• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehh , forgot to add .
    try kong powers from RCE, its kinda good i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
      if youre on a budget now i think fusion packs are going for 70 dollars , 3s
      yes. im looking at that one too. Value for money and as stated by you guys, lasts longer than TP batteries.
      Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny View Post
        which battery are you talking about? Im looking for batteries now because my ACE batteries are giving way alr. The scorpion demands more! Any battery packs you guys recommend?
        danny, i was talking abt the zippy normal label ones.. maybe i was lucky.. i bought 2 packs to test abt 4-5mths back and expected them to bloat within the 45day warranty period, so i didnt condition them and just flew them normally from day 1.. to my surprise, they survived and power just went on and on..

didnt need balancing at all when charging until 1 pack bloated(left it fully charged used for 2 weeks). that pack bloated at ard 70+ cycles.. i think if i didnt leave it unused for 2 weeks, it would still have go on and on..

these packs were used with the 430xl motor and scorpion 2221-8 running in excess of 3k hs. +/- 11 to 12 with 6.5 on the cyclics, f8,flying mostly tic tocs some 1/2 piroflips, some 1/2 assed funnels..mild stuff not hard stuff like u guys do.. 4min 10s flights to 4.5mins

i keep my batts in the fridge and charge them usually at 1/2 C only, always balanced and checked with multimeter(maybe that helps?)

some guys are testing with the zippy-H now and i am awaiting their longevity results also i have heard the zippy-r lose power after a certain no. of cycles and that maybe consistent with enerland cells.

one more thing also.. i think a person doing 20 cycles a week vs a person doing 5 cycles a week is more likely to squeeze more "usuable life" outta the pack.
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl View Post
          i keep my batts in the fridge and charge them usually at 1/2 C only, always balanced and checked with multimeter(maybe that helps?)
          Y need to keep the batts in the fridge?

Comment

Y need to keep in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
              Y need to keep the batts in the fridge?
              because lipo degrade slower and hold charge better at lower temps. already mentioned a few time in this forum and on the net with studies done on Li based batts
              For sale

Comment

Battery University™ is a free educational website offering hands-on battery information.
                For sale

Comment

because lipo degrade slower and hold charge better at lower temps. already mentioned a few time in this forum and on the net with studies done on Li based batts
                  that means, after flight, i charge my batteries, then i store inside the fridge?
                  Kedi AH !

Comment

that means, after flight, i charge my batteries, then i store inside the fridge?
                    it is actually best to store them at 40-50% charge.. ~3.7V in the fridge(in fact they recommend 0C but i usually put in the fridge which is ard 5-8C)

i store them in the fridge after i fully charge, i guess it is alright since i usually use them 2-3 times a week. u can try the same
                    For sale

Comment

Be mindful of putting lipos in the fridge.
                      Condensation if taken place too fast, will cause short circuits.
                      If need to place in frigdge, wrap them in tower and leave for temperature to drop slowly so that condensation is held minimum.

Comment

I mean temperator to rise slowly so as to minimise condensation.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks guys. Just got my Fusion packs yesterday. Solid looking packs! Have not maiden it yet but i will this evening somewhere around west area because will be at MI.

Im kinda new to electric so anyone has tips how to take care of your packs for the long run?

thanks!
                          Kedi AH !

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks guys. Just got my Fusion packs yesterday. Solid looking packs! Have not maiden it yet but i will this evening somewhere around west area because will be at MI.

Im kinda new to electric so anyone has tips how to take care of your packs for the long run?

thanks!
                            Heh danny,

My normal practise is to time you flight, normal my pack comes down at about 3.6v per cell, temperature to be kept below 55degreeC preferred, this will ensure longer lifespan for the lipo. After playing, let it cool a bit before charging again. My 2 cents, maybe can wait for more suggestion from the more experience people from here.

Comment

thanks!
                              1) Use a good lipo charger which doesn't overcharge any cells beyond 4.20 volts. (VERY IMPORTANT !!!)
                              2) Never discharge more than 80% of your pack's capacity, ie: for a 2200Mah pack, you put back 1760Mah after flying. (time your flights)
                              3) If you're not gonna use the lipo for more than 3 months, store them at 3.8V to 3.9V per cell. (monitor every month)
                              4) If possible, datalog your setup to ensure your peak Amp draw does not exceed your pack's C rating. (EagleTree is nice)
                              5) Balance your cells every opportunity you get (MKS makes great balancer ...down to 0.01V )

Good luck !
                              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Guys, sorry to hijack this thread. Anyone knows what balancing tabs(Align?) are esky lipos using? Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X