Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse
    recommend the T10 , triton ... all value for money.
    how much is this?

pics?
    -= Prowd Owner Of HPI SavageSS 4.6 =-

Comment

T10-130SGD, Triton-205SGD

Comment

Originally posted by Shoot_RS4MT2
        then what to do with my rotor charger and glow plug charger?

besides those chargers are expensive...
        thinking of modding the glow plug charger, so that it could charge the hump pack as well..
        Well, I think the peak chargers are expensive for a reason. They can

1) Charge different types of batts - NiMh, NiCD....some can charge Lead Acid and LiPo as well.

2) Charge many cells. For example, some can charge 1 to 10 cells. That means it can charge 1 cell (glow plug), 4 cell (1/12 pan cars) 5 cells (Rx packs), 6 cells (1/10 EP), 8 cells (Tx packs) ...etc. Truely the only charger you'll ever need. Of course the need can change in future.

3) Peak charge without overcharging. That means you can charge and no need to monitor.

4) Auto detect the number of batts you are charging. So you no need to set.

5) Vary the charging rate. You set the amps.

6) Discharge your cells.

7) cycle your batts.

8) And many more functions.
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

how much is this?

pics?
          Think you'll have to see what's your need first.

1) Is AC/DC input important or you don't mind getting a separate 12V power supply for the charger?

2) Do you go into planes (LiPo territory) or you're sticking to cars.

IMO, T10 and Triton are good chargers but they are more suitable for planes rather than cars.

Car ppl like to use Speed Pro, Eagle CDC which charges NiMh and NiCd batts only buy has high charge and discharge rates.

Speed Pro is $200 from Winnie. Nightbreed is using this, you can ask him.

Motor Chan sells Prolux charger for $150+. SSPP and Orangie are using this. you can ask them.

Cheers!
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

besides those chargers are expensive...
            thinking of modding the glow plug charger, so that it could charge the hump pack as well..
            Er...how do you propose to do that?

Comment

i think i'll stick to alkaline...

Comment

just buy a cheap GWS-MC2002. it will charge ur reciever packs(4-12 cells) up to 6A! adjustable. 40bucks only in the used market.

Comment

In the long run its always best to run rechargeables. I know the intial set up cost is high but its worth it if you play at least once a week.

I use a Prolux charger.

Since i have a 12V DC supply at home i bought a DC supply Charger.

I would recommmend a AC/DC supply charger to anyone who is getting their 1st charger. Also get a charger that can charge 1-10 cells at least. My 1st charger could only do 2-10 cells. Stuffs me up when i decided to play nitro cars as my glow charger is 1 cell.

Hobby bugs sell this for SGD170. Its a good one as they use it everyday and it has yet to fail.

1856 AC/DC 1-14 CELL DIGI PEAK CHARGER / 230V (5A)
                  One day... one day...

Comment

Well, that is an option. Alkalines' prices has dropped down and you can buy in bulk! No charging problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Icon

I would recommmend a AC/DC supply charger to anyone who is getting their 1st charger. Also get a charger that can charge 1-10 cells at least. My 1st charger could only do 2-10 cells. Stuffs me up when i decided to play nitro cars as my glow charger is 1 cell.

Hobby bugs sell this for SGD170. Its a good one as they use it everyday and it has yet to fail.

1856 AC/DC 1-14 CELL DIGI PEAK CHARGER / 230V (5A)
                      This is the one that Motor Chan sells for $150+.

Yeah, when I bought the Speed 3000 (4-8 cell) charger, I thot that will be the ONLY charger I'll ever need. Until the glow plug starter comes along. Realise the 1 cell thingy is VERY important.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                        Car ppl like to use Speed Pro, Eagle CDC which charges NiMh and NiCd batts only buy has high charge and discharge rates.

Speed Pro is $200 from Winnie. Nightbreed is using this, you can ask him.

Motor Chan sells Prolux charger for $150+. SSPP and Orangie are using this. you can ask them.

Cheers!
                        Can share what charger are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie
                          Can share what charger are you using?
                          No need lah...... Lousy ones.

Comment

I still using wall charger takes me 4 hours to charge my 1800mah battery.

Comment

If use alkaline for RX, use only 4 cells instead of 5 cells.

Comment

Originally posted by civic3106
                                If use alkaline for RX, use only 4 cells instead of 5 cells.
                                Dun worry,... ive been using 4 cell alkaline from the start

Comment

Working...
                                X