Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the bottom of ur hull, u did not add any strakes. If you wana make it go faster, add some strakes. It helps to guide the water to the rear of the boat rather than to the side of the boat.

Here is the meaning of skrate : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strake

If u not too sure, look at the underside of various mono hulls. Real boats has them also.

Nice work thou.

Comment

Using my boat as an example : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/atta...1&d=1209256649

Comment

Dis is wat i call boat building.D materials u have used to make d rudder n all, is great. Looks like the painting was done by brush. I can see u've put in alot of hard work on d fittings. One need a lot of patience n skill do dat. Great work man. I envy u, seeing u've done well wit d cutting. I've been trying to cut 5" rails for my hydro and till 2day have not been able to get it right. Have messed up 5 rails n still trying.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
          Looking at the bottom of ur hull, u did not add any strakes. If you wana make it go faster, add some strakes. It helps to guide the water to the rear of the boat rather than to the side of the boat.

Here is the meaning of skrate : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strake

If u not too sure, look at the underside of various mono hulls. Real boats has them also.

Nice work thou.
          thanks for your advise and now then I know what is all that for

c how much I know about boat ..... even I can build

hehe upgrade program

Comment

Originally posted by 3ns View Post
            Dis is wat i call boat building.D materials u have used to make d rudder n all, is great. Looks like the painting was done by brush. I can see u've put in alot of hard work on d fittings. One need a lot of patience n skill do dat. Great work man. I envy u, seeing u've done well wit d cutting. I've been trying to cut 5" rails for my hydro and till 2day have not been able to get it right. Have messed up 5 rails n still trying.

Cheers
            thanks man, building a boat is totally diff from a plane ...... a new experience and fun for builder

Comment

Hi loyn.

Can u let me know where u got d Foam from? Looking for floatation to put in my boats.

Tks bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ns View Post
                Hi loyn.

Can u let me know where u got d Foam from? Looking for floatation to put in my boats.

Tks bro.
                for normal white low density foam u can easily get from bookstore

for higher density with or even blue foam u can get from artfriend or other art material store.

Comment

what power system are you using?
                  make it simple, make it strong, make it work!

Comment

Originally posted by redboat219 View Post
                    what power system are you using?
                    refer to reply 14

Comment

No problem. I'm still learning too.

Comment

thanks for the advise I have added the strakes to the bottom of the little toy boat. It sure give it more "character" ......

faster or not is not that important after all, but to keep the water going onto the deck

hope for good weekend weather to give it a try again

Comment

When are u going??? I bring my little boat along too.

Comment

looks great!
                            make it simple, make it strong, make it work!

Comment

Reminds me of my first few boat building attempts during sec sch
                              But i was only using cardboard and definitely nowhere as nice

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                                When are u going??? I bring my little boat along too.
                                bro dont like tat leh

your "little" is not that little .....

Comment

Working...
                                X