Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly hope to be able to do it. But my lack of experience in this machining is quite an obstacle..:P I guess no one has done it before.. heh..

Many thanks for your advice Mike.

Comment

Hi muddy,

I had checked out, the actual dimension of the 3in1 is 550mm width x 300mm depth x 525mm height.

One thing u gonna take note, u will need to lock the Z axis of the 3in1 when performing milling, making it not really possible for CNC conversion unless u are happy only w 2 Axis conversion.

Mike

Comment

Hi mike,

the dimensions you posted are for the MJ9526 or the MJ9515? Why would the vertical axis need to be frozen for CNC milling?

Comment

The dimension I posted is for 9515. If you see the catalog, the column is round so that when performing turning/lathe work, the mill head can be swing to side or rear so that it will not cause any obstruction. When you want to perform milling work, you had to swing to the front and lock it in position so that the mill head will not drift left right.

Mike

Comment

Would it be possible to mount the stepper motor on the column such that when the the stepper moves with the column when it swings?

Comment

This one will probably be the biggest challenge. See the pic below, the portion I arrowed is where u turn to move the mill spindle up down. If you want to add Z-Axis into CNC, this is where the stepper gonna mount. You had to work on extra bracket and odd mounting position.

Cheers

Mike <br> <br>

Comment

Hi again Mike

I was wondering what the footprint is for the XJ9510 and the CJ9518? Can these be CNC converted? Thanks for your assistance

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I can only find this 2 pic featuring the XJ9510 & CJ9518 on my harddisk.....perhaps you would like to take a look at it

Cheers

Mike <br> <br>

Comment

How Difficult Is it?

Mike,
                    How difficult is it for someone with out any knowledge what-so-ever pickup machining?

What about materials availability? Where do you folks get your materials? Locally or order from overseas?

Any chance of looking at these this machine at work?

Thanks.

-shim

Comment

Hi Shim,

Machining is not really difficult ... at least in my opinion. Heli flying is definitely more difficult

Locally, most of the time we work on Aluminium AL6061. They are very common industrial grade aluminium.

To give you an idea of the cost of material:

100 x 125 x 25mm - S$8.50

Diameter 22mm x 200mm - S$2.20

Just base on above material to cost formulation, u can get a rough estimation of the cost of the material you intend to buy

Mike

Comment

who to buy the material from ah?

Comment

Where to get the 22mmx200mm in Singapore?

Thanks.

-shim

Comment

Hi Guys,

sorry, I think not so good I disclose the source openly.. for 1 reason:-

Understand that by nature of human, most of us probably are not very sure what kind of material we getting. If I openly put the shop name here, most ppl will just walk in, asked a few sizes, end up buying 1 or 2 pcs. This kind of practice generally put this industrial supplier in a difficult position .... asking a lot and end up buying 1 pc thingy. No hard feeling, but this is the feedback I got. This industrial supplier will notice an increase of such enquiry and they may just end up increasing price of low volume purchase..... we suffer in the end.

If you are interested, please discuss the size u required and ppl here can give u an idea how much. Once you are prepared on the size and qty, I dun mind getting for you or bringing you to the place

FYI, I had made known the address to ppl I sold machine to. I encourage they check with me on the size required and in most cases, I do purchase on their behalf, just need to pay what I am charged

Shim, let me know when you coming to singapore and I will bring or direct you there. Let me know the qty so that I can consolidate on other requirement and get together if it is possible

Thanks

Mike

Comment

How to contact you?

Mike,
                              I don't mind buying the aluminum rod off you if you have them in stock. Save the hussle going to the shop to just get a piece or 2.

How do I call you when I am in Singapore?

Thanks.

-shim

Comment

I don trade this material lah I do it as a service to my customer

If you toking abt alu rod, there is a shop near rotor. However, they sell in 16FT length and really doesnt make sense if you only need a small portion of Diameter 22mm rod

U can contact me at 92718979 when u in Singapore. roughly when u gonna touch down?

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X