Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tufaz its really that hard.
    I did not put on the 2 screws for the mount.
    The fan mount cannot go into the crankshaft at all, need to use brute force to push and turn before they can go in.
    Then I guess the mount is the cause of the problem.
    As for the ranch, the one I using does not have enough clearance for prop nut to slot in after screwing to a certain depth.
    Where can I buy the TT screw wrench?

Comment

I bought the wrench from rotor.. few dollars only.. one of those we use to remove glow plug..

My first build was something like what you have describe.. But really not that hard lah.. That time.. I did not use the washer from the Engine.. nearly wanted to file down the main shaft

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
      Tufaz its really that hard.
      I did not put on the 2 screws for the mount.
      The fan mount cannot go into the crankshaft at all, need to use brute force to push and turn before they can go in.
      Then I guess the mount is the cause of the problem.
      As for the ranch, the one I using does not have enough clearance for prop nut to slot in after screwing to a certain depth.
      Where can I buy the TT screw wrench?

Comment

I bought the Cross Wrench 8, 9, 10, 12mm Product Code : [EX1025] but it turned out that the clearance still not enough to let the threaded crankshaft go in

My friend just called me, he tried the fan mount on this Redline, all are NIP, same mine. He can at most push in about 1mm and it's stuck.

Looks like we need to sand down the internal walls of the mount

I felt like drilling the hole inside the wrench to make it bigger but don't have that size

Comment

Then something is wrong somewhere.. Mine can push all the way through.. then use the lock nut to push it tight.. Not much effort.. Just need to put a screw driver across the fan for support.. then turn.. tight liao..

Try heating the fan mount at 180 degree for 15 minutes.. then push it in using the fan for support..

Brute force not very good lah bro.. Better take a rest.. have a nice warm shower.. pop a cup of highly charged espresso.. Then get back at it again..

I bought the Cross Wrench 8, 9, 10, 12mm Product Code : [EX1025] but it turned out that the clearance still not enough to let the threaded crankshaft go in

My friend just called me, he tried the fan mount on this Redline, all are NIP, same mine. He can at most push in about 1mm and it's stuck.

Looks like we need to sand down the internal walls of the mount

I felt like drilling the hole inside the wrench to make it bigger but don't have that size

Comment

HDB dude.. did you check for any free play to your redline main crank shaft? I think this engine has lot's of play. ie, when you push the shaft from the front, the back may reach far enough to touch the edge of the groove for the con rod. Hence, when you mount your fan and push while you turn the shaft, such action may cause the con rod to sub against the groove. Maybe not all redline like that lah, but do be careful..

Comment

I just bought another wrench from Rotor. This time round it is correct finally.
              I have sand off the internal alittle and now the mount and go in but need slightly bit of pushing.
              There is something I noticed. After turning in the prop nut, the fan is firm and does not turn when I force it hard. But when I pull the fan there is tiny little play for the crankshaft to go up and down, very very little play. Is is normal or does the fan have to be dead tight without any movement?

Comment

Yep.. Same here.. Got tiny little play.. Wonder if should use a thicker washer??

I just bought another wrench from Rotor. This time round it is correct finally.
                I have sand off the internal alittle and now the mount and go in but need slightly bit of pushing.
                There is something I noticed. After turning in the prop nut, the fan is firm and does not turn when I force it hard. But when I pull the fan there is tiny little play for the crankshaft to go up and down, very very little play. Is is normal or does the fan have to be dead tight without any movement?

Comment

Waiting for epoxy to cure on the sensor. Just configured ATG, I must say it really is idiotproof.

The dont think can finish tonight. Still got all the linkages, adjustment of fan shroud, fixing up of sensor, etc ... long way to go

Just got my final piece of jigsaw, Hatori 523

Tufaz, did you put any header tank for your 600N? I bought the Raptor type, wondering how I can use the holes on frame to fix it up.

Comment

HDB, I use the TT metal frame spacer, and mount it with a set screw to the hole nearest to the main tank.

Waiting for epoxy to cure on the sensor. Just configured ATG, I must say it really is idiotproof.

The dont think can finish tonight. Still got all the linkages, adjustment of fan shroud, fixing up of sensor, etc ... long way to go

Just got my final piece of jigsaw, Hatori 523

Tufaz, did you put any header tank for your 600N? I bought the Raptor type, wondering how I can use the holes on frame to fix it up.

Comment

I use the ATG stock bracket, but mod shorter.
                      Shrink tubed the end part and firm with epoxy, works like a charm.

Look at Align's new range of servos for their 500 and 600/700 series Look at the price
                      Lucky I got a good deal of 3 x 9255 else I'll be

Had a hard time trying to get 5V set on my Arizona regulator. End up 5.03V closest. Gives me good sleep to know I am using this voltage on 4.8V rated 9255s.
                      But I will hot glue the connects from Gyro to regulator, they seem to be weak in joint. Last thing I want is to have the gyro connector coming loose

Comment

Yea im having some problem too, but i guess applying some lube wouldnt hurt? since its actually required in another heli that uses collet for fan to engine alignment.

For RL53+align fan mount, i actually had to turn the nut to push the mount down. Im using the same tool as what tucfaz had mentioned.

I am having some problem with my Redline's prop nut and the engine fan mount.
                        Firstly, the engine fan mount does not go smoothly throughly onto crankshaft. I had to force till I bruised my hands. I think I may have damaged the mount, alot of fillings were produced from all the pushing and turning.

Secondly, I cannot turn the prop nut fully into the thread of the crankshaft. Mainly because the ranch does not have through-hole clearance for the threaded crankshaft.

Thirdly, I dont know if I should change the metal fan, I am worried all the hard turning may have bent the fan and will cause vibration later on.

Pls advise on
                        1.Should I change the entire engine fan mount or it is default the align fan mount does not go into the TT Redline smoothly
                        2.Where to buy the bloody ranch that will have enough clearance
                        3.Should I change the fan.

Fyi guys, I broke my ranch last night after midnight while trying to tighten the prop nut. The crankshaft actually self tapped into the ranch! End up I had to use pilers to turn the prop nut by sheer brute force

It is a bad night
                        Heli:
                        . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                        . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                        . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                        . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                        . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                        . Ok Model Medallion
                        . E*Star Storch
                        . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                        . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                        . Canon 7D & 500D
                        . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                        . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                        . Canon 85mm f1.8
                        . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Just tested a header tank of 30% at 6turn today. Engine sound is sweet. Prior to that, I had a big fright that shrunk some balls eg. Edmond & Victor.
                          I had the throttle reversed. Lucky Edmond had a very firm grip on the rotor head.
                          End up people's fume comes from exhaust, my comes from fan shroud. That was running in for my clutch .... But luckily no one was hurt except the shrinking of body parts

I must say this is going to be hell lots of fun awaiting me from this heli.

Comment

Btw if anyone has any 600N canopy clips for sale today, pls let me know, I'll need it.
                            My stock canopy was either stolen or thrown away, right at my door step while it was drying from the clear spray

Comment

step down voltage regulator for Gyro Servo

Hi

Anybody know where to get Step down voltage regulator to connect between Gyro and Servo?

Comment

Go to Daddyhobby home page. There are many vendors you can hyperlink to.

Comment

Working...
                                X