

Most LIPO charger has the hot wire cutter program. You should not need to use the ESC; overkill for the foam cutting function.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsnuts View Post
                  Most LIPO charger has the hot wire cutter program. You should not need to use the ESC; overkill for the foam cutting function.
                  Well, at least for mey case, my charger don't have this function.

My idea of Lipo powered hotwire cutter is to set up a portable system, using equipment that I already have. Lipo battery is something also everybody has and some of us already have some old brushed motor ESC lying around. Anyway, they only cost around $30 each these day. A cheap servo tester below $10 is all we need to complete the equation.

For those who has some spare equipment around, this setup is still way cheaper than buying a charger that comes with this function. With respect to that, 'overkill' is a little overstatement, in my opinion.

If you see from my picture, I'm using an old Tamazo M2510-3P ESC.

Comment

DIY hot wire cutter

Bro joe! By looking at ur photo it is the simplest way to do. But I am not so sure about my brush esc bcos it has been laying around for quite some time!.... I try to use the servo tester to set min n max but still can't be done. So if can will be best to use back. But one thing for sure the servo tester connect at the output port is it?....

Well, at least for mey case, my charger don't have this function.

My idea of Lipo powered hotwire cutter is to set up a portable system, using equipment that I already have. Lipo battery is something also everybody has and some of us already have some old brushed motor ESC lying around. Anyway, they only cost around $30 each these day. A cheap servo tester below $10 is all we need to complete the equation.

For those who has some spare equipment around, this setup is still way cheaper than buying a charger that comes with this function. With respect to that, 'overkill' is a little overstatement, in my opinion.

If you see from my picture, I'm using an old Tamazo M2510-3P ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by tonywang View Post
                      Bro joe! By looking at ur photo it is the simplest way to do. But I am not so sure about my brush esc bcos it has been laying around for quite some time!.... I try to use the servo tester to set min n max but still can't be done. So if can will be best to use back. But one thing for sure the servo tester connect at the output port is it?....
                      My ESc has been lying around for at least 2 years since I'd used it to fly my glider.

If you still remember the sequence of arming the ESC, you should start at min throttle. After pressing the switch button, the red light should light up, the blue light will start flashing, with the number of times corresponding to the number of battery cells. Also, if your wire or motor is connected, you'll hear a few beeps. Then, turn the servo tester to max and you'll heard another few beeps. That means that the ESC recognises that as the full throttle position. After that, turn the servo tester to min again and you'll again hear a few more beeps. The ESC will only be armed then.

Yes, the the ESC will be plugged into the output port of the servo tester.

Anyway, by the time you read this post, I already got 2 sets of wing cores cut.

Comment

DIY hot wire cutter

Ok will try again by connect the motor then set the esc again. Bcos I feel of connect up a 12v dc power pack is a waste.

My ESc has been lying around for at least 2 years since I'd used it to fly my glider.

If you still remember the sequence of arming the ESC, you should start at min throttle. After pressing the switch button, the red light should light up, the blue light will start flashing, with the number of times corresponding to the number of battery cells. Also, if your wire or motor is connected, you'll hear a few beeps. Then, turn the servo tester to max and you'll heard another few beeps. That means that the ESC recognises that as the full throttle position. After that, turn the servo tester to min again and you'll again hear a few more beeps. The ESC will only be armed then.

Comment

DIY hot wire cutter

Finally I got it!....
                          After test with motor, the esc is a OK!
                          Now already cutting the foam. Thanks for the info bro Joe. Tomorrow will update the latest diagram. Anyway happy DIY.

Comment

Glad that you got it. Do you know that you can use this system for other applications using 12VDC?

I made 2 portable electric fan using the same setup, which is very useful at picnic outings.

Comment

Diy Hot Wire Cutter

With attach my new updating diagram. Hope eveyone like it.

Originally posted by tonywang View Post
                              Finally I got it!....
                              After test with motor, the esc is a OK!
                              Now already cutting the foam. Thanks for the info bro Joe. Tomorrow will update the latest diagram. Anyway happy DIY.

Comment

Hi, where did you get the foam? How do you cut out the wing so nicely? Whenever I cut the foam, the angle is always way off.

Comment

Working...
                                X