Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm game if anyone else is?

Foam is interesting ... then it will float naturally no? I can contribute rx, servos, esc ... whatever? Just don't have the technical tools to do the ballasting, etc ...

Can even use it for salvage and rescue too

Comment

Maybe we start with a simpler config, i.e. no ballasting, just dive with a set of dive planes, much like elevator on an aircraft.

I haven't study the plans in detail as my destroyer is not finished yet, hope someone can start soon.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
      (

Comment

I will be back in early June (for good finally!!!). I would like to participate in this to learn building skills, but you all got to bear with me hor...i even have a problem building a decent box for my T-Rex

I can sponsor a WTC if needed.
        Futaba FF9CHP

T-Rex 450X V2 with Alu swashplate
        4xHS56, Hitec electron 6, PHX-25, Gy401, Mega 16/15/3 motor.

4xHS56, Schulze Alpha 840ww, PHX-35, GY401, Lehner 1020/17 motor.

Comment

yes. there is a limit to the depth a rc sub can go. according to netwon;s law( every action(force) there is an opposite and equal reaction(force)).
          When the sub dive, there is a upward force against it. Hence there is a limit. unless a r/c sub behave exactly liek the real sub, etc floating a tank to dive.

Originally posted by stuka
          Actually i found out that sailing r/c sub need not be in a swimming pool with clear water, as it is possible to control how deep it will dive. In murky water like punggol, we can dive to periscope depth so that what is visible is the periscope and wake behind the sub, or just sail on surface of water. But I think R/C sub must be at least 1.2m in length, otherwise no shiok!

Comment

hmmm did not aware so many ppl love RC sub..... or just because is something new

If we start on a full scale it may be difficult as all the details and scale fitting have to homemade. How about we build a "Tube" version to test out. Thinking we should build a dynamic diving sub as what stuka said, which only able to dive when the sub is moving and surface once slow down or stop....it is much simple even is not like a real thing the fun factor will be there

Group project

Comment

Err...you think i should get the Egel KG diving systems first before i go back since I am in Europe now?
              Futaba FF9CHP

Comment

Originally posted by yeow
                yes. there is a limit to the depth a rc sub can go. according to netwon;s law( every action(force) there is an opposite and equal reaction(force)).
                When the sub dive, there is a upward force against it. Hence there is a limit. unless a r/c sub behave exactly liek the real sub, etc floating a tank to dive.

This force is called "Bouyancy"

There is also this law called the Archemillis' law. Cant remember liao. Spelling a bit out. Need to brush up my naval arch again!!! All return back to my lecturer liao.

Comment

Originally posted by fleek
                  Err...you think i should get the Egel KG diving systems first before i go back since I am in Europe now?
                  this one?
                  TK-208 TYPHOON with Diving System TAES

or this one?
                  AKULA K-317 Panther with Diving System TAES -Static Depth Control

Comment

I'm in the process in purchasing a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft fish tank for my fish.

These subs can have a swim in it when its ready!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                      I'm in the process in purchasing a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft fish tank for my fish.

These subs can have a swim in it when its ready!!!
                      The subs are 1.8 to 2m long..
                      is ur fishtank that long?? heehee..

Where to float a 2m sub man? go condo swimming pool sure attention seeking one wah..

But will be damn cool, so is the price tag.. EUR1.3k translate to SGD2.5k..

Comment

Originally posted by fleek
                        Dont think so.. ..have to deal with hull construction issues first. If bring in the diving system then the hull has to be designed and constructed with it in mind.

Futhermore, I would go for a dynamic model rather then a static one for an experimental project to keep cost down...

For Sale

(

Comment

PhiBer, we make one the size of bolster is good enough la.. ... 2m sub is too scary... ...looks like a bomb, someone going to call the police!

For Sale

(

Comment

guys u got to check out what this sub master is doing....a static model with functional topedoes...

For Sale

(

Comment

Actually hor, i am more thinking about getting the piston tank lah and the control lah...not the whole sub.

Futaba FF9CHP

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
                                PhiBer, we make one the size of bolster is good enough la.. ... 2m sub is too scary... ...looks like a bomb, someone going to call the police!
                                Hehe.. true.. then we'll have to paint it bright pink!!

guys u got to check out what this sub master is doing....a static model with functional topedoes...
                                WAH!! Amazing!!
                                His ballast tanks are so simple and yet functional.. hehe..

Comment

Working...
                                X