Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fong View Post
    Hi

Anybody know where to get Step down voltage regulator to connect between Gyro and Servo?
    Rotor & Mocking Birds

Comment

CKS, how's the states.
      Better go find some LHS to get a healthy dose of "i don't have enough cash".

Anyway, how's the redline so far.
      This is in terms of reliability, raw power, and overall engine characteristics.
      As compared to the hyper?
      Any issues i need to be aware of.

Just killed my 3rd hyper, so i'm soo thinking redline.
      Go online!

Thanx!
      SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

That's one hell of a quickey method to "Run in" your clutch

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
        I had the throttle reversed. Lucky Edmond had a very firm grip on the rotor head.

Comment

Fish man, I must have been dreaming too not to spot that part lol. It was reversed all the while and we proceeded to start like nothing is happening lol. Thank God, I had a good hold lol, have first hand experience of redline's torque kekeke.

Wei Yao,

I am actually fairly unhappy with Hyper OS 50, seems a bit too fragile for me. I did my first overhaul and believed I went through only 10 gallons at most, did not quite expect the piston ring to wear out so easily, it broke and I believe it got jammed in the exhaust port and took a chunk off the piston from there. Not to forget the bearings too, I heard 2 redline running so far and I must say the way it idles put OS50's bearings to shame, so bloody noisy.
          Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
            Fish man, I must have been dreaming too not to spot that part lol. It was reversed all the while and we proceeded to start like nothing is happening lol. Thank God, I had a good hold lol, have first hand experience of redline's torque kekeke.

Wei Yao,

I am actually fairly unhappy with Hyper OS 50, seems a bit too fragile for me. I did my first overhaul and believed I went through only 10 gallons at most, did not quite expect the piston ring to wear out so easily, it broke and I believe it got jammed in the exhaust port and took a chunk off the piston from there. Not to forget the bearings too, I heard 2 redline running so far and I must say the way it idles put OS50's bearings to shame, so bloody noisy.
            Hey ed,

You darn right about the hypers
            I've gone thru 3, and always some chunk would break off and hit some other chunk.

Looks like the redline is the route i'm willing to go.

Thanx!
            SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

You guys with dead OS are not alone...since I started using the hyper almost 3years ago, I had a new hobby-collecting pistons.

I have tried new con-rod, cylinder liner and bearings with no significant difference. Tried different fuel too. I find that I always hear a magical click sound when the ring goes in flight. The damage always seems to be on the piston above the e-clip hole. I don't do anything more than 17400rpm on the engine and in recent time, I have been running so rich that I am only getting 7mins off a raptor tank. Just got a new ring and piston in last week...again...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                You guys with dead OS are not alone...since I started using the hyper almost 3years ago, I had a new hobby-collecting pistons.

I have tried new con-rod, cylinder liner and bearings with no significant difference. Tried different fuel too. I find that I always hear a magical click sound when the ring goes in flight. The damage always seems to be on the piston above the e-clip hole. I don't do anything more than 17400rpm on the engine and in recent time, I have been running so rich that I am only getting 7mins off a raptor tank. Just got a new ring and piston in last week...again...
                bro. how you know if your OS is dieing, any sign.. My 600n is running abt 7min with spare header tanks.
                YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
                JGF500th
                CC45
                Hitec 65HB x 3
                Futaba 9257
                Futaba GY401
                [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
                Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
                e-STATION BC6
                kong lipo
                Dualsky
                ace RC
                x TREAM

Comment

Man those pics looked damn bloody similar to mine! i thought I heard a loud click sound followed by a dive in rpm. Was fumbling to see what happened and thought the glow plug went dead. Put in a new one and needed something like 60% throttle to start engine, a friend later helped to see and alas, no more compression lol.

I am using carbsmart and I am barely flying 730 minutes, plenty of power for now lol and I wondering how that will last. Roger saw me fly last week and wondered how come the way I run in my engine is like wacking the bugger kekeke, I dun care liao!

Boo Saa, normally we are most concerned with bearings, they dun last at all and no matter how you run it rich or baby the thing, the bearings will go. You can identify one by listening to how noisy it rattles while idling. For overall engine health, as long as you are able to get good compression and consistent flight after flight, you are good to go. Tell tale signs of increasing idle throttle over time is what I experienced prior to a total failure, prob about 3 weeks (18-24flights).

Comment

Originally posted by boo_saa View Post
                    bro. how you know if your OS is dieing, any sign.. My 600n is running abt 7min with spare header tanks.
                    I don't think there is any symptoms for mine. From what I felt is that usually it will fly very good the weekend before. Then the very weekend the ring goes, it will start to load up a bit more than usual. After the damage has been done, you will notice your heli still continue flying, but the very moment you reduce throttle to land, the engine will quit. Cranking the engine with the starter will also give a totally different tone from usual.

sigpic

Comment

The problem is with the bearings. change it the moment there's audible difference to the engine.. or better still.. just open the back plate to check after week-end flight.. simple few minutes job.. But I make it a point to change the bearing every 2 - 3 months

Comment

Hot but fun! and sorry dude didnt get the stuff.. I spend too much time in conference/shopping outlets/and some canyon so didnt managed to visit hobbyshop. Will be stopping over at Japan in 10hrs time for short holiday.

Ive yet to fly the trex600N hard on the redline, have only gone through 0.8gallon or so ... will be bashing it soon after 2gallon.

C u guys soon
                        Originally posted by lu wei yao View Post
                        CKS, how's the states.
                        Better go find some LHS to get a healthy dose of "i don't have enough cash".

Anyway, how's the redline so far.
                        This is in terms of reliability, raw power, and overall engine characteristics.
                        As compared to the hyper?
                        Any issues i need to be aware of.

Just killed my 3rd hyper, so i'm soo thinking redline.
                        Go online!

Thanx!
                        Last edited by CKS; 11-08-2008, 02:08 PM.
                        Heli:
                        . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                        . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                        . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                        . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                        . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                        . Ok Model Medallion
                        . E*Star Storch
                        . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                        . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                        . Canon 7D & 500D
                        . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                        . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                        . Canon 85mm f1.8
                        . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

I don't think there is any symptoms for mine. From what I felt is that usually it will fly very good the weekend before. Then the very weekend the ring goes, it will start to load up a bit more than usual. After the damage has been done, you will notice your heli still continue flying, but the very moment you reduce throttle to land, the engine will quit. Cranking the engine with the starter will also give a totally different tone from usual.
                          Hmmm, I have pretty similar experience with you actually, esp the engine quiting on the end of the flight, I was wondering why it kept doing that.

Comment

Does anyone from north or east has the canopy clip to sell me?
                            Or can advise anyone has used the R50 ones to mod to fit your 600N canopy?

Comment

Anyone with experience on ATG? I have a question.
                              I am going to use Active, instead of Multi mode.
                              At the RPM settings, I set as 1900RPM.
                              What does this mean??? Does it mean the max 100% curve is supposed to reach 1900RPM and from there I put my curve at 100% straight for idle modes?

Comment

Multi mode=basic+active mode

Basic mode=don't bother with it, totally no power in my experience.

Active mode. Set governor off. Set throttle curve as per normal 3d flight. Turn on governor. Fly. Don't use a flat curve with active mode. Active mode has overspeeding, so be mentally prepared that your headspeed when unloaded will shoot up, THAT IS NORMAL. Nout sure about your setup, but on my atg and 9C, the a G-view rpm is a lot lower than my actual rpm.

Think you already know, but the way you set a throttle curve for electric and nitro are totally different. For nitro, 100% throttle point can be 2500rpm or 1700rpm depending on your pitch. On electric it will be near the headspeed you want, just the amp goes up or down with pitch.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X