Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenhorn
    u can write in C n load into pic to control servos and other stuffss

any1 wish to tag along with me to buy the following microcontroller ?i need kakis as being alone is tougher to learn

Dive into the digital world as we explore the latest apps, services, and gadgets that shape our lives. From in-depth tech reviews to uncovering the best digital tools.

BOT40-II Controller
    this thread had stopped moving?

btw what's your budget bro?

Comment

hvnt started..im jz started to pick up C again...i need to familairise with the microcontroller , kinematics and dynamics 1st..

Comment

kinematics and dynamics?

Comment

a study of mechanical movements

Comment

I build robots and lately last year I build a machine which I control them using C complier.
            It is known as the CCS complier which will intergrate with the Microchip software.
            You have to seach the net for the complier.
            The microchip software is for free to download.
            Do read up on the microchip website on how to use their chip.
            You would require a unit to transfer the program into the chip.
            I got my debugger kit and transfer kit from mircrochip.

Comment

can i use the source boost compilers?do u write ur own source codes for the servos?

Comment

HI Bro,

maybe you can see other kinds of microcontrollers at www.inexglobal.com
                They are lower in cost

Thanks
                Conrad.

Comment

Hi, maybe you can elaborate on what kind of robot you're building? A Hex? Quad? Biped?

I've just completed my Uni FYP: A Quad legged robot

Everything was built from scratch [MCU, servo controller board, robot chassis/parts], and I must say that IT WAS HELL!

A few questions:
                  1) How many servos are you planning to use?
                  2) What type of servos? Analogue / Digital

I'm running 12 servos simultaneously, and due to some programming issues, I had to buy a commercial servo controller.

I was able to control up to 4 servos from a PIC18F252 smoothly, but anything more and I'm getting eractic behaviour
                  (Reason was timer overfow, and I didn't have time to debug and compress my codes due to submission/demostration date)

So bite the bullet and got a commercial controller controlled via a PIC18F4550. Needless to say, everything went smoothly

If budget allows get a commercial controller as well. Building a MCU from scratch is too much work. I spent more time designing the PCB, then have to make the board and then test if the board is working, before I can even start programming.

I'm using C-language + C18 compiler

Comment

Anyone looking to do programming and weird electronics for a job?

Hello,

I chanced upon this thread by chance, and hope it was for my benefit. The company I am working for is looking for a young engineer who enjoys messing with C coding, making PCBs and such. All low-volume things, but very unusual ones.

If you are:

- self-driven. The company leaves each person to work very independently.
                    - works fast and accurately
                    - really enjoys electronics programming and PCB design, we'll make your hobby a job!
                    - Singaporean, substantial military R&D

If so, please contact me at peterho@hopetechnik.com , much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Hi to all! Anyone here need automation components etc: pulleys, gear, belts, bearing?

Comment

anyone knows where to get development board for microchip 16f877.

Comment

I was going thru Arduino site and bought myself the latest board from their local distributor (sgbotic). I'm using it to learn about electronics and microcontroller.

Is it any good for robotic? The c++ code looks simple enough (looking at the example codes).

Their site www.arduino.cc.

Comment

im using that bro..gd for C language idiot like me

Comment

PIC programmer

Hi,
                              Anybody know where to get a good cheap PIC programmer...need to burn some PIC but having problem with my JDM PIC programmer...never seem to be able to write and verify successfully....

thanks

Comment

PIC JDM Programmer

Originally posted by jtansoon View Post
                                Hi,
                                Anybody know where to get a good cheap PIC programmer...need to burn some PIC but having problem with my JDM PIC programmer...never seem to be able to write and verify successfully....

thanks
                                Hi I got the PIC JDM programmer with 40 and 18 Zif socket.
                                Got it long time ago.
                                At that time was trying for fun to make servo tester and servo reverser.
                                Many Hex files to copy from the net.

You want to try use mine ?

Thanks
                                عبد

Comment

Working...
                                X