Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extruded Polystyrene Thermal Insulation Board

Hi bros,

I snapped this. Do u guys think it might be a place where we can get building materials?

Why bother driving to some industrial estate when you can just go bras basah to Art Friend? Takashimaya also has one too
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Extruded Polystyrene Thermal Insulation

Hi bro,

If u go to their website, you will notice that they have at least 5 different density foams.

Comment

That's nice. Looking forward to seeing more scratch builders out there. Post more scratch builds = )
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

i bought foam from a supplier in tuas. Same type of foam as those sold in popular, except they sell in huge blocks. Really really cheap for the volume. Infact, 3-4 times cheaper than brasbasah white EPS foam.

Most updated Singapore Maps, Driving Directions, Real-time traffic cams & business directory. Use Street directory App to find exclusive offers near you & download offline maps. You'll be lost without it.

$20 bucks for that big piece of foam behind my 2m wing for comparison. (5feet x 3feet x 5inch)

Build it
          Fly it
          Crash it
          Fix it

Comment

Alex,

That foam is it easily flake off.
            Too bad there isn't any more tougher EPS foam.

Comment

Yes, this types of low density foam is really flaky, any sudden hard impact will cause them to deform or chips breaking off. But i still chose this foam to build my wings because they are very light and strong when reinforced with fibreglass/balsa. And when i'm feeling abit cheapskate at times, i'll just spray 3m77 and wrap tape with some tension on them just like the one in the picture.

Foam + tape its like a subsitute EPP to me. Its not as bouncy and flexible as EPP , but taping the foam wing proved to be so much stronger than the foam itself. I've crashed many model with this building method. Instead of wings breaking off, the tape actually assist the foam to crumble inwards in a very nice pattern with everything intact. Like a "plane saver", saving all my electronics inside the fuse while i just throw away the wing and build another one!

Yes, agree with you, sadly, its hard to find tougher EPS foam or i would be buying them already. The tougher foam i love to use will be the 6mm depron sheet followed by the blue foam.
              Build it
              Fly it
              Crash it
              Fix it

Comment

There was one time I was crazy about cutting my own foam. Even built my own foam cutter. Now too lazy to do it. Just buy kits. Lots of foam in my store room now.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy View Post
                  Hi bros,

I snapped this. Do u guys think it might be a place where we can get building materials?
                  Hi, you can contact the company sales person to get the foam from them.They supply to Building construction and walk in too.

Comment

Working...
                  X