Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeR
    found out from the net that different chargers will have different characteristics, quote from someone:

(Prolux Ni-PO charge 144), which can fluctuate to 0A and back to 5A at certain periods(i set it at 5A for charging rate).

so...bro richardk2046, just to confirm that u r using B6? any B6 users would like to verify pls...thankyou.
    I'm using IMAX B6, never have such scenario, but I charge Lipo only.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeR
      found out from the net that different chargers will have different characteristics, quote from someone:

(Prolux Ni-PO charge 144), which can fluctuate to 0A and back to 5A at certain periods(i set it at 5A for charging rate).

so...bro richardk2046, just to confirm that u r using B6? any B6 users would like to verify pls...thankyou.
      TypeR, can you show me the link, I'm interest to know too. Thx

Richard

Comment

after further verifications, found that it'll fluctuate between the set current and 0A for the 1st few mins, then it'll go to the set current and charge till about almost full and then reduce the current but not to 0A...

i've only tested with nimh and nicd. i think during the 1st few mins the charger is in some form of 'detection mode' so it'll modulate the current for detection of correct voltage? ...

Comment

Imax B6 hidden menu

seems that there's a hidden service menu fo this charger

Comment

Originally posted by richardk2046 View Post
            That is normal, the charger will progressively reduce the current at the final stage to avoid overcharge the battery.

As mentioned earlier, the charger provide high current at the beginning and at the final stage, reduce the current to check if the battery is really fully and repeat the process with even lower current, recheck, reduce current and so on until it is fully charged, but will not reduce to zero. It will not drop to zero and then back up again as mention in your previous post.

Hi,

I just received my Mystery B6 charger, and I have the same comportment as TypeR (current is dropping to 0.0A every ~2min and then going back to what I set).

I'm affraid of a malfunction, I tried with some NiMH Batteries and the charger didn't stop feeding them current The batteries (1 cell) get hot and received more than their max capacity, but the charger just continue to charge them

Any advices ??

Thanks

Comment

i got mine.......
              charge my lipo 3s 11.1v 4400mah
              and the readings are like 3.9/4.2/3.9
              and i measure the voltage using my voltage checker is like 4.03/4.2/4.03
              all the settings are out
              dischargering and charging the 2nd cell will be too much
              like 3.5 or 4.3..
              its killing my batteries

Comment

Hi,

I find one iMax B6 (US$39.43) and one iMax B5 (US$35.11).

They have Worldwide Shipping for US$17.81!

Which is the best?
                http://www.helibrasil.com/product_in...roducts_id/338 iMax B6 (US$39.43)
                or
                http://www.helibrasil.com/product_in...roducts_id/450 (US$35.11).

One lipo charger for $57.24 shipped.

I want to charge two 3S at same time (3S2P).

Thanks

Comment

have a qn

Hi I have a qn abt this charger..

Can the b6 charge lipo using the balance tab only? I wanna charge tx lipo tat onli haf the jst balance tab for charging only. Can this be done? My current macro m6 charger can only charge lipos wen the deans and balance tab connected. If the b6 can't? Is thr aniwae possible for me to charge this kind of lipo?

Comment

nope

Same, this B6 charger needs both the deans and balancer tab to charge. Unless your batt has a built in balancer, then only you can use the charge mode instead of the balancing mode, i.e just connecting deans/jst/whatever type of connector is on ur batt

Comment

So is thr any charer tat can charge using only the balance tabs?

Comment

have..those cheaper chargers. imax have one as well

Comment

Working...
                        X