Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 12V Power Supply for my Triton Charger

Anyone has any 12V DC power supply to sell? Please PM me, prefer 10A + type. Mine just spoilt.. dammit....

shouldn't this be posted at the MARKET PLACE?!?!?

TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Ooops .. sorry!!

Comment

You might want to try heading down to Sim Lim Tower to get one.

This one I am using is rated at 8.5A. The supply is not 100% clean, but the fluctuation is only 0.05V.

Most shop I enquired is selling at $72-$80.

Supertron at level 3 is selling at $55.15.
        huh

Comment

i have one of those as well.

great stuff but can't power 2 triton...
          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Ths only thing I was too happy about this one is the exposed Live and Neutral wire. But I just didn't manage to find one that is safer for kids at home...

I dump a lot of hot glue on it to cover it up.
            huh

Comment

Hey fuse

If u intend to power 2Triton, U can either get a higher current version or get those with dual 12V supply.

I used to work as technician in semiconductor manufacturing. That time, I see alot of those power supply in manufacturing machine. I can't remember how many times I change those already. Anyway, they have all sort of size, current output and number of output. U just have to hunt for it

Super-Hornet

Comment

Oh.. BTW.. if yours do not give u exact 12V, most of the industrial PSU do have a small potential port to u to recalibrate it.

Super-Hornet

Comment

No need to be exact lar... but in my case.. it is slight fluctuations... that means the voltage varies from 12.04 to 12.10. this cannot be corrected by the potential meter.

It is not a major concern... cause before this, I was using a unregulated supply; setting it at 9V.. but the voltage fluctuates between 11-14V. Triton was still happy... I just could charge my 3S LiPos at more than 0.6A... any higher current will cause that unregulated supply to dip too much.

One store at Sim Lim that quoted me $75 was going "For R/C issit? Everyone bought this one..."
                  huh

Comment

Nic... sometime the potential port a bit of dirty or contact problem on that particular area. Sometime by tuning the port, the voltage will stabilize. Sometime it will fluctuate at certain voltage, so tunning it up or lower may sometime make it stabilize.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Thanks guys for all the information, will go to SLT to get one later.

Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                        Nic... sometime the potential port a bit of dirty or contact problem on that particular area. Sometime by tuning the port, the voltage will stabilize. Sometime it will fluctuate at certain voltage, so tunning it up or lower may sometime make it stabilize.

Super-Hornet
                        Thanks for the tip. Hehe.. think I going to leave it as it is... no complaints as long as I don't need to charge the dry cell so that I can charge the LiPos...
                        huh

Comment

Not long, a couple of weeks back, I saw those computer shops in Sim Lim Square carried switching power supply for notebook at 12V 3A rating for the output. It was about $40+. I believe that it would be good enough to power up the Triton unless you are doing high numbers of cells and current charging.

I have one of those at 5A rating, doing well for all my chargers. Very safe, not to worry about kid touching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Simys
                            Not long, a couple of weeks back, I saw those computer shops in Sim Lim Square carried switching power supply for notebook at 12V 3A rating for the output. It was about $40+. I believe that it would be good enough to power up the Triton unless you are doing high numbers of cells and current charging.

I have one of those at 5A rating, doing well for all my chargers. Very safe, not to worry about kid touching them.
                            Yea.. a shop at Sim Lim tower tried to sell me switching power supply (5A) at $38. It looks like a used unit from a Sony NB. Yup.. has Sony logo.
                            huh

Comment

Finally bought the PSU w/dual 12V output for SGD71 from Supertron SLT. Rated 12.5A, should be good enough for the Triton.

Comment

Working...
                              X