Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never own or use an ATG, but from what I gathered, ATG in active mode works as a limiter.. (CY claims "more then a limiter") anyway, in active mode, the ATG lets' you run your set throttle curve, while limiting the set head speed. ie, if you set your throttle curve to 0,30,70, and set 1900rpm on your ATG Then I guess your actual head speed will not reach your desire 1900rpm as the throttle curve should be below 1900rpm even at full throttle, and ATG governor mode will not kick in unless it sense over speeding.. But when you set your throttle curve to 100% flat.. Then your headspeed will be limited to 1900rpm, as ATG will kick in to limit over speeding.

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
      Think you already know, but the way you set a throttle curve for electric and nitro are totally different. For nitro, 100% throttle point can be 2500rpm or 1700rpm depending on your pitch. On electric it will be near the headspeed you want, just the amp goes up or down with pitch.
      Yeah, I'll be using something like 80-60-80 estimated but will need to confirm after flying it.
      I just need to know if it is correct that the RPM we set on ATG refers to the 100% mark on the curve.
      Which means to say if I am correct that if I set to 2000RPM and on Active, 80% curve should give me around 1600RPM .... right?

Comment

No. A nitro governor doesn't quite work that way. You will need to set the gain channel of the governor to set the rpm.

sigpic

Comment

Oh,
          What is your throttle like for idle up?
          I'm on +11 -11 for idle and I set my ATG to 1900 RPM on Active.

Comment

My throttle is around 100 65 50 65 100. Pitch +/-12.
            RPM was around 2020-2050. Now not sure, just got new ring in.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
              My throttle is around 100 65 50 65 100. Pitch +/-12.
              RPM was around 2020-2050. Now not sure, just got new ring in.
              So with the Gov does your engine over rev at mid stick during punch downs?

Comment

The ATG in active mode will increase the rev every time you reduce the load on the head. This is a "feature" of the ATG to produce more pop. Yes, this is a feature of the ATG.

On mine, it overspeed in a hover, it overspeed in an inverted hover, it overspeed in a tail slide, it overspeed...I will be trying to adjust the governor settings and my throttle curve a bit and see how it goes.

sigpic

Comment

Ok. I feel in a way it is good. At least when I the headspeed is high throughout, in case I need to punch suddenly, there bogging may be lesser ... correct?
                  Now I may face a problem.
                  That is at 100% throttle curve, what will the headspeed be like? As per my setting of 1900RPM or less?
                  Should be higher, cause at fully opened the headspeed should be alot higher than 1900 .... right?

Why don't you try to increase the Low throttle setting and test it out?

Keep me updated pls, I am curious to know the results

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
                    Ok. I feel in a way it is good. At least when I the headspeed is high throughout, in case I need to punch suddenly, there bogging may be lesser ... correct?
                    Now I may face a problem.
                    That is at 100% throttle curve, what will the headspeed be like? As per my setting of 1900RPM or less?
                    Should be higher, cause at fully opened the headspeed should be alot higher than 1900 .... right?

Why don't you try to increase the Low throttle setting and test it out?

Keep me updated pls, I am curious to know the results
                    HDB, why not start a thread to discuss about the ATG or settings of governor. I don't think CKS will mind, but I feel we are already very off topic in his 600N thread.

Yeah, the overspeeding is good if I am running 1900rpm and the thing overspeed to 2050 or so around mid stick, but not too good if I want to run 2100 and the bugger overspeed to 2250 or more...

I am not sure if I am reading your question correctly. If I am, then perhaps you might want to read up a bit on setting up governors. On a governor, or even the ATG in the active mode, your headspeed will not go over the rpm you set on the governor, wheather you are at 100% throttle curve or not. Your throttle curve will not control the rpm your governor will try to control because its all done by the aux channel of the governor.

Maybe I wasn't quite clear in my previous reply, but my overspeeding occurs around mid-stick. When the head is loaded, the rpm is pretty consistent, but once I relax a bit, the rpm just goes up by a bit more than I like. I might try to decrease my low throttle setting because its overspeeding quite badly around mid stick region. Somehow it just feels slower to respond than a TJ pro and I am already in digital servo mode with 9254, which rightfully shouldn't be the case.

yeah, will update you if I sort it out.

sigpic

Comment

Hey im cool with the discussing going on here .. ive not been replying because ive been busy sorting things (pics mainly) .. landed only yesterday morning.

And ive been using only the BASIC mode in ATG together with a reliable tach, have not tried the ACTIVE mode which is supposed to be more intelligent in managing the headspeed? so i cant really comment on it.

Oh and .. somehow the 'set headspeed' on the ATG was 100+ rpm slower than the wanted headspeed on my Stratus. I trust the tach (Skytach), have tested it on few other helis at that time. So I think its quite important to at least tach it a few time after changing the settings on the gov.

The gear ratio is 8.18 and ATG is set at 8.2 (the closest i can get).
                      Heli:
                      . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                      . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                      . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                      . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                      . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                      . Ok Model Medallion
                      . E*Star Storch
                      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                      . Canon 7D & 500D
                      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                      . Canon 85mm f1.8
                      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

bird may have stolen it?
                        flamboyant scheme you've got on the canopy?
                        no really.. ive heard of bird graping away canopy left on the balcony for drying

Btw if anyone has any 600N canopy clips for sale today, pls let me know, I'll need it.
                        My stock canopy was either stolen or thrown away, right at my door step while it was drying from the clear spray
                        Heli:

Plane:
                        . Ok Model Medallion
                        . E*Star Storch
                        . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                        . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                        . Canon 7D & 500D
                        . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                        . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                        . Canon 85mm f1.8
                        . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

CKS, pls share with me your high end and low end needle turns.
                          I'm still running in the Redline. 3rd tank done today on 4 turns high end needle, doing hovering and gradual slow punch, very responsive .... I'm very excited about this engine.

I am using ATG on Active 2000RPM with TC 8/40/80 and PC +11/0/-11.
                          The RPM is low, but once I hit slightly more than half throttle, RPM suddenly shoots up to a constant high but not too high.
                          I suspect for Active mode, once above a certain stick and it doesnt get the expected RPM readings, the ATG will take over the throttle servo and open up till the correct RPM is reached .... but thats only my feel about it.

Any comments????

Comment

My main needle is at 2.8 to 3 turns .. idle needle at 2 turns
                            using hatori 523, cp30% with stock glowplug and no additional head gasket.

hm.. are you using the gov already?
                            don't think its a gd idea to enable it while running in / tuning ..

CKS, pls share with me your high end and low end needle turns.
                            I'm still running in the Redline. 3rd tank done today on 4 turns high end needle, doing hovering and gradual slow punch, very responsive .... I'm very excited about this engine.

I am using ATG on Active 2000RPM with TC 8/40/80 and PC +11/0/-11.
                            The RPM is low, but once I hit slightly more than half throttle, RPM suddenly shoots up to a constant high but not too high.
                            I suspect for Active mode, once above a certain stick and it doesnt get the expected RPM readings, the ATG will take over the throttle servo and open up till the correct RPM is reached .... but thats only my feel about it.

Any comments????
                            Heli:

Plane:
                            . Ok Model Medallion
                            . E*Star Storch
                            . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                            . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                            . Canon 7D & 500D
                            . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                            . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                            . Canon 85mm f1.8
                            . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

CKS you've got a good point. I will go switch to Normal instead of Active.
                              I have a question.
                              Say for example at 100% throttle curve, the engine can shoot to 2300RPM.
                              So I set my ATG on Normal to work as a limiter and set RPM at 1900RPM.
                              So can I safely say that if I set my Throttle curve to 0/50/100, that means at about three quarter to full stick the RPM will be around 1900RPM?
                              Reason being at three quarter stick, the RPM already hit 1900RPM and any further the ATG will kick in and hold the valve to maintain the RPM and disregard the throttle signals ...
                              Is this correct on how the Normal mode works????

Comment

Er.. disable it totally when running in/tuning.

Im not sure how the rest of the guys perform their needle tuning, but i'd punch/load it up full throttle (inverted & upright), then go into hover to feel the transition. And load it up with lots of changing throttle movement by lots of tictoc to feel the transition..

With the governor, we can't be sure if its really full throttle when we wanted it to.

In basic mode, the ATG will try to govern the headspeed to the set headspeed if the throttle point goes above certain percentage (25% i think?). So for "Throttle curve 0/50/100", the throttle should be at idling at low throttle stick, and 1900rpm from 25%-100% stick position.

CKS you've got a good point. I will go switch to Normal instead of Active.
                                I have a question.
                                Say for example at 100% throttle curve, the engine can shoot to 2300RPM.
                                So I set my ATG on Normal to work as a limiter and set RPM at 1900RPM.
                                So can I safely say that if I set my Throttle curve to 0/50/100, that means at about three quarter to full stick the RPM will be around 1900RPM?
                                Reason being at three quarter stick, the RPM already hit 1900RPM and any further the ATG will kick in and hold the valve to maintain the RPM and disregard the throttle signals ...
                                Is this correct on how the Normal mode works????
                                Heli:

Plane:
                                . Ok Model Medallion
                                . E*Star Storch
                                . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                                . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                                . Canon 7D & 500D
                                . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                                . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                                . Canon 85mm f1.8
                                . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide