• Show
Clear All

sk? could it be seng kang?

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
    (

Comment

Originally posted by Edwinchew
      Hi Welcome. Where is Sk? Maybe you can come down to JW to take a look. We do have some beginner planes for u to hands on.
      oh hello .....hehe SK is sengkang.......
      Anyway where JW(me blurblur liao)....

Ermmm are you so sure that you all let us to handle your airplane.i dun think it is very nice for us to handle your beginner planes in case we destory your plane.......cos we are really beginner player and i want to read up or know more before i buy the plane....

anyway have to say tks to you by letting us to hand on....sure we can go and do hand ons......

tks

Comment

yes brother is sengkang

Comment

JW= Jurong West, pm fuse or loyn for more info.

Comment

They have a trainer cord attached to 2 txs. When the student has problem controlling the plane, the trainer will take over. I'm also learning it this way through loyn, edwin and fuse. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by dowell
            oh hello .....hehe SK is sengkang.......
            Anyway where JW(me blurblur liao)....

Ermmm are you so sure that you all let us to handle your airplane.i dun think it is very nice for us to handle your beginner planes in case we destory your plane.......cos we are really beginner player and i want to read up or know more before i buy the plane....

anyway have to say tks to you by letting us to hand on....sure we can go and do hand ons......

tks

Comment

I din know i got a brother, with similar nick.. :na :na

Comment

Yes and totally agreed with all the comments here... as my nick say, Im also very new in RC planes . seen a few nitro heli & plane flights also come across electric. my final choice after spending mths reading from this forum is 2 stick 2 electric RC plane. My toy now is RC kite from GFK (personal preference, not promoting anything here).

Really have 2 do a lot of homework by moving ard LHS looking 4 this hobby and my budget . This plc really provide all necessary informations 4 all newbie. And "DO NOT RUSH" is the key word....

Comment

http://plawner.net/3/1st_plane/

Beginner's guide

Comment

yes brother is sengkang
                    oi oi dowell.. you finally find time for this hobby??
                    haha.. come down to the flying fields.. ask around most will be willing to give advice.
                    as mentioned in some other threads. this is a bad time to learn how to fly due to windy conditions, and most ppl heading to do some sloping.

if you decide to go on your own.. wait a while and get a Slow stick also download FMS. (www.fms.com) and try learn to get used to the orientation of the plane.

since you stay at SK, some of the guys fly at Ponggol, next to the church area... comon down!

Comment

HITECH superslim 8CH rx

I bought a hitec8CH rx and found that it glitch like mad in the field. But, it never glitch even once at home. It happens again the next week end and I immediately brought the rx along with my plane to rotor and at their shop, it did not glitch at all even after 10mins. So, lan lan went home with it. I took my first flight the next weekend and after take off, the plane glitch alot but I managed to bring it down safely. So I went home disappointed with the new rx......When I was home, I took a servo (not connected to any rx) and turn the servo arm manually near my model with the faulty rx power on, it glitch like mad. It stops when I stop turning the servo manually. I went to rotor, power on my plane, and turn any servo in their shop and turn the servo arm manually, the rx glitch with any turn of the servo. They exchange it with a new rx....I guess you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt. If they accept all complaints from customer, they will not have time to provide good service to others....
                      Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

Originally posted by moveon
                        I bought a hitec8CH rx and found that it glitch like mad in the field. But, it never glitch even once at home. It happens again the next week end and I immediately brought the rx along with my plane to rotor and at their shop, it did not glitch at all even after 10mins. So, lan lan went home with it. I took my first flight the next weekend and after take off, the plane glitch alot but I managed to bring it down safely. So I went home disappointed with the new rx......When I was home, I took a servo (not connected to any rx) and turn the servo arm manually near my model with the faulty rx power on, it glitch like mad. It stops when I stop turning the servo manually. I went to rotor, power on my plane, and turn any servo in their shop and turn the servo arm manually, the rx glitch with any turn of the servo. They exchange it with a new rx....I guess you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt. If they accept all complaints from customer, they will not have time to provide good service to others....
                        hmm yah... its just luck sometimes when you get a lemon.
                        Just like buying a car. there may be 10 ppl who get a good car and one that gets a crappy one. lan lan you will have to live with this car.

Comment

yes brother is sengkang
                          Hi, there are 2 flying field in Punggol. If it is convienence for you, you can come down every SAT or SUN morning. The 2 flying field. One just beside TPE. Field is big enough to fly and comes with a 2 lane, 200m runway. The other one near a church and a school. Can't remember the name of the church.

Got plane?

Cheers

See you there.

Happy Flying.
                          Just because we grow up, doesn't mean we stop playing...in fact, the games just get better and the toys just get bigger...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Another advise for newcomer
                            " Taking off is optional landing is mandatory"

Happy landing

Babylon5

Originally posted by loyn
                            Not sure where to place this thread as it cover all area of RC. My objective is to put in some common advise to new commer to this hobbies.

Why I started this is because we (the DHJW team) come across this two new comers (teenagers) who are interested to go into this hobby. As usaul started on their own and facing all the usual problems.(building and flying) As we try to help them out we found their problem half of them are from our LHS. Who just want to make money out of new comers. A real story among us.

They go to the beloved Chobby to get most of their staff (dont ask me why)...the result they get RC set that is used for the Dragon wing (extra Tx from QC failure?) The quality is really sux.....and they use it on the warbird ME109.....that explain why it dont fly. Of cause the shop owner just say is cheap and good which is suitable for the plane. As a new comer at young age...the word is just sound so sweet. There goes their hard save money....same go without say about the IFO !

So to help our fellow RC new comer. I would like to put up some common advise which may help to reduce the unnecssary wast of resouce and smooth out the learning curve to RC flying.

Following is some of the common advise for new comers:

1) Dont get a model that is nice to look at (like those GWS warbird) and thinking it will fly just like in the movies. Ended up with real disappointment as they will crash not only for the first flight but uncountable number of crashes to follow....

2) Getting a model identify by adv or LHS that is easy to fly and almost indestructable (e.g. IFO) but fail to understand easy to fly is not easy to control. Anything can fly even a cow ....ask around for advise as experience is 101% better then adv.

3) Dont rush into getting the staff, think about what you really want to do in this hobby. As the investment is unlimited, a proper planning will help you to maximize your resource for best result. Dont just follow what other do by getting all the high end product. There is always things that is good to have...make a balance of what you can affort vs what you want to do ! "good is good enough"

4) Ask for advise from more experience ppl, I think most of us in DaddyHobby is more than happy to share their knowledge to help any new comer to this hobby....sometime we may talk funny ....but the bottom line we are always happy to help ! Appreciate what others are doing for you will help to build a good relationship for a long way to come...you will found your learning curve will be a much present one.

5) Last but not least, know where to get you staff. Money dont come from the tree ! Ask around for reliable source before taking the word from any seller or shop keeper, as staff is always "THE BEST" from their shop.

So hope this general guideline do provide helps to the new comers, and for the experience guys do put up advise to make the list complete. I think that is what the final Goal of Mike as he first setup DaddyHobby. Hope we can make it a dream come true

Oh may be experience members of other area (car, boat, UFO ?...... ) can put down some advise in their respective area too.

Thank you

Comment

very nice

hello i if dun mind i would like to add up too although i am not very experianced yah i say all the things the members say are very true i and my mp gang started off empty handed we got no idea were untill we went to tp bike park i tell you i was like oh my god soo far but was really worth i actually saw a nitro aerobatic nitro plane taking off so far i only had dreams of such things really... so take this advice listen to the members carefully will really save alot of money one expecially the pilots like stuka and the other going to see them swing their birds is worth the trip.
                              *^(HOKAGE PHOENIX)^*
                              Coming soon:
                              f-18 ?
                              TEMASEK POLYTECHNIC (AMIG)

Comment

Working...
                              X