Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What comes w a Mill / lathe?

In my attempt to share my knowledge in hobby machining. I will try my best to provide as much details as possible for those enquiring. Machining / turning itself is very technical but you can do wonders if you master it.

Some guys asked what comes with the machine when you purchase a unit of those machine from http://www.daddyhobby.com/workshop/

If you are a mill, you will get "what u see in the pic" plus a bag of tools (less the protective cover, thats optional ) This tools include some allen key, spanner, oil bottle etc.

The standard mill comes originally w a "drill chuck" only. I am bundling it with a "collet" and an "End mill" inwhich u can start off machining you own parts. So the basic operation you can perform for a start is drilling and machining.

As for the lathe, same here, you will get "what u see in the pic" plus a cutting tools. There is a dead tail stock provided for you to aim the center point of you cutting bit.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Mike

Whats the ETA.

Need a lathe to do Trex ccpm conversion. Probably sell the kits and recover lathe cost!

X34.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
      Whats the ETA.
      I had an agreement w factory to finish the production by Mid Jan. Assume they ship out on the 17 Jan, I should have them before 25 Jan.

Let me install a fresh copy of my CAD software, its gone after my harddisk crash. I had been visualising how to turn - mill the swash

Cheers

Mike

Btw, in case u guys curious what ETA stands for ETA = Estimated Time Arrival, this is an industrial term

Comment

Working...
      X