Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bigkid!
    Long time no see, where you flying your heli now?
    I suggest you get a reputable balancer like Hyperion and use it with your Acccel 6 through dean charging.
    Someone I feel charging solo rather than balancing is safer. There are many cases of balance charging giving false voltages resulting in unbalanced lipos.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
      Hi Bigkid!
      Long time no see, where you flying your heli now?
      I suggest you get a reputable balancer like Hyperion and use it with your Acccel 6 through dean charging.
      Someone I feel charging solo rather than balancing is safer. There are many cases of balance charging giving false voltages resulting in unbalanced lipos.
      Hi HDB,

i stop flying heli abt 1 year ago get hook on plane leh! especially my diy plane, currently flying every sunday morning at sengkang near the new CC.
      normaly after charging i cross check wif battery checker and multimeter seems ok difference is abt +/- 0.1 for every cell, now the charger can't charge till 4.19v per cell even new battry also shows 4.17 or 4.18

Comment

Its normal.
        All my lipos are at best 4.18V when fully charged.But usually they show 4.16V.
        Well, no wonder don't see you in Helicopter threads

Comment

Its normal.
          All my lipos are at best 4.18V when fully charged.But usually they show 4.16V.
          Some of my lipos r fully charged at 4.18V while some r fully charged at 4.22V.

So is the problem on the lipos?

Comment

Let me guess, you're using Balance Charge function and one of your cell always gets above 4.2V.
            High chance your balance charger has wrong voltage reading which results in above 4.2V because the readings are supposed to such that above 4.2V the charger will stop charing that particular cell.

Comment

Let me guess, you're using Balance Charge function and one of your cell always gets above 4.2V.
              High chance your balance charger has wrong voltage reading which results in above 4.2V because the readings are supposed to such that above 4.2V the charger will stop charing that particular cell.
              not 1 cell but all three cells at the same voltage., either full charged at 3.18V or 4.22V, depending on different lipos

Comment

You might want to use a multimeter to confirm the readings with your balancer charger.

Can I suggest, you use a balancer to balance your lipos, then charge them again but through dean this time. Once charged use multimeter to check voltages. If below 4.2V then its the balance charger function not accurate in voltage readings resulting in overcharging.

Even if the cells are defective, the balance charging should stop charging whichever cell is above 4.2V.

Comment

You might want to use a multimeter to confirm the readings with your balancer charger.

Can I suggest, you use a balancer to balance your lipos, then charge them again but through dean this time. Once charged use multimeter to check voltages. If below 4.2V then its the balance charger function not accurate in voltage readings resulting in overcharging.

Even if the cells are defective, the balance charging should stop charging whichever cell is above 4.2V.
                  Will do. Thanks for the advise
                  But first have to get/buy/loan 1 multimeter

Comment

hey guys, the accucel 6 charger will stop charging once any cell is at 4.2 V right? is this the protective function?

if 4.25V, the lipo will catch fire/explode mah?

i charged until 12.59V for my 3s before...then immediately stopped..

do you all use liposack?

Comment

Originally posted by pizza View Post
                      hey guys, the accucel 6 charger will stop charging once any cell is at 4.2 V right? is this the protective function?

if 4.25V, the lipo will catch fire/explode mah?

i charged until 12.59V for my 3s before...then immediately stopped..

do you all use liposack?
                      1) yes, charger SHOULD stop charging once the cell reach 4.2v....or rather, once it detect that the cell reach 4.2v. If the charger is not calibrated..... then the cell voltage may vary higher or lower...

2) catch fire/ explode - there is a chance but more likely it would bloat

3) It is recommended to use liposack. the purpose of liposack is to 'contain' the fire if a fire breaks out. You can do other things - e.g. use a earthen pot to put your batteries in when charging - just think of things to contain a potential fire.
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

i see..will the calibration of turnigy be so off that it overcharge?

hmm im thinking of getting a liposack, do u know where i can buy it cheap in singapore?

i feel that the drawback of using liposack is being unable to see if it is going to bloat/explode..if able to see, still can stop the charging on time to prevent an explosion

Comment

[QUOTE=pizza;471040]i see..will the calibration of turnigy be so off that it overcharge?

overcharge until above 4.25V i mean..but display it as 4.2V or lower..then explode

Comment

ah sorry for the multi posts..can't find the edit button..

when you change/solder the lipo connectors, gotta heat the heatshrink..do you guys use lighter's blue flame or blower for that? anyway, will the heat/flame being too near cause the lipo to explode?

what is the reccommended cable length of the lipo to ESCs?

Comment

Working...
                            X