Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which machine to get- some thoughts

Got myself a 3 in 1 machine recently.Works great and a joy to use.
    I acquired a rotary table today and the limitations of the 3in 1 are showing.
    If you can spare the space, get the separates i.e mill and lathe.It will be more convenient without having to remove the accessories frequently to perform different tasks ( the table weighs a ton!).
    If you can't spare the space, then the 3 in 1 will perform everything the lathe can and almost everything the mill can ( convenience wise).
    Looks like I'll acquire a separate mill at a later stage if I get crazy enough and if I can find the space.

Yup, thanks for the advise If given the budget and space, separates should be first choice This is the same recommedation I gave to anyone who wanted to go with this hobby.

I sold a few 3 in 1 combo recently. Most buyer are prepared for the inconveince and most chose to bear with it given the small work area they had. Many had sound out once they are serious on the stuff they made, the will probably sell off the 3 in 1 in a year or so and go with separate machine

Subux, heres the link on information of operating a lathe.

I find it very resourceful covering operation to individual diff tooling. Great site.

Meanwhile, is it possible to take a pic of the part which u want to reduce the diameter and post in a new thread? I would like to see if we can receive any input on the clamping method

Mike

Comment

HZM, how much is the cost of one of these 3-1 machine? Been looking to get one. Shearlines are a bit too ex.
      Please PM me.Thks

Comment

Hi X-man welcome onboard, just click on the pic below my posting

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hey HZM,

I just give your product cataloge to one of company's engineer whom is interested to buy a small milling machine. I even give him your contact number today. Very soon he will call you for a chat. His name is Chew. Don't forget give me commission if he buys.

Comment

Thanks for the referral

Mike

Comment

Like to thanks Mike (also the best salesman) for bring in all these mill & lathe , got myself a 3in1 and what suxbux said is very true and separate system is the best option

And to add on, it make thing really easy for me know, like last night I made 8pcs of 6mm links for approx. 3.5 hrs only that include cutting, fine cut, drill center & drilling holes for tapping, all sui sui . Previously without using lathe, I spent halfday just to make 4 links only and some holes are bengkok one but usable

The 3in1 is a good investment if you are serious in this hobby.
              I'll try to post some review or even pic after I do some serious milling

So Sherline better watch out here comes ...eh... sorry don't even know this 3in1 brand

Comment

Working...
              X