Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3S 2200 mah Lipo Cost

Hi guys,

Just wanna find out what brand & how much you guys bought for your 3S 2200 mah Lipo?

Care to share it here?

depends on brand and makes. can be as cheap as $50, can be as expensive as $120. I know of some brands which is pretty good below $100, Fusion-pack, dualsky, Kong Power, Vislero, Revolectric are all very good lipo that priced below $100 ranging from $70 to $90+

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
      Hi guys,

Just wanna find out what brand & how much you guys bought for your 3S 2200 mah Lipo?

Care to share it here?
      No more inputs?

Comment

I ever bought a 3E 2200mAh 3s 20C pack at 50bucks, not bad, but i killed it using on my AJX.

There are oso many cheap 2200 pack, like zippy, loong-max, hextronics. Each pack shld be less den 50bucks. Yummy uh?!
        Spektrum DX7
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LouisLLH View Post
          I ever bought a 3E 2200mAh 3s 20C pack at 50bucks, not bad, but i killed it using on my AJX.

There are oso many cheap 2200 pack, like zippy, loong-max, hextronics. Each pack shld be less den 50bucks. Yummy uh?!
          ya, the zippy lipos looked yummy, wonder how are the performance?

Comment

ya, the zippy lipos looked yummy, wonder how are the performance?
            I have 5packs of zippy 3x 1300mAh and 2x 1000mAh one, the 1300 pack had gone through about 10+ flights, no bloat, im able to vertical my Supersonic all the way. For the 1000 pack, i have no comments, coz its only gone through 2 cycles. haha.. new is always gd one.

Since i started R/C, i used b4 Dualsky, TP, 3E, zippy and hyperion pack. The most value for money is Dualsky i shld say, my 2200 pack had gone through 80 over cycles, power is still there even now. As compare to TP, one of my TP only 60+ cycles and died liao, in my point of view, for the price of it, i personally dun think its worth the buy. Im not saying tat TP is not gd, but this is wad i had experienced. Maybe my pack special, die easily.
            Spektrum DX7
            sigpic

Comment

I have 5packs of zippy 3x 1300mAh and 2x 1000mAh one, the 1300 pack had gone through about 10+ flights, no bloat, im able to vertical my Supersonic all the way. For the 1000 pack, i have no comments, coz its only gone through 2 cycles. haha.. new is always gd one.

Since i started R/C, i used b4 Dualsky, TP, 3E, zippy and hyperion pack. The most value for money is Dualsky i shld say, my 2200 pack had gone through 80 over cycles, power is still there even now. As compare to TP, one of my TP only 60+ cycles and died liao, in my point of view, for the price of it, i personally dun think its worth the buy. Im not saying tat TP is not gd, but this is wad i had experienced. Maybe my pack special, die easily.
              yup, can't agree more...dualsky 25C is superb!....
              my dualsky is still punching strong till i gave up counting on the cycles.
              one of them tend to bloat after flight but become normal after charging.

cheers!

Comment

Hehehe.. I shall push my Dualsky to its limits, try 100 cycles.. Hopefully it still hold by then.

Btw uh, how to know whether the pack is gonna die ah? Worry the pack suddenly died in the flight. *touch wood*
                Spektrum DX7
                sigpic

Comment

hard to say man.
                  electronic can fail anytime...even when you are very careful.
                  as a precaution, i will retire the battery when :
                  a) it bloats (even after charging)
                  b) starts to lose the punch
                  c) take long time to balance

cheers!

Comment

time to retire the pack when,
                    1.it lacks punch by alot..
                    2.when it bloats, one cell or 2? the power will usually be gone within 10 cycles or so
                    3.most importantly, when u cannot charge back what u usually use.. eg if for a 3s 2200 pack on a 450, u usually use 1700, and now u can only put back 800 and the charger beeps, the batt has developed high resistance and it is time to retire it

my Tp extremes(old version), one is on 110 cycles now, another bloated when it was 105.

zippy - standard, no H or anything, 75 cycles 1 cells bloated

tp extreme v2(older pink version) - 65, 1 cell starting weaken or slight bloat
                    fp evo 25 - 60 lost power
                    pq - same as fp

batts are used on a 450 heli only running 3k hs, nothing else

imo, it is no harm giving the cheapo packs >20Ca try. china cells pretty good now and they should easily last >50 cycles

as a tip, when picking china packs, dont go for packs with a high C rating but a low wt. it usually means the pack is over-rated and it is more likely the rating is a burst rating rather than continuous.
                    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

As compare to TP, one of my TP only 60+ cycles and died liao, in my point of view, for the price of it, i personally dun think its worth the buy. Im not saying tat TP is not gd, but this is wad i had experienced. Maybe my pack special, die easily.
                      Ya ya ya, i agreed wif u, my TP also died ard 60+ cycle. So is not ur pack special.

Comment

Ya ya ya, i agreed wif u, my TP also died ard 60+ cycle. So is not ur pack special.
                        Give Fusion-pack a try, it's damn good! i did 20+ flights no bloat or lost of power. Definetely better than most pack out there.
                        Fly Fly away...................

Comment

Thanks Loderunner and Johndyl!!!

Im using 2 Dualsky packs on my AJX, flight time only 4mins now, previously was 6mins for 2 packs. Now 4mins flight, im charging back about 700-1000mAh on each pack, both pack charge back more or less the same mAh, thus im not draining more on one batt, both are equal.

My packs have not bloat b4, always balance charge, charging at 1.7A, using hyperion charger.

So far there is still abit of punch but not alot, able to vertical for awhile. Normal flying stick is about half - 3/4, most of the time 3/4. After flight, pack is slightly warm, maybe 20-30degrees or lesser.

This situation still alright??

my Tp extremes(old version), one is on 110 cycles now, another bloated when it was 105.

zippy - standard, no H or anything, 75 cycles 1 cells bloated

tp extreme v2(older pink version) - 65, 1 cell starting weaken or slight bloat
                          fp evo 25 - 60 lost power
                          pq - same as fp
                          Weirdo, seen both of ur commends on the packs, branded packs dun last long..
                          Spektrum DX7
                          sigpic

Comment

try kong power , its like 85+ dollars but should be ok

Comment

So far there is still abit of punch but not alot, able to vertical for awhile. Normal flying stick is about half - 3/4, most of the time 3/4. After flight, pack is slightly warm, maybe 20-30degrees or lesser.

This situation still alright??
                              bro, the battery looks OK but you never know....
                              for the lack of punch, think your AJX setup probably need to run on 4S lah. but you can confirm with edmund or daniel lah..cos, they are ex-AJX pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X