Clear All

lipo charger recommendation

hello all hobbyists,

anyone can recommend a good lipo balance chargers

that u have use and happy with

cheers
    kelvin

up to how many s batteries?

for up to 6s, the hyperion 0610i are pretty gd for money. balancing within .02v

up to 5s, the imax b5 is not bad also within .02v

somehow i still feel external balancers are abit more accurate, up to .01v between cells
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

TP-1010C wif TP-210

Comment

hi johndyl.
        currently charging 2x3s TPv2 2200mah battery with imaxB6 using 6s ports and Y connector, taking up to 3 to 4 hrs to balance charge.
        even balance charging 3s alone takes just as long.

hi adrianli,
        how fast does the TP-1010C takes to balance charge on yr batt ?

Comment

I'm using Mega Power Poseidon-860DS to charge my 3S batteries which I use for my MT. Takes about 45mins to 1 hour to balance charge back 1400mAh using 1.9A to 2A. Using multimeter to measure, the difference is always within 0.01v to 0.02v between cell, and the cell voltage is at 4.19v (for new batteries) after charge.

So far have no complain except I wish the alarm sound can be louder and also have configurable alarm sound level.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvinlow View Post
            hi johndyl.
            currently charging 2x3s TPv2 2200mah battery with imaxB6 using 6s ports and Y connector, taking up to 3 to 4 hrs to balance charge.
            even balance charging 3s alone takes just as long.

hi adrianli,
            how fast does the TP-1010C takes to balance charge on yr batt ?
            the one that adrian mentioned is a separate 10s charger and balancer system

the trick abt balance charging 2x3s is u gotta measure the cell voltages before u charge. if the voltages vary by alot, then the charger will not pump in alot of current.. it'll be trying to balance them first. even when used as a single 6s pack, the end cell voltages maybe different

the hyperion i am using balance charges pretty decently. definitely faster than what u mentioned.
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

thanks guys for all the info

cheers

Comment

Turnigy Accucel 6 ! ...10 times better than my freaking Imax B8 at 1/4 of the price !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                  Turnigy Accucel 6 ! ...10 times better than my freaking Imax B8 at 1/4 of the price !
                  Exactly. i think this one quite cheap. similar to IMAX B6 if not wrong with exhaust fan too.
                  Optic6 with Corona 2.4GHz
                  Mix flying, crawling, running.

Comment

Originally posted by chngee View Post
                    Exactly. i think this one quite cheap. similar to IMAX B6 if not wrong with exhaust fan too.
                    yeah. gt a inbuilt fan. i using it, price is really cheap and similar to imax b6. but tink dun have the usb function and the temp probe seem to be quite troublesome to make it usable too.
                    sigpic

Helis:
                    Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
                    Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
                    Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
                    Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
                    Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Comment

if your budget can stretch abit , i suggest GT power A8 - up to 8 cells bal/charg
                      takes approx 1hour to charge up my 3s lipo at 2A

get from rotor...

Comment

lipo charger rite ?
                        cellpro

Comment

Originally posted by nacar View Post
                          I'm using Mega Power Poseidon-860DS to charge my 3S batteries which I use for my MT. Takes about 45mins to 1 hour to balance charge back 1400mAh using 1.9A to 2A. Using multimeter to measure, the difference is always within 0.01v to 0.02v between cell, and the cell voltage is at 4.19v (for new batteries) after charge.

So far have no complain except I wish the alarm sound can be louder and also have configurable alarm sound level.

yeah same here! i just wish the beep will be loud haha eh how you deal wiith the dishcarging and charging heat ? or just leave it? haha just wanna share. i just leave it !
                          tt-01!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farhanians View Post
                            yeah same here! i just wish the beep will be loud haha eh how you deal wiith the dishcarging and charging heat ? or just leave it? haha just wanna share. i just leave it !
                            I use external power supply, not the in-built one. 3S charging is very cool. 6S charging is a little warm from the 2nd batt onwards, 1st batt is cool.

Comment

Huggable is using the Tahmazo T15, with built-in balancer.
                              RC Heavy Haulers Singapore
                              Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/292748907461271/
                              Visit our thread at http://rchh.co.nr

Comment

Working...
                              X