Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement part for EasyGlider

Hi,

I broke the tail of my easyglider(the elevator part). Its broken into two, the other half lost in the jungle. I looked up Multiplex USA and they do sell the replacement tail part. What a joy for me. I called NTC and they dont bring in the replacement part. What a let down.

Googled and found Advantage Hobby sells this replacement part but they got no stock.

Anyone can let me know where can I get this M224160 - Replacement Tail Set with ex-stock availability.

My last hope for my easyglider to fly again, otherwise it will be in the dustbin. It served me well for three glider season already. On the positive side, looking forward to newer gliders.

Thks,

Adrian

MUltiplex website here : http://www.multiplexusa.com/model-ki...ider_pro.html#

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      Hi,

I broke the tail of my easyglider(the elevator part). Its broken into two, the other half lost in the jungle. I looked up Multiplex USA and they do sell the replacement tail part. What a joy for me. I called NTC and they dont bring in the replacement part. What a let down.

Googled and found Advantage Hobby sells this replacement part but they got no stock.

Anyone can let me know where can I get this M224160 - Replacement Tail Set with ex-stock availability.

My last hope for my easyglider to fly again, otherwise it will be in the dustbin. It served me well for three glider season already. On the positive side, looking forward to newer gliders.

Thks,

Adrian
      Dont throw...i got good hand...hahaha

Comment

Adrian,

Don't lose your hope. You can make your own from light solid balsa or 6mm Compressed foam. Just fill the gaps between the new stabilizer and the vertical fin with epoxy and microballoons.

Comment

ez glider

i went to NTC today to ask for ez glider wing. they do have spare part for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GLENDON View Post
            i went to NTC today to ask for ez glider wing. they do have spare part for that.
            Is it??? I need the tail(elevator part). Yesterday I called them and the lady told me dont have.

Anyway, time for my medical appt at SGH and to get MC. So I'll pop down and have a look myself.

Comment

Hi Adrian,
              As I have suggested in Sedili, this is an easy repair. Remove the broken half, and cut out a piece of 1/4" light balsa to the same shape of the stab. Sand to the desired airfoil. Cut out the elevator.
              Cover the stab and elevator with white Oracover, or other covering.

Glue the stab back into the fuselage, whala!! You have a brand new glider!

MS

Comment

Is it??? I need the tail(elevator part). Yesterday I called them and the lady told me dont have.

Anyway, time for my medical appt at SGH and to get MC. So I'll pop down and have a look myself.
                they told me have but bo hua den the uncle went to look for my wing..

Comment

I have very poor workmanship and no tools to shape a tail. Can I just get the foam and cut it to size and epoxy it in???

Will check with NTC and then maybe do the above.

Comment

No need special tools. Just penknife and sanding block.

Trace the outlines of the remaining stab on a piece of cardboard. Cut it out and use it as a template to mark on the compressed foam or balsa and cut it out. Sand the TE and LE a little round will do. Cut out the elevator and bevel the hingeline. Add carbon strip if you wish. Hinge the elevator with tape and epoxy the whole thing into the tail.

Comment

Joe,

U make it sound so simple.

Comment

Joe,

U make it sound so simple.
                        Because it is really simple.

Comment

Working...
                        X