X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi Mike.
    that looks good,
    any plans to sell them!
    if so, let me know, i will a sure buyer.
    if i dont get the TT ones.
    sar.ratha@me.com
    DEVIL

Comment

Ethinger, sorry, this is not for sale I am making it to try different tooling and machining method.

As some member point out, aluminium for the washout might not be very suitable for Raptor 50 bcos of the power it subjected to. Steel or stainless steel could be a better choice

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
        Thanks for the good words

Rajoo, its AL6061 cheap and good lah

Cheers

Mike
        I am asking because, I have previously used a home-made wash out base mail-ordered from US. And I think it was a 7*** Alum, Aircraft Grade. See Pic. So, I guess the 6*** u intend to use, would be for hovering only? <br> <br>

Comment

Yeah ..... this one for trying only I would go w steel / stainless steel for a proper one, got hold of some carbide tooling which can mill stainless steel w no sweat

In the process, I realise I did some machining not on the right sequence. After I finish it off, I try to post some dimension and procedure for refrence purpose.

Thanks for sharing

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mechplas
            I am asking because, I have previously used a home-made wash out base mail-ordered from US. And I think it was a 7*** Alum, Aircraft Grade. See Pic. So, I guess the 6*** u intend to use, would be for hovering only?

I thought the washout base is from geoffery(not very sure of name liao) from aust? How did you like it har? I have one from years ago, thought it was a bit too long which might result in binding at full cyclic with a bit of pitch...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
              I thought the washout base is from geoffery(not very sure of name liao) from aust? How did you like it har? I have one from years ago, thought it was a bit too long which might result in binding at full cyclic with a bit of pitch...
              That is right, Geoff from Australia. Found his link in Raptortechnique Mod page...

I used it for a few flights, very smooth and no slop. Sold it away and bought a complete set from TT after that.....

Comment

Hi ,

One more raptor related project to share .....

Cheers

Ah goh <br> <br>

Comment

Working...
                X