Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    Can the drill chuck be changed to a larger size one instead?

In my largest boat, the coupler is 8mm hole on the motor shaft side and 1/4" hole on the drive cable end.

Just my tots only.
    Drill chuck biggest liao

Mfr made coupler usually via boring / using precision drill / reamer.

In case of home fabrication of 8mm hole, only lathe doable to ensure the concentricity especially u are driving at high rpm. We will drill a max hole size of the lathe, then using a boring tool and slowly open up the hole. Along the way will trial fit with the shaft. Boring bit by bit will ensure a sui sui fitting, using a 8mm drill bit might result in la KOPI

If die die want to use a 8mm drill also possible. We can provide shank reducing service at a small fee. Meaning using industrial machine to precisely grind down the 8mm shank to 6mm shank.

Mike

Comment

Thks for ur explanation.

But look here for the exact making process of a 8mm to 1/4" motor coupler : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6WI0MIzlHE

Ok, no more OT from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
        Thks for ur explanation.

But look here for the exact making process of a 8mm to 1/4" motor coupler : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6WI0MIzlHE

Ok, no more OT from me.
        )(*&@^&()#@_#!! luckily I never smoke you otherwise

U see they use a 9/32 pilot hole than bore to 8mm

Mike

Comment

Hi guys, just want to check how rigid is this cool tools? If we compare to the sherline. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by uniphyte View Post
            Hi guys, just want to check how rigid is this cool tools? If we compare to the sherline. Thanks!
            The construction of Sherline is totally different from The Cool Tool, price too.

The Cool Tool is smaller taking up lesser space and of cos do lighter cut compared to Sherline. If I say sherline doing 1mm depth per pass, The Cool Tool probably doing 0.5mm depth per pass.

Mike

Comment

A little progress here

Quality wise, The Cool Tool is top notch.

Modular are attached to each other via the "flexible hinge" which can cast out giving strength.

Just build up the power train and a saddle unit. Will continue tomorrow night

Cheers

Mike <br> <br>

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                A little progress here

Quality wise, The Cool Tool is top notch.

Modular are attached to each other via the "flexible hinge" which can cast out giving strength.

Just build up the power train and a saddle unit. Will continue tomorrow night

Cheers

Mike

may i know what's the power output of the spindle motor>?

Comment

Bro HZM,

Can this be CNC'd? I read from the webby that they have the MetalLine series with CNC listed as one of its possible applications. How much more will it cost if you are to bring it in for sale?

Regards,
                  Wong

Comment

Originally posted by flye View Post
                    may i know what's the power output of the spindle motor>?
                    I do not have the actual output data. From the info I gathered, the cutting power probably half of the capabilities of Sherline. Sherline is 0.3kw, this one should be at range of 0.12-0.15Kw

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Wongster View Post
                      Bro HZM,

Can this be CNC'd? I read from the webby that they have the MetalLine series with CNC listed as one of its possible applications. How much more will it cost if you are to bring it in for sale?

Regards,
                      Wong
                      Infact one of the main objective in bringing The Cool Tool is to mod it to CNC.

They had standard Metal Line CNC upgrade but a cost a Whopping 4k!!!!!

I do have the metal line version in stock as well. Juding from the design, modding to CNC will not be tough. I am considering to mod the Unimat 1 Classic to CNC tho.

Mike

Comment

Ok, I had fix up a Metal Lathe configuration using the Unimat 1.

Check this pcitures, hopefully I can do some testing this weekend if I need not go oversea ......

Cheers

Mike <br> <br>

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                          Infact one of the main objective in bringing The Cool Tool is to mod it to CNC.

They had standard Metal Line CNC upgrade but a cost a Whopping 4k!!!!!

I do have the metal line version in stock as well. Juding from the design, modding to CNC will not be tough. I am considering to mod the Unimat 1 Classic to CNC tho.

Mike
                          oh you have the metal line? how much does it cost??

Comment

Heres some more pics of the lathe setup ... <br> <br>

Comment

I'm freaking tempted!!!

Do you have a piece over at RCS? Would like to take a look at the real thing.

Credit card can? running low on dough after paying for road tax, insurance etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wongster View Post
                                I'm freaking tempted!!!

Do you have a piece over at RCS? Would like to take a look at the real thing.

Credit card can? running low on dough after paying for road tax, insurance etc.
                                I am sorry but as this is an introductory offer, it was not at RCS. The price for Metaline is not finalise yet. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I can let you know the price as well as update our site with details.

Oh... from what I see, if you get the Metal Line version, you will be able to fabricate your own CNC mount using the machine itself cos it had mill and lathe function within its configuration.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X