Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never! Ever! Touch! Align! Lipo! Batteries!!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never! Ever! Touch! Align! Lipo! Batteries!!!

Bought a Align 3 cell lipo pack 13th of September, price $103.

Always allowed cool down (I have 4 lipo packs, 2 Align and 2 Flight Power) then charge and balance on the super duper fail safe top of the line so called Intelligent Digital Align charger model RCC-6SX. After less then 20 cycles the darn battery bloated.

Brought it back to the shop and told them what happened, I was just given the answer "Lipo batteries like that one" Can change or not? "Cannot, everyone sell lipo also like that one"

Came back to office and called the sellers of Hyperion and Flightpower lipo and asked them "what if" I bought the batteries and in less that 20 cycles the batteries bloated?

One offered a 30% discount on the next battery and the other offered either a discount or a one to one exchange (conditions apply)

New to lipo so didn't know whats available at that time, from now on for 10 bucks more I'll buy a better quality battery.

Took out all my receipt and added every thing up, spent about 3 thousand in a month plus at that shop... would have expected a better answer from them

And forgot to add, my esc is set to maximum conservative level so there is no way I over drain the batteries.

Whats more I'm still at hovering and and some forward flight so how much could I have trashed the batteries???

Comment

Align and DN Batteries have the common problem.

Comment

Should try something like thunder power ,flight power, polyquest, kong power. They have better warranty service.

Comment

but ever DN batteries allow one to one exchange...

Comment

Which shop is it?

Comment

How long did u hover per lipo? What heli are u flying?

But even if u used within its limits, and the batt still bloat, the shop should be able to allow u to exchange or at least give a discount..

Which shop issit?
              AR Drone 2.0
              Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
              Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
              RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

u should be able to exchange... i did for mine bought overseas.. try to email align directly
                For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

of course it will be easier for the shop to send it back for you... as you dun need to pay for the postal charges.

Comment

Hi all, I have or (had anyway) 2 Align and 2 Flight Power, I number them 1 to 4 so I do not mix them up. The last one to be used will be the last one to be charged.

I have the Align SE V2, I typically hover 5 minutes plus there abouts. Like I said my esc is set to Kiasu super early cut off and my friend who has a voltage meter randomly check my batteries and each individual cell is never below 3 volts. As soon as I find I have to trottle up to maintain altitude I land.

I mean if there is something wrong in the way I use and charge my batteries then the other Align battery should bloat too... or for that matter the Flight Power will also bloat, my 3 other batteries are fine.

And like I said, I H O V E R, I'm not punching up the throttle doing 3D flip and roll and tic toc and death spiral and all that stuff.

As a person with business ethics I don't feel its right to post the shop name here, I did how ever show my displeasure when told nothing can be done by asking for a cutter and cut off my DIN connector and said "here you can have the battery back then" they could see I was bloody f**king fuming Too late to send it back to Align now.

Anyway, is there only one shop that carry Align spares in Singapore or theres others? Or maybe Hong Kong?

If any of you know of lobang to get Align spares please let me know the link. I'm not on a budget so I don't mind paying a little more.

Or I may hold a "Tu Lan" sale and sell off every f**king thing and buy a heli from Derrick of Sky Hobbies, I think his customer service is excellent.

Cheers

PS Remember... NEVER! EVER! TOUCH! ALIGN! BATTERIES!

Comment

i will remember not to buy align batteries.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
                        Anyway will stay away from that shop. Things are priced higher than else where yet service depend on people and mood.

Comment

Is that one of the largest LHS in Singapore?

Comment

Yes they are a large hobby shop.

Cheers

PS Remember... DO NOT BUY ALIGN BATTERIES!!!!!

Comment

Contact Align directly if the local agent/distributor do not give u a satisfied reply.

U may wana send an email to Align wif pics of battery + receipt, then cc to CASE n the local agent/distributor. That will make someone jump n do something abt it.

Comment

Working...
                              X