Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adn6244
    Thanks bro...
    I went thru most of the thread here and noticed one thing....u need a power supply to power the charger like the T10?

Is there something that can plug into the electric power supply and start the charging?
    Yah, T-10 needs a separate 12V power supply. Actually, most high end chargers, be it field or indoor, needs separate power supply. That's because a good power supply which can deliver regulated high current is heavy and expensive, so they don't normally combine the whole set. And of course to keep the cost down too.

For simplicity, you can get an AC/DC peak charger like Speed Pro or TLP pro. These can use 12V power supply or 240V, meaning you can use it at home and as a field charger too.
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

playing for about 2 hours is good enough. I am running the Venom Mini Giant and 2-3 packs should last me 2 hours

My fault for not knowing how to differentiate field and the indoor charger

Well...will really consider the options since I know a little bit more now
      Hahahahaha....no one has inborn knowledge!

Now I know why you need the 2/3A cells. So how many cell pack do you intend to make for your Venom?
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Speed Pro Ex15 is selling for $230++ that's more ex than the T10 + power supply right ?

I haven't bought the battery yet so now cannot really bash the mini giant

Comment

Speed Pro Ex15 is selling for $230++ that's more ex than the T10 + power supply right ?

I haven't bought the battery yet so now cannot really bash the mini giant
          Speed Pro Ex15 can be gotten at $200 from Winnie, I think. Ask Nightbreed.

As for T-10, it's cheap at $130+. With quite a loadful of functions too, plus the ability to charge LiPo. As for a power supply, you can either buy a switching 12V 12.5A PS from SLT at $75 or do wat quite a lot of ppl have done here. Rip a PSU from an old pc and mod it to be a power supply. Should at least have 8A.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
            Speed Pro Ex15 can be gotten at $200 from Winnie, I think. Ask Nightbreed.

As for T-10, it's cheap at $130+. With quite a loadful of functions too, plus the ability to charge LiPo. As for a power supply, you can either buy a switching 12V 12.5A PS from SLT at $75 or do wat quite a lot of ppl have done here. Rip a PSU from an old pc and mod it to be a power supply. Should at least have 8A.
            no need lar,i got 2nd hand 17A PC PS for $8.
            Don't PCW

Beam E4
            Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
            Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Originally posted by helirulz
              We know!

Comment

We know!

So are u selling it?? Is it safe?

Hahaha....$130+$8 = $138 - $200 = $62 savings for more than 18 2/3A battery

Comment

So are u selling it?? Is it safe?

Hahaha....$130+$8 = $138 - $200 = $62 savings for more than 18 2/3A battery
                  No lah....just that Helirulz has been saying it a few times mah.

I've a few converted PC PSU in use now. So far no problem leh. Just read here.

Wah, going for 9 cell pack har? That's serious power for your Venom!

Comment

9 cell!!! That's suicidal

18 cells/3 packs = 6 cells = 2 hours of play time

Must look in HK then

Comment

No lah....just that Helirulz has been saying it a few times mah.

I've a few converted PC PSU in use now. So far no problem leh. Just read here.

Wah, going for 9 cell pack har? That's serious power for your Venom!
                      ya you're rite...i've been saying it a few times liao.. better shut up
                      Don't PCW

Beam E4
                      Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                      Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

9 cell!!! That's suicidal

18 cells/3 packs = 6 cells = 2 hours of play time

Must look in HK then
                        Hahahaha........wat's stock batt configuration? My Anderson MRX4 (aka Duratrax MiniQuake) using 8.4V LiPo goes zoom zoom leh.

Go 7 cells or 8, if your ESC can take it!

Comment

ya you're rite...i've been saying it a few times liao.. better shut up
                          Don't, good lobangs must share!

Comment

But I've meant to ask you, the amps of your 2nd hand PS is big! I just wonder what kind of pc the thing powers last time.

Comment

Ya ...17A is bit unusual, may be from a server or someting, my old box giving 9A.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                              (

Comment

Hahahaha........wat's stock batt configuration? My Anderson MRX4 (aka Duratrax MiniQuake) using 8.4V LiPo goes zoom zoom leh.

Go 7 cells or 8, if your ESC can take it!

How to check? I only know it's running on 6 cell*1.2 = 7.2V
                                But I know some ppl go for 7 cell = 8.4V.... 9.6V is really too mcuh IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X